Obama 2012

Captain Ewok - Your Moderators for OT Need to be Replaced

175 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I suggest one or more of the following for OT/PR - chri'stina, sandinista!, Sofiyya, Some Old Guy. I believe any of them will apply the rules as they exist without much bias.

+1

I think Soffiyya would be too biased and surprised that she would be even considered. Of course if want to be indoctrinated on how great Islam is then she would be the perfect choice.

She disagrees with you on bashing muslims in the P&R forum, I think most would.

saddle bronc.........

You trying to kill VisaJourney Charles? Ever notice how a thread dies after he posts?

be81f62b.jpg

Timeline

Back a couple of years ago Ewok added Ukraine and Belarus to the Russia regional. It did seem to help some members from those countries to find support. As mentioned though, there are still loads of folks affiliated with those countries that don't post there - but some of them do read it and get information there.

That is true. Some regionals are more active than others and it has to do with the people in the regionals already who make it active. I went and perused a couple of regionals that I haven't been to for a long time and I see that India is now very active and Australia. That was just a couple. If we could make the regionals more able to be seen then maybe more will come into them and become active for that particular region. I never knew they were there and when I did find them and my area I needed I learned some things that helped a lot from others that had gone through the process already in the consulate and all the pitfalls to avoid.

Timeline

+1

She disagrees with you on bashing muslims in the P&R forum, I think most would.

You trying to kill VisaJourney Charles? Ever notice how a thread dies after he posts?

be81f62b.jpg

What you call bashing is anything that doesn't agree with her and has to be how great Islam is with nothing said against it. Of course we will get the standard called being a bigot if we disagree with anything but that is to be expected as usual.yes.gif

If you make the Regionals more noticeable so that more traffic flows there, you better have them heavily moderated so that newer members are run off the site entirely by some of the stronger personalities.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

What you call bashing is anything that doesn't agree with her and has to be how great Islam is with nothing said against it. Of course we will get the standard called being a bigot if we disagree with anything but that is to be expected as usual.yes.gif

Maybe you should go back and review some of your postings regarding muslims. Maybe the fact that you so flippantly refer to anyone who disagrees with you pejoratively you don't realize it.

Timeline

Maybe you should go back and review some of your postings regarding muslims. Maybe the fact that you so flippantly refer to anyone who disagrees with you pejoratively you don't realize it.

Or you find quotes where I have degraded Muslims personally. Never will. I have been critical of Islam itself and we were discussing that before but I think most Muslims are like I am which is just ordinary people. Of course there is that small percentage that bring shame but this is true of all religions and population at large. I will never say that all Muslims are evil. Defy anyone to find where I say that. I actually like Soffiya but think she can't be an unbiased mod as I am sure everyone will agree I won't be.

Timeline

Or you find quotes where I have degraded Muslims personally. Never will. I have been critical of Islam itself and we were discussing that before but I think most Muslims are like I am which is just ordinary people. Of course there is that small percentage that bring shame but this is true of all religions and population at large. I will never say that all Muslims are evil. Defy anyone to find where I say that. I actually like Soffiya but think she can't be an unbiased mod as I am sure everyone will agree I won't be.

Yes, you are only critical of muslims and Islam in a general sense. That doesn't make it any less bigoted. The only bit about Islam that you seem to care about is the extremists and that is how you seem to treat people like Sofiyya and Sandinista.

Timeline

Yes, you are only critical of muslims and Islam in a general sense. That doesn't make it any less bigoted. The only bit about Islam that you seem to care about is the extremists and that is how you seem to treat people like Sofiyya and Sandinista.

That is a lie. I have never thought that all Muslims are extremists in the least. I will repeat again. I think most Muslims are good law abiding working class like I am. There is a small percentage that are extremists. There are a small percentage of people of any religion that are extremists. There is a small percentage of the population at large that are extremists. This is not being a bigot at all to say this.

Now I have posted a simple, "religion of peace," before where I was called a bigot. This is said in that particular thread about something outrageous and only said this for that one incident. I know that it is just one incident of a very few incidents and I made the remark for that one incident to show that it is called a religion of peace but wasn't used in that particular instance only.

It is not strange that we do not post the stories that have shown where the two major religions that we do discuss have done things positive. It is not news worthy. And again I like Soffiya and I think she is a great advocate for her religion but her as a mod is wrong as she is biased and I think she would ban anyone that said anything not to her liking. That is wrong. I do wish that the very few people that keep posting the Muslim ####### will stop or just keep it to one thread until it died but we have the very few people that dig up several and post them at the same time. It is called the politics and Religion thread though.

