lovinmymexican

NEED HELP

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HELLO THERE MY NAME IS KIM AND MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY IN MEXICO, I AM APPLYING FOR A VISA TO BRING HIM HOME BUT AFTER READING THESE FORUMS I AM NOT SURE THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

THE THING IS HE HAS BEEN IN MEXICO FOR 2 YEARS (HE WAS NOT DEPORTED), I WAS IN MEXICO FOR 6 MONTHS BUT AFTER FINDING OUT MY MOM HAS CANCER AND MANY OTHER MEDICAL PROBLEMS I HAD TO COME BACK HOME. I WANT TO GO BACK OVER BUT MY MOM IS NOT DOIN SO GOOD. SO I AM TRYIN TO BRING HIM HOME TO ME AND MY KIDS, ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT HAVE KIDS TOGEATHER WE HAVE BEEN TOGEATHER FOR 8 YEARS. I WAS TOLD THAT I CAN SEND FOR HIM THROUGH IMMIGRATION BUT FOR AN EMERGENCY REASON DUE TO MY MOM AND HER CONDITION AND THE DOCTORS SAY HER TIME IS LIMITED...... DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TOGO ON THIS ALEASTA LITTLE DIRECION TOWARDS THE STEPS............ PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What you are looking for is a request to expedite your petition. You might be able to get it approved on the basis of your mothers health and that you are overwhelmed with her needs and the needs of your children ( assuming you children aren't adults )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

HELLO THERE MY NAME IS KIM AND MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY IN MEXICO, I AM APPLYING FOR A VISA TO BRING HIM HOME BUT AFTER READING THESE FORUMS I AM NOT SURE THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GO.

THE THING IS HE HAS BEEN IN MEXICO FOR 2 YEARS (HE WAS NOT DEPORTED), I WAS IN MEXICO FOR 6 MONTHS BUT AFTER FINDING OUT MY MOM HAS CANCER AND MANY OTHER MEDICAL PROBLEMS I HAD TO COME BACK HOME. I WANT TO GO BACK OVER BUT MY MOM IS NOT DOIN SO GOOD. SO I AM TRYIN TO BRING HIM HOME TO ME AND MY KIDS, ALTHOUGH WE DO NOT HAVE KIDS TOGEATHER WE HAVE BEEN TOGEATHER FOR 8 YEARS. I WAS TOLD THAT I CAN SEND FOR HIM THROUGH IMMIGRATION BUT FOR AN EMERGENCY REASON DUE TO MY MOM AND HER CONDITION AND THE DOCTORS SAY HER TIME IS LIMITED...... DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TOGO ON THIS ALEASTA LITTLE DIRECION TOWARDS THE STEPS............ PLEASE PLEASE HELP

First, turn of the CAPS LOCK, then click on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here. Study carefully. If your husband was ever in the US illegally, there will be further complications, in that the visa will be initially denied and you'll need to file a hardship waiver after denial. Your mother's condition is probably not a reason for expediting the case unless it has a direct impact on YOU. They don't care if your husband gets to see her. If they did, everybody's mother would be sick.

As you study, simply ignore any reference to a K3 visa unless it confirms the K3 is no longer available.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your mother's condition is probably not a reason for expediting the case unless it has a direct impact on YOU. They don't care if your husband gets to see her. If they did, everybody's mother would be sick.

You're wrong about that. Check out the profile for David & Kezia. If you click to see all there comments, and look at the last one on the bottom, you will see they expidited based on David's mom having cancer. They got NOA2 in 1.5 months while everyone else is waiting 5 months.

Has your husband been in the states illegally before?

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

You're wrong about that. Check out the profile for David & Kezia. If you click to see all there comments, and look at the last one on the bottom, you will see they expidited based on David's mom having cancer. They got NOA2 in 1.5 months while everyone else is waiting 5 months.

Has your husband been in the states illegally before?

