6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hi there. We were just moved to the testing and interview phase for our AOS and have an interview near the end of Feb. Just had a concern about one of the requirements they were asking on the letter. The portion where it asks for letter from employer with average hours work and pay rate. Me and my co sponsor both work for Wal - Mart and the human resource lady/company itself say because of their policies they are unable to put such information on there. The only thing I can get from them is basically a letter stating the hire date. Has anyone had experience without having one when they asked for it? It would also help if someone who has had experience with the Houston, TX office could provide personal experience.

Thanks

You could alternatively provide 6 months of paystubs as proof of current employment. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Hi there. We were just moved to the testing and interview phase for our AOS and have an interview near the end of Feb. Just had a concern about one of the requirements they were asking on the letter. The portion where it asks for letter from employer with average hours work and pay rate. Me and my co sponsor both work for Wal - Mart and the human resource lady/company itself say because of their policies they are unable to put such information on there. The only thing I can get from them is basically a letter stating the hire date. Has anyone had experience without having one when they asked for it? It would also help if someone who has had experience with the Houston, TX office could provide personal experience.

Thanks

Some companies do that.Latest paystubs will help. When i needed a certificate of employment from my previous employer my HR manager don't even know how to make a certificate of employment and don't know what to write(honestly). At first she made one with no rate mentioned and i wanted it mentioned so what I did was i made my own certification of employment and have the HR manager read it and signed.. and it worked!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks

All you need them to do is on a Walmart letter head write your employment start date , full time or part time and yearly wage. Pay stubs or receipts are also good. That's all we had to do for my hubbie and they accepted that.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The reason WalMart doesn't want to give you that is because they don't want you to have anything written down the guarantees hours. That means if they give you less than the letter says that you could sue them based on the letter as PROOF that you are supposed to work more or that you have a "contract" that says you work X number of hours... so that makes sense.

What you should include then is a letter from Walmart stating you've been employed since X as a X and are still employed as of the date of the letter (USCIS needs to know you're still employed). Then you include pay stubs to prove your income.

**Edit - my husband worked for a different company and had no issues with the "hours" thing because he DID have a contract that stated minimum number of hours so having a letter stating the same thing wasn't a problem for his job. If you work somewhere that doesn't guarantee hours then they usually won't write it down in a letter.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

We got asked about this too at my interview this morning, to varify that my husband still works at the same company and if anything has changed in his employment since filling for AOS. Were above the line, of needing a co signe. His employment did change since applying he got a promotion and pay raise which he went about it himself and got a letter from his boss staying of that change and that he is currently sitll employed etc, as Vanessa said even a letter that states your still employed there and since when should be good enough as long as they know its not part of your work aggreement of set hours of work.

In my husbands case he works 30 hours a week, which is also set in his contract that his position also has a required amount of hours put in which meets his salary rate. He sets his hours around his school scheduel to meet the required hours for his position.

Good Luck hope they will be able to accept that condition of Wall Mart employment.

K1 Timeline

I-129F sent to Vermont Service Centre: 08/19/2009

NOA1 Notice Date: 09/03/2009

NOA1 Hard Copy received: 09/10/2009

NOA2 Notice Date: 11/25/2009

NVC Received : 12/01/2009

NVC Left : 12/02/2009

Consulate Received : 12/03/2009

Consulate sent packet 3: 12/09/2009

Packet 3 received by me: 12/15/2009

Packet 3 faxed to consulate: 12/16/2009

Packet 3 sent to consulate: 01/06/2010

Packet 3 received by consulate: 01/08/2010

Packet 3 logged:01/25/2010

Packet 4 Received: 02/10/2010

Medical!: 02/01/2010

Interview: 04/16/2010

POE: Aug 7th, 2010

Wedding: August 14 2010 YAY

SSN Received: September 8th, 2010

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.