Wanted to add that I do not think Sofiyya or Sandinistas or extremists in the least. This is in your own head only.

Edited by luckytxn

That is true. Some regionals are more active than others and it has to do with the people in the regionals already who make it active. I went and perused a couple of regionals that I haven't been to for a long time and I see that India is now very active and Australia. That was just a couple. If we could make the regionals more able to be seen then maybe more will come into them and become active for that particular region. I never knew they were there and when I did find them and my area I needed I learned some things that helped a lot from others that had gone through the process already in the consulate and all the pitfalls to avoid.

Agreed, when Ukraine was lumped in with lots of other countries (some of them much more active) it was tough to sort through. I don't know how to reconfigure them so that most countries are easily seen without Ewok having to constantly guage the traffic and move them around though. Not to mention there would perhaps be a lot more forums.

If you make the Regionals more noticeable so that more traffic flows there, you better have them heavily moderated so that newer members are run off the site entirely by some of the stronger personalities.

This is a good point also. We see plenty of newer members that just stay in the immigration related forums, and that is fine. Sometimes they tell us that they don't want to post in (some of) the regionals, or P&R or OT, because of the nastiness they see there. The regionals ought to be a safer place, but the members there still need to be able to voice an opinion. There are also some members who just leave because they say they are tired of those stronger personalities.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Agreed, when Ukraine was lumped in with lots of other countries (some of them much more active) it was tough to sort through. I don't know how to reconfigure them so that most countries are easily seen without Ewok having to constantly guage the traffic and move them around though. Not to mention there would perhaps be a lot more forums.

This is a good point also. We see plenty of newer members that just stay in the immigration related forums, and that is fine. Sometimes they tell us that they don't want to post in (some of) the regionals, or P&R or OT, because of the nastiness they see there. The regionals ought to be a safer place, but the members there still need to be able to voice an opinion. There are also some members who just leave because they say they are tired of those stronger personalities.

I agree that it could get messy with the potential extra regional forums. I am not too familiar with the strong personalities spoken of but have seen a few. It would be best to just ignore them but I know it won't happen. If someone is too disruptive then they should be warned. I have hit the report button a few times in my specific region from a couple of people that are always saying nasty stuff and it gets taken care of fast. I notice that those couple of disrupter's have quieted down.

Wish the regionals could be more friendly. The one I am in was a God send to me and I know a couple of others are a great help. We are in a very hard region to get a visa OK. The help from the ones before me helped make it possible for me to get that visa. I now try to stay and help the ones that come in now in gratitude for that help.

It is probably a bad idea and may be more of a headache as I never realized that more Mods need to be made to cover the increase.

I agree that it could get messy with the potential extra regional forums. I am not too familiar with the strong personalities spoken of but have seen a few. It would be best to just ignore them but I know it won't happen. If someone is too disruptive then they should be warned. I have hit the report button a few times in my specific region from a couple of people that are always saying nasty stuff and it gets taken care of fast. I notice that those couple of disrupter's have quieted down.

Wish the regionals could be more friendly. The one I am in was a God send to me and I know a couple of others are a great help. We are in a very hard region to get a visa OK. The help from the ones before me helped make it possible for me to get that visa. I now try to stay and help the ones that come in now in gratitude for that help.

It is probably a bad idea and may be more of a headache as I never realized that more Mods need to be made to cover the increase.

Right. And the stronger personalities mentioned earlier are exactly the ones who dislike being moderated, and report lots of people for lots of stuff, engage in vendettas, try to police by proxy, etc. More forums + more mods just creates more potential venues for conflict, and some folks are even more sensitive to any comment made in their regional than they would be in OT, say. I think Ewok is open to trying changes to VJ that might make the regionals more friendly, but it is a tough problem IMO.

Another issued pointed up earlier is mod time. Many of us have jobs, families, etc. that tend not to revolve around the internet, so we have limited time on VJ every day. I think there are absolutely times when legitimate issues have to wait for attention. It frustrates mods at times too. I am not sure more mods are the answer to the problem though, because there is no telling on any given day how heavy the workload may be, or what it will be. Some members have loads of web time, and when they get the mood - we wind up spending a fair amount of time mediating instead of trying to help with site issues, usage questions, etc. As you see every day, the mediation usually makes the aforementioned personalities even more active sometimes.

Any way, thanks for your input.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Despite its history of being used by men to demean and degrade women? Well, I disagree and I suppose we can leave it at that.

Can a female mod refer to her ex as an assholle? I think it's comparable.