m.h.

CROATIA

870 posts in this topic

They do have international birth certificates available in the local municipalities - (opcina) so he doesn't have to translate that. For diploma translation, have him look up local court certified interpreters/translators. No need to get the diploma apostilled (no matter what they try to tell you).

In the 4+ yrs I have been here, never had any issues either with birth certificate or diploma.

The international birth certificate is available, that's true, but in that certificate they don't put all info they have in a regular birth certificate. Any change you made in your life should be written in the original birth certificate. The international birth certificate is just a short version of the original.

Maybe in some states they accept the international birth certificate, but in MA, where we are living, they asked for the translated original birth certificate. I have both, but nobody ever asked me for the international, simply because in that certificate you can't find anything except basic information which sometimes for somebody isn't enough.

For diploma translation, he has to go to the court certified interpreter/translator in the place where he lives. The best is also to check with the court about the form of the translation for the US, because it's not the same for all countries.

I double checked everything before I came here to avoid possible misunderstanding about my certificate and diplomas.

anikitten.gif
ROC Sent: 2012-12-03
Arrived: 2012-12-07
NOA: 2012-12-10
Biometrics: 2013-01-08

Approved: 2013-05-10

event.png
event.png

The international birth certificate is available, that's true, but in that certificate they don't put all info they have in a regular birth certificate. Any change you made in your life should be written in the original birth certificate. The international birth certificate is just a short version of the original.

Maybe in some states they accept the international birth certificate, but in MA, where we are living, they asked for the translated original birth certificate. I have both, but nobody ever asked me for the international, simply because in that certificate you can't find anything except basic information which sometimes for somebody isn't enough.

For diploma translation, he has to go to the court certified interpreter/translator in the place where he lives. The best is also to check with the court about the form of the translation for the US, because it's not the same for all countries.

I double checked everything before I came here to avoid possible misunderstanding about my certificate and diplomas.

Sorry, but not true - the yellow form (A) international birth certificate has all the information from my regular birth certificate (name, sex, date, time, place, parents names). the book number and year birth was recorded, including notation when I married my husband and his name.

There is no short form birth certificate in former YU countries - all that is ever needed is on the birth certificate and the international form.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Bok drustvance.

Napokon sam nasla nekog s kim mogu normalno porazgovarat i ko je sve ovo prosao. :yes:

Eto nisam ni sigurna da pisem u dobar post ali nadam se najboljem.

Prvo nam je trebalo sto godina da prikupimo papire za I-129f vizu pa smo cekali da se on zaposli itd. od toga mi je vec puna kapa a sad ono sto nas ceka. Poslali smo papire prije 5 dana u Dallas. Tu je netko pricao za Vermont nesto i da je islo preko Vermonta pa mi nije jasno kaj ima neke razlike ili kaj? Samo me zanima koje papire si ja mogu ovdje pocet skupljat i prevodit i sve to da bi to malo brze islo tj. kaj treba za ambasadu i intervju. Jel se to moze prije sve napravit pa da ne gubimo jos vremena?

Ova razdvojenost ce nas pojest zive.

Tak sam si happy kaj sam nasla ovaj site :dance:(L)

Sorry, but not true - the yellow form (A) international birth certificate has all the information from my regular birth certificate (name, sex, date, time, place, parents names). the book number and year birth was recorded, including notation when I married my husband and his name.

There is no short form birth certificate in former YU countries - all that is ever needed is on the birth certificate and the international form.

First of all you can't wright about something you're not familiar. We are coming from 2 different countries and you can't be an authority for the country from where you're not, simply because I am from Croatia and I have both birth certificates and for sure I know how they look and what the registrars write.

Our birth certificates on Croatian and international are green, not yellow. The international has:

1. Country

2. Civil Registry Office of

3. Extract from birth registration no.

4. Date and place of birth

5. Name

6. Forenames

7. Sex

8. Father

9. Mother

10. Other particulars of the registration

11. Date of issue, signature, seal

The original birth certificate on Croatian has name and forename, sex, day, month, year and hour of birth, place of birth, info about both parents (their name, forenames, day, month and year of birth, place of birth, nationality, residence and address) and who is an informant which is usually a hospital where you was born. That is on the first page.

