J / A

I-129F filed, rejection notice given two weeks later. Decided to scrap USA plans for now and live in UK next few years instead

24 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

they wont cash the check... $$$ are stronger in the UK

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sorry, a bit of miswording there. I sent it to the Dallas USCIS Lockbox. Also, my check came along with the packet which was returned to me and it wasn't cashed (thankfully).

Looking at the "I-797C, Notice of Action now" Here is a bit of info from it..

Notice Type: "Rejection Notice:

USCIS Alien Number: [blank]

Recepit Number: Receipt number given

And on the bottom of the page there is a TRN # as well as BIN #.

Am I to assume all is okay here and just leave it until we decide to move back to the States in a couple years?

Thank you! We are both quite chuffed about this. England is an incredible place to live. Just love the whole vibe of the country.. the people, the pubs, the history, the sights, and of course easy cost efficient links to visit other countries. Sorry your husband didn't feel the same as I! Perhaps he will change his mind down the road :)

Looks like you can move ahead with your plans....good luck

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Filed: Timeline

There is a town somewhere in Australia called F_ck. :yes:

Hell, Michigan

Titisee, Germany

Bitche, France

I could keep going... :D

K-1 Visa Timeline:

04/03/2008 - Met by chance while vacationing in Costa Rica. Travel 3 weeks together. We kiss on final night together

06/05/2008 - I visit her in Germany, travel and stay together for 5 weeks. We hit it off big time

11/27/2008 - She moves in with me while I live and work in England on 2 year working VISA

08/03/2010 - 2 year working VISA expires, I move back to the States, sadly leave her behind in England

11/16/2010 - Fly her out to Paris and propose to her in front of Eiffel Tower. She says yes :)

01/03/2011 - I-129F, K-1 Packet sent to Dallas lockbox via USPS registered mail

01/07/2011 - Delivered, January 07, 2011, 6:38 am, DALLAS, TX

01/18/2011 - Packet rejected (incomplete, missing info)

01/19/2011 - Scrap USA plans, decide to live in UK few more years

01/28/2011 - Biometrics Complete & UK Visitor Marriage Visa Fed Ex'd next day delivery w/Priority Service

To come:

03/26/2011 - Our marriage in London

- EEA Family Permit (6 months right to live and work in UK)

- EEA2 Visa (5 years right to live in UK)

??/??/201? - Move back to America to raise family once kids come into the picture

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
There is a town somewhere in Australia called F_ck. :yes:

No there isn't. There's a place in AUSTRIA (different country) called "F*cking" http://boingboing.net/2007/01/17/a-town-called-fuckin.html

Here's a forum with some funny names: http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/archive/index.php/t-24515.html

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No there isn't. There's a place in AUSTRIA (different country) called "F*cking" http://boingboing.net/2007/01/17/a-town-called-fuckin.html

Here's a forum with some funny names: http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/archive/index.php/t-24515.html

I got the name wrong and I thought it was somewhere in the continent of Australia. Thanks for the correction. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I got the name wrong and I thought it was somewhere in the continent of Australia. Thanks for the correction. :)

I had to google to double-check so don't feel bad :P I just really thought if that place existed I was sure I should have heard about it and was prepared to feel bad I didn't know something so funny about Aus :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.