12 posts in this topic

hello guys,,

I can't imagine after all paperworks in the philippines that i already done, now after married start again for paperworks grrrrr but we need to do it..i dont how can i start...i dont want to stay here in our house for doing anything..i want to work now so i can help him.. but i think i takes a lot of time to recieve my SSN card so i can apply work................... guyss help me wat first step i can do?? i dont want wrong sent for this filing of AOS and EAD...

AND WOW very expensive,,now almost $1500.... my medical result and x-ray need to send that??? thank you guyss..really appreciated!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to AOS forum.

Fee is only $1070, the fee for I-485 also covers the I-765 when filed together.

SSN does not allow work, EAD or Green-card does.

Start here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1k3aos

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=k1k3ead

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-aos.html

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

hello guys,,

I can't imagine after all paperworks in the philippines that i already done, now after married start again for paperworks grrrrr but we need to do it..i dont how can i start...i dont want to stay here in our house for doing anything..i want to work now so i can help him.. but i think i takes a lot of time to recieve my SSN card so i can apply work................... guyss help me wat first step i can do?? i dont want wrong sent for this filing of AOS and EAD...

AND WOW very expensive,,now almost $1500.... my medical result and x-ray need to send that??? thank you guyss..really appreciated!!

As YouAndDan said read the guides it is all there for you :thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The cost is $1070. If you file the AP and EAD with AOS the fee for the AP and EAD are waived. The AP is "Advanced Parole" and allows you to leave and re-enter the US while your AOS is pending. The EAD is "Employment Authorisation Document" and allows you to work. The SSN alone does not allow you to work, you must have the EAD to work.

There is an AOS thread in my signature that has the required document list. It should help you :D

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

its need to send AP? even i will not leave this state or city?? when i look the fees the AOS is $1070 and EAD is $380= the total was $1,450....

Vanessa just explained that the EAD is FREE when applied for in conjunction with the I-485. I repeat: The whole thing is $1070.

No, AP is not required. EAD is not required either. Both EAD and AP are temporary permissions that are valid while your AOS is pending. Once you get your GC, you don't need these documents anymore. The GC gives you work and travel permission. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

its need to send AP? even i will not leave this state or city?? when i look the fees the AOS is $1070 and EAD is $380= the total was $1,450....

Note: AP is optional, and you don't need it to travel anywhere in the USA, it is just for travel out of the country while AOS is in process.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As Harpa said the fee for EAD (or AP) doesn't get paid if you file it at the same time as AOS. Neither AP or EAD are REQUIRED but most people apply for both because they don't have to pay for them if they file with AOS. It actually mentions it in the forms instructions.

You don't need AP to travel around the US, but if something happens at home, or you just want to visit home or another country while AOS is processing, you cannot return to the US unless you have the AP document. Once you have your greencard you don't need the AP anymore, it's just there in case you need to travel.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

one of other vj's says she called civil surgeon to transcribe her vaccine result but one other vj's did not,,she only send the medical result which is vaccine........ so wat can i follow to find civil surgeon to transcribe my vaccine or send my medical result of vaccine?????? guyssssss wat's the best... my friend in VJ in that have civil surgeon she recieved her GREENCARD and EAD almost 2 months only.... i dont want to RFE again.... since it happen before when my fiance sent the petition...... did all VJ'S here call civil surgeon???

We visited a Civil Surgeon to get vaccination records translated to the I-693. Doan arrived to the US she only had the minimum amount of vaccinations required. Therefore she had to complete all the other vaccinations here and have that section of the I-693 completed.

I have read that some folks who had all their vacciantions complete just sent the completed DS-3025 and did not submit an I-693, however I have also read of RFE's. If I remember correctly we only had to pay the Civil Surgeon $35 to have the I-693 completed (no medical exam - just vaccination records).

Doan did not file for EAD or AP - there was no rush to work or travel. Our AOS process was about 2.5 months from the time we mailed it in till she received her GC. Seems like that is really quick compared to what I have been reading from others.

Good Luck to you!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

one of other vj's says she called civil surgeon to transcribe her vaccine result but one other vj's did not,,she only send the medical result which is vaccine........ so wat can i follow to find civil surgeon to transcribe my vaccine or send my medical result of vaccine?????? guyssssss wat's the best... my friend in VJ in that have civil surgeon she recieved her GREENCARD and EAD almost 2 months only.... i dont want to RFE again.... since it happen before when my fiance sent the petition...... did all VJ'S here call civil surgeon???

Your medical results should have been collected by the immigration officer when you entered the US and forwarded to USCIS, along with your other documents. Unless you got an extra copy from the panel physician at St. Luke's, you shouldn't have the medical results. USCIS should have them.

USCIS has not been consistent about the I-693, so take any advice with a grain of salt. Most people just get the vaccination record transcribed to the I-693 by a civil surgeon. That doesn't guarantee you won't get an RFE - USCIS sometimes manages to lose your medical results, and then send an RFE for an I-693 that includes a full medical. However, just getting the vaccinations transcribed works for most people.

You don't need to send your x-rays to anyone ever. They're yours to keep. If, for some reason, they decide you need to be screened for TB then they'll give you a TB skin test. If you fail the skin test then they'll order new x-rays.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.