On the second page are notes and additional records like when, where and with whom you concluded your marriage, last name upon marriage, number in the registry office and a name of the registrar. If you are divorced, on the same page is a note when your marriage was divorced and when the legal effects of marriage ended. You can also find an information if you want to changed your last name again in the one you had before.

As you can see, if you compare those 2 birth certificates, you can't deny that the original has far more information then the international and that fact is very important if you want to have all information you can get from somebody.

In my previous post I wrote that in my state, MA, they asked for the translation of my original birth certificate and for them my international birth certificate didn't mean anything.

In the future, maybe you can check things and inform yourself more before you write something like that. For sure, it's cheaper to get all documents and translations in Croatia then here.

I thought that we're here to help each other, not to act like authorities, specially in the fields that are not so close to us.

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Bok drustvance.

Napokon sam nasla nekog s kim mogu normalno porazgovarat i ko je sve ovo prosao. :yes:

Eto nisam ni sigurna da pisem u dobar post ali nadam se najboljem.

Prvo nam je trebalo sto godina da prikupimo papire za I-129f vizu pa smo cekali da se on zaposli itd. od toga mi je vec puna kapa a sad ono sto nas ceka. Poslali smo papire prije 5 dana u Dallas. Tu je netko pricao za Vermont nesto i da je islo preko Vermonta pa mi nije jasno kaj ima neke razlike ili kaj? Samo me zanima koje papire si ja mogu ovdje pocet skupljat i prevodit i sve to da bi to malo brze islo tj. kaj treba za ambasadu i intervju. Jel se to moze prije sve napravit pa da ne gubimo jos vremena?

Ova razdvojenost ce nas pojest zive.

Tak sam si happy kaj sam nasla ovaj site :dance:(L)

Bokić Nina i dobrodošla!!! :goofy::energy::jest:

Mi smo prošli kroz ručice Vermonta. Od tad su se sigurno neke stvari promijenile pa ti nemam pojma gdje ćete vi ići. Razlike ima i nema...nekad je brži jedan centar, nekad drugi. Nema nekog pravila. Nemoj ništa raditi dok ne dobijete NOA2 jer ti papiri moraju biti friški, kao policijski i sudski izvadak.

Samo se ti pojavljuj ovdje i pitaj što god hoćeš, a u međuvremenu napravi timeline pa će biti lakše i tebi i ostalima.

Svi smo ovdje prošli svoje krize razdvojenosti i znam kako ti je. Zaokupi se nečim da ti vrijeme brže prođe i nemoj prestati živjeti svoj život u međuvremenu dok čekaš. Sve na kraju prođe i ovih dana čekanja i razdvojenosti ćete se oboje sjećati kao dana kad ste puno radili na svojoj vezi, ali na daljinu.

Držim ti fige da dugo ne čekate na odobrenje!!!

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

milimelo,

I know which international birth certificate are you talking about; I have used that one without problems up until I had to send my I485. Then I received the RFE letter asking to translate in English and certify (had to be court certified interpreter for that language) that same birth certificate. It took me a while to find one online as there were none in Texas. I found this agency online, emailed them the letter, payed $50.00 and received the certified copy in the mail a few days later.

Never needed it again after that.

It all depends who you run into.

P.S. That International Certificate is in 4 different languages and IT DOES have all the info needed, btw. Including parents information. That is what the agency use to make a certified copy out of.

Edited by Alpha1978

05/04/2009 - 10 year Green Card arrived!

