monsyra

tourist visa to wife of U.S. residents, it is urgent

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hello

someone help me, the case is as follows;

I am married to a U.S. permanent resident, we have not yet begun a process of request and we decided to wait until the becomes a citizen, and he is almost time to start that process, it takes almost 4 years living in the usa, I have passport Europe with whom I traveled last year and i was three months that may be, we have now decided that I filed in the U.S. consulate in the country that currently live, to apply for a tourist visa because you can stay a little more time with my husband, and then leave the United States and return later, until my husband is a citizen to request emepezar process. my question is:

Will it be that I will give a tourist visa? tell the truth I just want to spend time with my husband until he can apply for citizenship, the consulate may see that and I was in use and did not have nor do I have intentions to stay, besides certificates'll take mine and my studies son is 4 years old, both are present, however if I deny it (hopefully not so), I can travel with my European passport, I do not work and I'm in college and taking care of my son so that beareth statements of my husband, and my movements in my bank account, porfis someone give me advice and I do not want that fence to deny the visa.

thank you very much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Didn't you already recieve a lot of good responses in the (identical) post you posted a couple of days ago?

I'll repeat, you will probably have a hard time getting a tourist visa, and if denied, you will not be able to use the VWP again, which would be really shooting yourself in the foot.

Why not start the immigration-paperwork now and then just upgrade it when your S/O gets his citizenship?

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thank you very much, I wanted to see if anyone shared a similar experience with me, and so get some tips for the day of appointment or, finally, I will try my VWP is approved and is valid throughout this year, let's see what happens in these days , thank you very much for your comment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Do you mean that your ESTA is valid through out the year?

If you would be denied your B-visa you will have to update your ESTA, which will then tell you that you won't be approved. Ergo- no more VWP.

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not a K-3 visa topic, moving to ' Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America ' forum ***

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads merged together in Tourist Visas forum.

It is not necessary to start a whole new thread in a different forum on the same topic. Please continue the discussion in the same forum so VJ members are aware of what advice has already been offered and all of the information can stay together.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

but because you say it is bad idea, you can share your EXPERIENCE with me please.

thanks

Hello, did you get the tourist visa?can you share with us what happend, did they give you the tourist visa or not? Are you going tro try in Ecuador or in Spain??? Hope you can share it I will like to know what they said if its in Ecuador.

Pamela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.