TheFantastics09

Exactly 6 months yesterday, no word from USCIS (NOA2)....

55 posts in this topic

You are not alone, my finance and I hired a lawyer and regret it too!!!

I found this site too late... oh well we live and learn, right!! :crying:

Ps Ours was $1800 :wacko:

We thought we needed one, because I was rejected 2 years ago (from a previous relationship)

for lack of ties to Canada and we were very ignorant to this whole process.

Good Luck!!!

SEPT 16,2010-FILED I-129F
SEPT 21,2010-NOA1
SEPT 27,2010-hard copy of NOA1
SEPT 24,2010-touch
FEB 23,2011-RFE
FEB 23,2011-touch
MAR 12,2011-SENT OUT RFE requested
MAR 16,2011-touch (e-mail too)
MAR 17,2011-NOA2
MAR 25,2011-NVC recieved our petition
APR 13,2011-PKT 3 SENT from Montreal
APR 20,2011-SENT OUT PKT 3
MAY 4,2011-EMAIL RFE 2 from Montreal
MAY 5,2011-SENT OUT REQUESTED DS 156, passprot photos, bio page of passport
MAY 23,2011-DOS COMFIRMED PKT 4 HAS BEEN SENT OUT
May 31,2011-Pkt 4 recieved (dated May 18th)
AUG 3,2011-MEDICAL in Toronto
AUG 25,2011-INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!
SEPT 9,2011-POE
SEPT 12,2011-Wedding

AOS
SEPT,26th 2011-AOS filed
OCT 6th-E-mail NOA1
OCT 11th-Hardcopy of NOA1 dated Sept 28th
OCT 25th-RFE
NOV 29,2011-AP (Approved)
NOV 29,2011-EAD(card production)
Dec 6,2011-EAD/AP card in hand smile.png
June 18, 2012-AOS approved
Aug 27th,2012-Card in production
STILL WAITING TO RECIEVE GREEN CARD~2nd service request is pending Nov 12,2012
Contacted senator-Jan 2013
Recieved e-mail response-Feb 4,2013
MAY 7,2013-RECIEVED GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

March 18,2014-sent I-751

March 24,2014-Recieved NOA (dated March 20th)

My Attourney charged $1,500.00 to do the paperwork for me. What did your Attourney Charge ? LOL

thats my lawyer charge me and it takes 7 mos for the uscis process plus the NVC then interview it takes total of 10 mos. that the visa is in my fiancee' hands... when my fiancee got her in US she told me we dont need a lawyer to the whole process as long as we know how to fill up the forms and read instruction...lawyers just waste of money they cannot give us enough info anyway...now my wife is green card holder without the help of the lawyer...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A good Attourney provides some relief to the stress. But, it's time consuming and stressful anyway. I know Mav will Object to paying another $1,000.00 for the AOS by the Attourney. She studies this too. If we get passed the I-129F and she Arrives We will do this together. This is a Good Site to be on and a Member.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OMG, Timbo... LOL Now you're going to have to "sell all your clutter in house" just to pay your attorney! LOL LOL :rofl:

Mari

PS: Its not nice to ask a woman's age or how much she paid for something and then expect her to answer! LOL REMEMBER THAT cuz your wife [to be] is on her way!

LOL Mari, she has seen the house (Or Fort)I think she's going to demand a Round Trip Ticket back to the Philipphines if I don't clean it up. LOL :rofl:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know Mav will Object to paying another $1,000.00 for the AOS by the Attourney.

She should, the AOS itself costs $1070. Do the AOS part yourself, just follow the guides here lol

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Have you tried contacting youe Senator or Congressman/Woman. They have people working for them that take care of this stuff. Please do yourself a favor and contact them. Good luck, I feel your pain.

Thank-You!

I just got off the phone with the Congressman's office for our area, they are sending the appropriate release forms to my Fiancé for him to fill out. Hopefully we will hear a better answer by the end of the week.

You are not alone, my finance and I hired a lawyer and regret it too!!!

I found this site too late... oh well we live and learn, right!! :crying:

Ps Ours was $1800 :wacko:

We thought we needed one, because I was rejected 2 years ago (from a previous relationship)

for lack of ties to Canada and we were very ignorant to this whole process.