11/4/2011 - N 400 Sent to Dallas Office

11/20/2011 - NOA Arrived

11/26/2012 - Biometrics Appointment

12/12/2011 - Interview Letter

01/12/2012 - Interview Completed

--/--/---- - Oath Letter

02/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

" I have had dreams, and I've had nightmares. I overcame the nightmares because of my dreams"

Timeline

Bokić Nina i dobrodošla!!! :goofy::energy::jest:

Mi smo prošli kroz ručice Vermonta. Od tad su se sigurno neke stvari promijenile pa ti nemam pojma gdje ćete vi ići. Razlike ima i nema...nekad je brži jedan centar, nekad drugi. Nema nekog pravila. Nemoj ništa raditi dok ne dobijete NOA2 jer ti papiri moraju biti friški, kao policijski i sudski izvadak.

Samo se ti pojavljuj ovdje i pitaj što god hoćeš, a u međuvremenu napravi timeline pa će biti lakše i tebi i ostalima.

Svi smo ovdje prošli svoje krize razdvojenosti i znam kako ti je. Zaokupi se nečim da ti vrijeme brže prođe i nemoj prestati živjeti svoj život u međuvremenu dok čekaš. Sve na kraju prođe i ovih dana čekanja i razdvojenosti ćete se oboje sjećati kao dana kad ste puno radili na svojoj vezi, ali na daljinu.

Držim ti fige da dugo ne čekate na odobrenje!!!

Hvala na odgovoru. Napokon netko. Timeline??? a ja sam mislila da sam to vec napravila. :bonk: .Stvarno sam debilcek kaj se tog tice. Znaci nis ne radimo prije nego dobijemo papire. Jaaaaooo ja samo to zelim cim prije. Ubijam se vec mjesecima. Nasa je veza stvarno cvrsta ali ono dode PMS pa mi treba malo paznje pa mi se plače plače i plače :crying: :crying: :crying: pa si mislim sta sam ja Bogu skrivila i tak to. Nije lako ali barem sam sretna da imam takvu vezu. Neki se ne razdvajaju jedno od drugog a ono veza...banana :P

Eto svaki dan na USCIS-u provjeravam stanje ali nis jos. Znam da je prerano ali nadam se cudu. Kolko je vama trebalo za odobrenje?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

My fiance is putting his packet 3 together.

I was not aware of this until today, but his registered address is different from his current living address. He used his current living address for everything in the I-129F, but his passport, police records, and receipt for visa payment will be to the registered address. *Should he also continue to use the current address for the remaining forms? Or edit and change them to his registered address.

Will this pose a problem? We're going through the Croatia Consulate in Zagreb.

lol...been a while since I had a question, then this popped up headbonk.gif

Thanks guys and gals.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the birth certificate and forms. If we need anything translated as such, we'll get it done in the U.S.

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Hvala na odgovoru. Napokon netko. Timeline??? a ja sam mislila da sam to vec napravila. :bonk: .Stvarno sam debilcek kaj se tog tice. Znaci nis ne radimo prije nego dobijemo papire. Jaaaaooo ja samo to zelim cim prije. Ubijam se vec mjesecima. Nasa je veza stvarno cvrsta ali ono dode PMS pa mi treba malo paznje pa mi se plače plače i plače :crying: :crying: :crying: pa si mislim sta sam ja Bogu skrivila i tak to. Nije lako ali barem sam sretna da imam takvu vezu. Neki se ne razdvajaju jedno od drugog a ono veza...banana :P

Eto svaki dan na USCIS-u provjeravam stanje ali nis jos. Znam da je prerano ali nadam se cudu. Kolko je vama trebalo za odobrenje?

Mi smo bili medju zadnjima koji su bili odobreni. Vec smo bili ocajni. U 1. mjesecu smo dobili RFE, a 2 tjedna nakon sto smo poslali odgovor, bili smo odobreni. Cekali smo 4 mjeseca, ali to nikad ne mozes znat jer je svaku godinu drukcije.

I was not aware of this until today, but his registered address is different from his current living address. He used his current living address for everything in the I-129F, but his passport, police records, and receipt for visa payment will be to the registered address. *Should he also continue to use the current address for the remaining forms? Or edit and change them to his registered address.

