Al422

Domodedovo Terror Attack: Expedite for Russia?

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear Lovejourney:

I don't make anybody anything.... so if you read through the post that's your choice. Same with his anger, He owns that emotion, not me. I don't make his anger escalate... he does. His choice. And as far as your questions? If you're going to persecute me, give me the facts as to why. You're not my guru and unless you're in my shoes, back off.

Mari

PS: Evidently, you have NOT come across his other posts or threads on the forum, so this is not just this once.

Persecute? lol!

Your problem is way more serious than Al's. Good luck and good bye :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am sorry for starting this thread and offending so many people. That was not my intention. I was angry with VSC (what else is new?) and since that anger is inversely proportional to the amount of activity at VSC and there was ZERO activity for the 5th consecutive day, that anger was totally out of control.

But I was wrong to take that anger out on this board, as it is my problem and not any of yours. Again, I am sorry.

I thought long and hard as to whether to post here any more, as there were the usual assortment of mockery posts, but when I saw the ever increasing firestorm by people I consider as good members, I simply had to try to put out the firestorm I wrongly started.

My intention, which seems to have been lost in the haze of my anger, was to dramatize the point that almost any country could make a credible claim for humanitarian expedite status, so it is arbitrary and short sighted to single one country out for that status and hang the rest of them out to dry.

Please do not tell me to not be angry any more. I know I need to not be angry, but that is about as helpful as telling a clinically depressed person, who knows he should not be depressed, to simply snap out of it and not be depressed any longer.

I do not harbor a belief that I am the only one being cheated by the government. I believe that all of us are being cheated. I do my best to encourage others here to stand up for their rights, but I can't help seeing this race to visa land as a competition. All of my life, everything was a competition and everything I have is as a result of winning that competition. So can you see why I feel driven endlessly to compete against everyone else for that elusive visa?

I will control my own anger from now on by refraining from posting my opinion anywhere on this board. I will limit myself to the facts.

And for those of you who don't know this, trying to explain to an angry person that he is wrong will solve nothing, as it will only cause him to dig in his heels and defend his position even harder than he has already done. Just ignore such a person.

Please stop the firestorm.

Al,

Apology accepted. <handshake?>

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Timeline

Mari, I *puffy heart* you.

I pray your fiance is safe.

Never in my 6 years on VJ have I seen such a group of impatient whiny petitioners. Presumably, you all developed these wonderful relationships despite the distance, yet now it's all about the 'EVIL US GUBBMIT' that is getting sh!t flown at them in every post I read here. It's ridiculous.

Slow your roll, and you will get your visa, sheesh.

Oh, to add; I can almost see the OP, hearing about this disaster and loss of life, and I imagine that split second where he realizes he can exploit the deaths of all those people for his own advantage, and it really turns my stomach.

Edited by Lisa C

Timeline

Persecute? lol!

Your problem is way more serious than Al's. Good luck and good bye :thumbs:

Really? No kidding... just now you figured that out? I have a fiance in the Green Zone that has been bombed all week...what do you have?

Best wishes, really.

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Timeline

I am sorry for starting this thread and offending so many people. That was not my intention. I was angry with VSC (what else is new?) and since that anger is inversely proportional to the amount of activity at VSC and there was ZERO activity for the 5th consecutive day, that anger was totally out of control.

But I was wrong to take that anger out on this board, as it is my problem and not any of yours. Again, I am sorry.

I thought long and hard as to whether to post here any more, as there were the usual assortment of mockery posts, but when I saw the ever increasing firestorm by people I consider as good members, I simply had to try to put out the firestorm I wrongly started.

My intention, which seems to have been lost in the haze of my anger, was to dramatize the point that almost any country could make a credible claim for humanitarian expedite status, so it is arbitrary and short sighted to single one country out for that status and hang the rest of them out to dry.

Please do not tell me to not be angry any more. I know I need to not be angry, but that is about as helpful as telling a clinically depressed person, who knows he should not be depressed, to simply snap out of it and not be depressed any longer.

I do not harbor a belief that I am the only one being cheated by the government. I believe that all of us are being cheated. I do my best to encourage others here to stand up for their rights, but I can't help seeing this race to visa land as a competition. All of my life, everything was a competition and everything I have is as a result of winning that competition. So can you see why I feel driven endlessly to compete against everyone else for that elusive visa?

I will control my own anger from now on by refraining from posting my opinion anywhere on this board. I will limit myself to the facts.

