TheFantastics09

Exactly 6 months yesterday, no word from USCIS (NOA2)....

55 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

It has been 6 months (yesterday) since we received our NOA1. Still nothing, no word from USCIS. Obviously I am very upset with my lawyer for lying about the whole process in the first place, but I will save my rant for another post. If we have a lawyer, does that mean we can't speak to USCIS ourselves? When we called last time they gave us a run around and I am wondering if that was because we have a lawyer doing the paperwork and they can only speak to him. If we can talk on our behalf, who do we talk to? Those drones (USCIS)are of no use!

Please, no rude comments about this being a self help site... We are beginning to get frustrated and could really use some (positive) advice.

Thank-you.

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

The only tip I have for you is to ask for a tier 2 person,asking for a supervisor, when you try to call the (dis)service line, as you probably know by know the first human you talk to is nothing better then a trained monkey, even though that's kind of an insult to trained monkeys.

Were you able to put in a service request since you are beyond the normal processing time?

And of course you are allowed to call them yourself.

I really hope you get through USCIS soon!

Good Luck!

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

The only tip I have for you is to ask for a tier 2 person,asking for a supervisor, when you try to call the (dis)service line, as you probably know by know the first human you talk to is nothing better then a trained monkey, even though that's kind of an insult to trained monkeys.

Were you able to put in a service request since you are beyond the normal processing time?

Good Luck!

Thank-you!

When we called USCIS at the 5 1/2 mark, they claimed that it was in normal processing time and that we should call back in 2 weeks (which is exactly 6 months). I will mention to my Fiancé about speaking to someone higher up the food chain.

Edited by TheFantastics09

UJaZm4.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good Luck!

:lol::rofl::lol:

i saw some post last that they are approvals july filers, so hope that yours is coming up soon,

Thank-you! We do too... :(

UJaZm4.png

Timeline

Hey Everyone,

It has been 6 months (yesterday) since we received our NOA1. Still nothing, no word from USCIS. Obviously I am very upset with my lawyer for lying about the whole process in the first place, but I will save my rant for another post. If we have a lawyer, does that mean we can't speak to USCIS ourselves? When we called last time they gave us a run around and I am wondering if that was because we have a lawyer doing the paperwork and they can only speak to him. If we can talk on our behalf, who do we talk to? Those drones (USCIS)are of no use!

Please, no rude comments about this being a self help site... We are beginning to get frustrated and could really use some (positive) advice.

Thank-you.

What exactly did your lawyer lie about? If it has delayed this long and your lawyer lied, there is a possibility the delay was from a fault of his. Call the USCIS and request a Tier 2 representative to get the details or an answer.

What exactly did your lawyer lie about? If it has delayed this long and your lawyer lied, there is a possibility the delay was from a fault of his. Call the USCIS and request a Tier 2 representative to get the details or an answer.

He was dishonest about the K-1 process as a whole. He did not tell us that there could be a possibility of us not getting the ACTUAL visa in under a year. He did NOT tell us that we were JUST filing a petition and that we were NO WHERE NEAR getting married and AOS. After he received the first payment was when we found out that the 90-120 day wait period to get our "K-1" visa now had a wait time of 5 months "give or take". Where was this possibility before? He failed to disclose vital information about both the K-1 and K-3. I honestly felt that he pushed the K-1 route because he knew he could make more money off of us. We also did not know about NVC, or that there are also wait times at the consulates where the interview is held. Whether the interview wait time is 1 day or 6 months is irrelevant, we just wanted to know what to expect....

We were very misinformed... :(

-End Rant.

UJaZm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you created an Account with USCIS yet? Your NOA1 has a receipt number. Create a Account with a User ID and Password. It will tell you the Date USCIS last looked at your Petition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29hUIO3jaQ

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Have you created an Account with USCIS yet? Your NOA1 has a receipt number. Create a Account with a User ID and Password. It will tell you the Date USCIS last looked at your Petition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i29hUIO3jaQ

Is that different then checking your case status? If it isn't, the only thing we see is the same "On August 6th, we received your petition..."

UJaZm4.png

Timeline

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Ah, thank-you. So it would seem that the last time our file was 'touched' was 10/03/2010. *sigh

UJaZm4.png

Timeline

He was dishonest about the K-1 process as a whole. He did not tell us that there could be a possibility of us not getting the ACTUAL visa in under a year. He did NOT tell us that we were JUST filing a petition and that we were NO WHERE NEAR getting married and AOS. After he received the first payment was when we found out that the 90-120 day wait period to get our "K-1" visa now had a wait time of 5 months "give or take". Where was this possibility before? He failed to disclose vital information about both the K-1 and K-3. I honestly felt that he pushed the K-1 route because he knew he could make more money off of us. We also did not know about NVC, or that there are also wait times at the consulates where the interview is held. Whether the interview wait time is 1 day or 6 months is irrelevant, we just wanted to know what to expect....

We were very misinformed... :(

-End Rant.

Sorry to hear that. If only you had been familiar with VJ you wouldn't have needed a lawyer. Your lawyer pretty much hustled you.

Sorry to hear that. If only you had been familiar with VJ you wouldn't have needed a lawyer. Your lawyer pretty much hustled you.

You would think that someone who has been on the news (for positive things of course :P) and everyone talks about him wouldn't be such a rip-off.

And yeah, we wish we came here first.

UJaZm4.png

Timeline

My Attourney charged $1,500.00 to do the paperwork for me. What did your Attourney Charge ? LOL

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.