Thanks guys and gals.

Also, thanks for the heads up on the birth certificate and forms. If we need anything translated as such, we'll get it done in the U.S.

I would definitely contact the Consulate and check with them.

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Pozdrav svima! Malo sam vas čitala :) pa sam odlučila da vam se pridružim. Tek mi predstoji put na kojem neki od vas već jesu ili su isti završili :)( CRO državljanka, zaručnik Amerikanac)

On je vojnik, služi trenutno u BiH i produžuje službu, bez vraćanja u US. Eh sad, prema pravilima koje se nalaze na US GOV. sajtu ne može pokrenuti peticiju za K1 vizu za mene van US. Pa čekam ponedjeljak, da nazovem ambasadu i provjerim ima li drugog načina, a u međuvremenu možda netko od vas ima kakvu info:)

Galla

Edited by Galla

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Croatia
I-129F Sent : 2012-03-06
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-22
RFE 1: 2012-9-26
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-23
INTERVIEW DATE: 2012-11-26 - PASSED
VISA ISSUED: 2012-11-27
POA MIAMI-FL: 2012-12-08
WEDDING: 2013-02-16
AOS FILED 2013-03-05
BIOMETRICS: 2013-03-29

AOS SERVICE REQUEST: 2013-10-31

GC CARD: 2014-3-7

• 2 weeks later...

Pozdrav svima! Malo sam vas čitala :) pa sam odlučila da vam se pridružim. Tek mi predstoji put na kojem neki od vas već jesu ili su isti završili :)( CRO državljanka, zaručnik Amerikanac)

On je vojnik, služi trenutno u BiH i produžuje službu, bez vraćanja u US. Eh sad, prema pravilima koje se nalaze na US GOV. sajtu ne može pokrenuti peticiju za K1 vizu za mene van US. Pa čekam ponedjeljak, da nazovem ambasadu i provjerim ima li drugog načina, a u međuvremenu možda netko od vas ima kakvu info:)

Galla

Hej, dobro dosla!!! :jest::energy::goofy:

Nadam se kako si uspjela dobiti tocne informacije. Ja bih ti rado pomogla, ali kako je tvoj zarucnik vojnik, stvarno ti ne znam nista za savjetovati jer je onda vjerojatno drukciji postupak.

anikitten.gif

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Niti ja ne znam odgovor na ovo, no, Dalla, nadam se da si ga do sad dobila! :)

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Timeline

Hvala na dobrodošlici :) Došlo je do promjene situacije, ipak mu nisu produžili naredbe, pa je otišao direktno za US jučer :( Pripremili smo cijeli paket, nadam se da nisam ništa propustila. Upute na ovom forumu i vaše prijašnje konverzacije su pomogle ;) Predati će ga sutra, a onda čekanje :)

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Croatia
I-129F Sent : 2012-03-06
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-22
RFE 1: 2012-9-26
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-10-23
INTERVIEW DATE: 2012-11-26 - PASSED
VISA ISSUED: 2012-11-27
POA MIAMI-FL: 2012-12-08
WEDDING: 2013-02-16
AOS FILED 2013-03-05
BIOMETRICS: 2013-03-29

AOS SERVICE REQUEST: 2013-10-31

GC CARD: 2014-3-7

Timeline

Uf, kako ti zavidim! Mi planiramo svadbu, al papiri nece jos neko vrijeme.

Javljaj nam kako prolazi molba i sto se zbiva! Nadam se da ce biti vrlo brzo sve gotovo. Sljedecu godinu u ovo doma s njim ziher :)

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Timeline

Thanks guys and gals.

I wouldnt know the answer to your question...sorry :no: but can you pleas help me and say what document does he need for packet 3...I hear so many things and im confused now..Do i need birth certificates translated and stuff like that..what forms do you need to send him? Everything is so confusing and i just want to be prepared for whats coming

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.