Good Luck!!!

Thank-You!! :)

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes, cases at VSC have been pretty frustrating lately. I suggest you call the number on your NOA1 and get them to open a case for you. When you call, first respond to the automated prompts like you don't have a receipt number. Then you'll be routed to a live support person. Then give the live support person your receipt number and request (politely) that you'll like a case opened for you. I said politely because whoever is taking your call is definitely not the one responsible for processing your case.

Even without the case opened, I have the feeling that you'll get your approval this week, if not today. This is based on the fact that I got my own approval at about 4 days to 6 months. Things are have been pretty slow at VSC but patience is your only option when you're dealing with anyone that holds all the aces in the card pack. Trust me, I know what it feels like to wate a single day after 5 months. I got to the point that I had nightmares every night shortly before we got approved. I could barely eat; for real.

I wish you the best of lucks. There light at the end of the tunnell...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ah, thank-you. So it would seem that the last time our file was 'touched' was 10/03/2010. *sigh

Where on the membership page are you told your file has been "touched?" I set up an account based on my case number, but I'm not given any information other than, "On December 7, 2010, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)..."

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Where on the membership page are you told your file has been "touched?" I set up an account based on my case number, but I'm not given any information other than, "On December 7, 2010, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)..."

Thanks in advance.

Right on the little bar that shows the update date on it. If the date on it is a current/close date then that means they looked at your file or moved it somewhere recently. It does not say " touch " or anything on the case. All you look at is the listed date.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Wow, that's good business these lawyers are into. I'm sure they come on this site to get info as well. I would consider the business opportunity.

I have my fair share of Lawyers, that's all there is, it's a business...I'm sorry to say. Good luck on your NOA2, I'm going on my 5th month next week as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Persistence pays. Keep calling

July 2, 2010 Elya and Ken Married in Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
July 14, 2011 - Point of Entry Chicago. Arrived safely. Hurah
April 11, 2013 CSC Filed I-751

August 8, Pending Oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

What exactly did your lawyer lie about? If it has delayed this long and your lawyer lied, there is a possibility the delay was from a fault of his. Call the USCIS and request a Tier 2 representative to get the details or an answer.

Agreed. Regardless of whether or not you are working with an attorney that should not prevent you from calling USCIS and following up on your own case. You are entitled to know you one personal information. And they will speak with you if you are the petitioner or beneficiary. Additionally, I just called USCIS about another subject concerning my case and found them to be very helpful. The woman took the time I needed to answer all my questions and she was quite informative. It was a positive experience so I would encourage you to call.

Thanks

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Dont worry we reached our 6 months yesterday as well and still no word from USCIS. Even though we didnt use an attorney its all the same thing.. They just tell us to keep waiting which makes me very frustrated :bonk:

Sent I-129f Package* o8.o3.10

USCIS received I-129f Package* o8.o6.10

Received NOA1* o8.16.10

Touched* 10.o3.10

Put in a Service Request* o2.22.11

Sent letter to USCIS* o3.11.11

RFE* o3.14.11

event.png

P0r amarte r0baria una estrella y te la regalaria

P0r amarte cruzaria l0s mares s0lo x abrazarte

P0r amarte juntaria la lluvia c0n el fuego

P0r amarte daria la viida s0l0 x besarte♥

Dont worry we reached our 6 months yesterday as well and still no word from USCIS. Even though we didnt use an attorney its all the same thing.. They just tell us to keep waiting which makes me very frustrated :bonk:

Hey, we have the same NOA1 date :). I hope you get yours soon!!

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I completely understand your frustration, but to be a bit fair to your lawyer, I don't think his intentions were to lie to you. I'm using a lawyer as well (she is a close family friend so I'm not paying her and she has my best intentions at heart) and she also told me that the K1 should not take more than 6 months. I think there has been a drastic difference in processing times within a very short period of time. Of course the lawyer wanted your case and money, but I don't think they are genuinely trying to hustle you. Even if they had told you it would take more time, would you not go through with the process? Look at the bright side, you are very very close to getting the NOA 2. I'm sorry for your case and I really hope you get the NOA 2 in the mail ASAP!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.