And for those of you who don't know this, trying to explain to an angry person that he is wrong will solve nothing, as it will only cause him to dig in his heels and defend his position even harder than he has already done. Just ignore such a person.

Please stop the firestorm.

I'm not trying to sound snarky, but I sincerely believe that you should see someone about your anger issues, and your competitive issues as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Really? No kidding... just now you figured that out? I have a fiance in the Green Zone that has been bombed all week...what do you have?

Best wishes, really.

You know what Mari, Good Luck !! And you don't need to know what I got. I am not here to attract attention. I'll pray for him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL :lol:

:pop:

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

Mari, my thoughts are prayers are with you and your fiance that he stays safe. Take care.

Best wishes, really.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Timeline

This is a very difficult situation for all of us. We have been waiting for nine months now, and it will still be a few more months until we can be together "God willing"...........granted we did finally get our NOA2, but we waited for a long time for it and we still have to get through the rest of the process, so we are far from being done.

We are all at different steps, some of us breezing through for whatever reason, while others are waiting for what seems like "forever", running into all sorts of problems... I know there are many that had it easier than us, and many that are having a much more difficult time than us. But nevertheless, we are all in the same boat, trying to get the same result. We should all be trying to support each other, rather than trying to figure out who has worse than who, who has a right to be upset and who doesn't, who is trying to do what to get their loved ones here faster.....

Getting angry at each other is not going to help anything, it's only going to add even more frustration to our lives. If we read something we don't like, just ignore it. Everyone has a right to their own feelings and if we don't like a post, pass it by.....that's all.......

And the people that have already made it through the process and have their loved ones here with them should really show more compassion to the ones that are still struggling to get to that point.

That's all I have to say to this posting......good luck to everyone and may this year bring lots of approvals and happiness to everyone........;)

Mari, my thoughts are prayers are with you and your fiance that he stays safe. Take care.

Met in December 2008

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

While I would love to be with my fiancée quicker, I do not believe anything short of social anarchy caused by any number of things including natural disasters qualify for expedite. To suggest otherwise is to say that your petition is more important than all others. Everyone is at risk from terrorist attacks, and if you do not believe that then you need to review the tapes from 9/11. The type of expedite you wish for, do not wish for it because sometimes you get what you wish for, and trust me, the conditions in which an expedite of this nature can occur, you do not want.

:thumbs: very well said

USCIS Stage (147 days)

12/24/2010 - I-130 Sent

12/28/2010 - NOA1 (Receipt)

05/23/2011 - NOA2 (Approved)

NVC Stage

06-07-2011 NVC received

06-08-2011 Case # and IIN # assigned

06-09-2011 Received DS-3032/AOS bill

06-10-2011 Paid AOS Bill

06-10-2011 Returned Completed DS-3032

06-15-2011 Received I-864 Package

06-16-2011 Returned I-864 Package

06-16-2011 Received IV Bill

06-17-2011 Paid IV Bill

06-22-2011 Returned DS-230 (IV Package)

07-07-2011 Case Closed J

07-13-2011 Interview Date Assigned

US Consulate in Warsaw

08-24-2011 @ 8.45am - - > 240 days from NOA1 --> APPROVED! :-)

POE Chicago ORD --> 9.03.2011

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I have but one objective and one objective only: To get my fiance here in the minimum possible amount of time. I am sorry if you do not like my tactics, but I do not have the luxury of worrying about what other people like or don't like. I have a job to do, and I am gong to do it. Anything to cut this hideous delay by any amount of time, even by one day, is something I will do without doubt or hesitation of any kind.

If it were not for this misguided TPS business, I would have had my NOA2 in early November, and Elena and I would now be looking at dates for her airplane flight. Instead, and because of this TPS business, we are not even past the first step and completion of that step is a distant dream, with not even the slightest and remotest clue as to when it might happen. Am I not allowed to be angry? Adjudicator time that I paid for and that I need to get Elena here was forcibly taken from me in the name of charity. Why doesn't the government raid my refrigerator too and donate my food to the poor?

This is my last post on this topic. If I am not allowed to be angry and express my anger over this absolute worst governmental decision since Jimmy Carter created the thermostat police in 1979, I will do here what I do in my offline world: Pretend that everything is just fine and hide the fact that I am ready to explode.

Happy now?

