monsyra

tourist visa to wife of U.S. residents, it is urgent

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hello

someone help me, the case is as follows;

I am married to a U.S. permanent resident, we have not yet begun a process of request and we decided to wait until the becomes a citizen, and he is almost time to start that process, it takes almost 4 years living in the usa, I have passport Europe with whom I traveled last year and i was three months that may be, we have now decided that I filed in the U.S. consulate in the country that currently live, to apply for a tourist visa because you can stay a little more time with my husband, and then leave the United States and return later, until my husband is a citizen to request emepezar process. my question is:

Will it be that I will give a tourist visa? tell the truth I just want to spend time with my husband until he can apply for citizenship, the consulate may see that and I was in use and did not have nor do I have intentions to stay, besides certificates'll take mine and my studies son is 4 years old, both are present, however if I deny it (hopefully not so), I can travel with my European passport, I do not work and I'm in college and taking care of my son so that beareth statements of my husband, and my movements in my bank account, porfis someone give me advice and I do not want that fence to deny the visa.

thank you very much

Filed: Country:
Timeline

hello

someone help me, the case is as follows;

I am married to a U.S. permanent resident, we have not yet begun a process of request and we decided to wait until the becomes a citizen, and he is almost time to start that process, it takes almost 4 years living in the usa, I have passport Europe with whom I traveled last year and i was three months that may be, we have now decided that I filed in the U.S. consulate in the country that currently live, to apply for a tourist visa because you can stay a little more time with my husband, and then leave the United States and return later, until my husband is a citizen to request emepezar process. my question is:

Will it be that I will give a tourist visa? tell the truth I just want to spend time with my husband until he can apply for citizenship, the consulate may see that and I was in use and did not have nor do I have intentions to stay, besides certificates'll take mine and my studies son is 4 years old, both are present, however if I deny it (hopefully not so), I can travel with my European passport, I do not work and I'm in college and taking care of my son so that beareth statements of my husband, and my movements in my bank account, porfis someone give me advice and I do not want that fence to deny the visa.

thank you very much

What country is your European passport issued under? If the passport is from a visa waiver country, you do not need to apply for a tourist visa, although you could still be denied at entry. In general, someone from Ecuador would likely be denied under your situation-spouse lives in the US, college student, child, etc., but you never know. However, it seems that you are a citizen of two countries, right? But keep in mind that the tourist visa is for...tourism. You won't be able to stay in the US for years without leaving.

Edited by Indy90

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your chances of a B are next to nil, stay with the VWP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have a precise dual nationality, the European passport is from Spain and Ecuador live, I have no intention of staying, I would spend five or six months with my husband until now can apply for citizenship, Then my intention is tourist visa to stay six months, as the European passport I can only stay three months .... if someone can give me advice or has gone through something so please ask for your help commentary, etc.

I will tell you how it goes, the date is ten days.

thanks

Timeline

I have a precise dual nationality, the European passport is from Spain and Ecuador live, I have no intention of staying, I would spend five or six months with my husband until now can apply for citizenship, Then my intention is tourist visa to stay six months, as the European passport I can only stay three months .... if someone can give me advice or has gone through something so please ask for your help commentary, etc.

I will tell you how it goes, the date is ten days.

thanks

I tried it, bad idea.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I applied for a B.

I am eligible for the VWP.

I did not get it.

If you do not get it you will have to update ESTA which means you might not be able to use the VWP, or have issues when seeking entry.

Timeline

try to be clear, and log in using my European passport without any problem, I stayed 89 days and returned to Ecuador, since by this means, the stay can only be for 90 days.

I want to apply for tourist visa because I can stay a little longer.

our plans are to be six months ie from March to July, and return back to Ecuador to go in December and stay six months. since my husband to apply for citizenship must be nine months without leaving the state in which this, so if I do not travel we can not see us until the year 2012 for the month of August or maybe even December.

Timeline

We understand what you want and why.

Timeline

then what I wanted to know if you've ever gone through the same situation and how it was, because in this case I tell the truth, because I want to spend a holiday with my husband and our son, and I will take my child tests and we are currently studying and I want to take holidays. I know the chances of denial are enough for me, but I'm trying to be positive, the trip last year that I get to orlando and observations that would pass with my son in Disney, I asked for my husband and told them that he lived there in use and we would see, there was no objection.

Timeline

Most people in the US get 2 weeks vacation.

You are going in there telling them that 90 days is not long enough.

Timeline

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Filed: Other Timeline

Let me explain why applying for a B2 "tourist" visa is a bad idea.

As a citizen of Ecuador, you chances of getting a B2 are extremely slim. As a citizen of Spain, you are however eligible to enter the US as part of the VWP without a visa for up to 90 days.

If you apply for a B2 as a citizen of Spain, they will wonder why. As Boiler mentioned before, most people have 2, perhaps 3 weeks of vacation. Few people have more, and very few people can take a vacation that's longer than 90 days. If you are among those people, you are either:

- unemployed, or

- very wealthy.

In either case they will ask you why you would want to spend more than 90 days in the US. If you are honest and mention that you would want to spend more time with your husband, who is a US resident and lives in the US, you are running a big chance to be denied, simply because the consular officer may assume -- rightfully or not -- that you have immigration intent.

The big deal here is, however, that if you apply for a B2 and get denied, you cannot use the VWP anymore!

Yes, that's right, if you apply and get denied, you have to apply again until you get approved, which can be years later, or when Hell freezes over, or never.

Therefore, it is not such a good idea to apply for a B2, when you can visit for up to 90 days. You are not only risking to be denied; you are risking not to be able to visit* your husband again as long as humans roam the Earth.

Note*:

Visit, here, means, entering the US as a non-immigrant.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.