hiker068

I-131 Application Type

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi guys,

I searched this topic a lot but couldn't find a case that matched ours. My wife (then fiancée) entered the US on a K-1 visa. Now we're married and filing the AOS forms. On the I-131, under Application Type in part 2, which do we choose? Looks like (d), but obviously I want to be sure. Thanks.........

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hi guys,

I searched this topic a lot but couldn't find a case that matched ours. My wife (then fiancée) entered the US on a K-1 visa. Now we're married and filing the AOS forms. On the I-131, under Application Type in part 2, which do we choose? Looks like (d), but obviously I want to be sure. Thanks.........

Yes, D.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/INS-Form-I-131.pdf

Example form - VJ has a ton of example forms to help you fill forms out, they are in the example form section. Press the button at the top of VJ website labled Example Forms.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

moved from AOS to Working and Travelling During US Immigration as AP form I-131 is discussed here

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 8 months later...

My wife is also here on a K1 visa and im applying for AOS. in February we may want to use our income tax to go go the Philippines and visit our Family for a couple of weeks. should we file the i-131 for advanced parole or is for emergency only? or should we just wait till she has green card to travel? need advice

The Advance Parole is a temporary travel permission to use while AOS is pending. It is approved routinely with AOS applications, and not reserved for emergencies only.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

• 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

?

I am about to file I-131. Is this an acceptable letter of explaining my trip?

"

Dear Sir or Madam,

As I have travel plans to xxxx for our wedding party in the month of Nov, 2012 and earlier in the month of July, 2012 for our Honeymoon, I request you to process my travel application. Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me if a question should arise.

"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.