I think you are ridiculous. I can't help that. You knew that timelines are very flexible before you started the process, that's a well known fact. And I don't think you are only angry, I think you are desperate. Your married future is in their hands, accept it, because this Visa shouldn't be taken for granted. You have a no, yet you can get a yes. Depends on your case. And starting this excuse of the terrorist attack where many people got killed, you want to expedite your case... how selfish and pathetic that is. We all first think of the people that have died and their families, than worrying about "oh in that case, maybe I can ask for expediting my case"... I would say, get in line in this waiting game. Don't take this process for granted. And stop using lame excuses about Haitians, people are dying over there and your fiancee isn't... DUH!!!!

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Timeline

I have but one objective and one objective only: To get my fiance here in the minimum possible amount of time. I am sorry if you do not like my tactics, but I do not have the luxury of worrying about what other people like or don't like. I have a job to do, and I am gong to do it. Anything to cut this hideous delay by any amount of time, even by one day, is something I will do without doubt or hesitation of any kind.

If it were not for this misguided TPS business, I would have had my NOA2 in early November, and Elena and I would now be looking at dates for her airplane flight. Instead, and because of this TPS business, we are not even past the first step and completion of that step is a distant dream, with not even the slightest and remotest clue as to when it might happen. Am I not allowed to be angry? Adjudicator time that I paid for and that I need to get Elena here was forcibly taken from me in the name of charity. Why doesn't the government raid my refrigerator too and donate my food to the poor?

This is my last post on this topic. If I am not allowed to be angry and express my anger over this absolute worst governmental decision since Jimmy Carter created the thermostat police in 1979, I will do here what I do in my offline world: Pretend that everything is just fine and hide the fact that I am ready to explode.

Happy now?

Seriously!!!!!! This is just an absolutely absurd post, offensive and you have made it abundantly clear about your primary objective here. Your objective, in my opinion is to selfishly try and utilize a very tragic event for your own personal gain. You state: "I have a job to do and I am going to do it". Great, then go do it and please put an end to the posts that you are making. Your posts are completely minimizing some of the "REAL" situations that people here on this VJ journey are having to experience daily, like those members whose finaces are currently located in war zones where bombings are occurring daily etc. Although the event which occurred in Russia was horrible, I must point out to you that events like these are happening around the world all the time, including here in the USA, so to make these comments and act as though your case is "special" is just plain wrong.

I understand you have concerns about your fiance, many of us here do, however, the manner in which you state your comments and how you are presenting your case is what is working against you here. Sure, any of us have the right to vent, to be angry, however you have taken it to a much different level, a level outside of the realm of concern for your fiance and into a realm of pure selfishness and inconsideration for others utilizing this site. Poor judgement in my opinion.

You state above that this may be your last post on this topic. For the sake of all of us here, for those of us trying to remain positive, trying to remain hopeful, and for those of us with fiances or spouses in "war zones," it would be appreciated if no additional comments were made. These posts have only stirred up negativity in my opinion, something the larger majority of us can do without.

event.png

Tuana and Kemal's Visa Journey

2010.07.10 We met

2010.10.28 First visit to meet in person

2010.10.31 We became engaged

2011.01.12 Second Visit with my Husband

2011.04.18 Third Visit with my Husband

2011.08.19 Married in Gaziantep Turkey, 4th Visit

2011.10.21 Visited with my Husband, 5th Visit

2011.11.22 SENT IN I-130 Application

2011.12.01 NOA1 Received

2012.02.16 Visited my Husband, 6th Visit

2012.05.08 NOA2 Received

2012.05.21 NVC Received

2012.07.02 Per NVC documents approved, waiting on interview date to be scheduled

2012.08.10 Visited my husband in Turkey, 7th Visit

2012.12.04 Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

In defense of Al, I had to wait a long time too for my NOA2, 5+ months just got it two weeks ago. Total BS, I don't understand how people can eat ####### and than start feeding it to others (maybe they've been eating it for too long?). If there was a way for everyone here who posted to expedite I bet more than half of you wouldn't even blink an eye and step on whoever you had to in order to get the expidite. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and if someone is telling you not to do it, more than likely they've got something vested in it (like they can't do it but you can). I say go for it, worst they will say is no. Do what you gotta do, don't listen to the internet heroes.

Pozdrawiam

Consulate: WARSZAWA, POLSKA

CSC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You made me actually read each and every post in this thread and lemme tell you this. You have blown it out of proportion, so much so that you have made an angry guy even more angry and you have done a great of job of adding some guilt to his already angry heart.

Superb. You should counsel battered women.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.