-James

Improbable is not contradicted by possible.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Improbable is not contradicted by possible.

What is this, a game of words? Why would you tell someone probably not, when it is very possible? It sounds to me like she has a great chance with kids and taking care of her mother.

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

What is this, a game of words? Why would you tell someone probably not, when it is very possible? It sounds to me like she has a great chance with kids and taking care of her mother.

Because I have considerable experience in these matters and I have a different opinion. You're entitled to yours.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Pushbrk is almost never wrong, friend James. I personally wish that a lot more VJ members would heed his advice in regard to many matters.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Pushbrk is almost never wrong, friend James. I personally wish that a lot more VJ members would heed his advice in regard to many matters.

I would agree that he usually has great advise. I've seen that many times. However, here is a case where a wife with children and a mom on her death bed needs her husband. I sited a recent case where a USC brought his fiancee here on expidite because his mom was sick and wanted to see them together before she died. If they will expidite in that case, then why not for a married couple with children. If there is any chance of getting an expidite, wouldn't you suggest trying? I know I would try if I could. Not everybody would do this as he said either, since most people aren't caring for a parent who is close to death.

I wasn't trying to be rude by disagreeing. If he would have said it was possible, but hard, and told her that some people have been able to expidite for that reason, then I would have agreed with him. Instead, he only said improbably. That doesn't give her much hope and could mislead her into not even trying to see how other people were able to do it.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

I would agree that he usually has great advise. I've seen that many times. However, here is a case where a wife with children and a mom on her death bed needs her husband. I sited a recent case where a USC brought his fiancee here on expidite because his mom was sick and wanted to see them together before she died. If they will expidite in that case, then why not for a married couple with children. If there is any chance of getting an expidite, wouldn't you suggest trying? I know I would try if I could. Not everybody would do this as he said either, since most people aren't caring for a parent who is close to death.

I wasn't trying to be rude by disagreeing. If he would have said it was possible, but hard, and told her that some people have been able to expidite for that reason, then I would have agreed with him. Instead, he only said improbably. That doesn't give her much hope and could mislead her into not even trying to see how other people were able to do it.

-James

You might be right about the end result but your assessment is not in conflict with what I wrote. Read the sentence you're disagreeing with and pay close attention to the part that comes after the word "unless". I like to think folks can understand the meaning of complete sentences. Those who can't, probably aren't qualified to manage their own visa process. Just saying.

Also, sometimes (often actually) expedites are granted for reasons other than the primary emotionally expressed reasons for requesting them. What the mother "wanted" in the case you mentioned may not have been considered at all by whomever granted the expedite. They tend to strip out the emotion and focus on the facts.

If you want a reference for the concept, Google, "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc" and have a read.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

You might be right about the end result but your assessment is not in conflict with what I wrote. Read the sentence you're disagreeing with and pay close attention to the part that comes after the word "unless". I like to think folks can understand the meaning of complete sentences. Those who can't, probably aren't qualified to manage their own visa process. Just saying.

Also, sometimes (often actually) expedites are granted for reasons other than the primary emotionally expressed reasons for requesting them. What the mother "wanted" in the case you mentioned may not have been considered at all by whomever granted the expedite. They tend to strip out the emotion and focus on the facts.

If you want a reference for the concept, Google, "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc" and have a read.

Ok. I concede. I shouldn't have said you were wrong.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

Ok. I concede. I shouldn't have said you were wrong.

-James

Don't know about you but I've found that "coincidental correlation" is the most common logical fallacy engaged in by humans (because it's so convenient) and that over-reaction is one of the most common of traits, even in humans as advanced as yours truly. good.gif I'm better at avoiding the former than that latter.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Don't know about you but I've found that "coincidental correlation" is the most common logical fallacy engaged in by humans (because it's so convenient) and that over-reaction is one of the most common of traits, even in humans as advanced as yours truly. good.gif I'm better at avoiding the former than that latter.

huh? :huh:

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.