KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Where did you see that??? I can't wait to read about it!!!

On her profile...she said they said approved pending the I864...guess they aren't taking the other one for K1s now...interesting i thought.

Monica

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On her profile...she said they said approved pending the I864...guess they aren't taking the other one for K1s now...interesting i thought.

Monica

Wow, and here last I saw Casablanca was not accepting EITHER financial sponsorship form for K-1's. I wish they would publish these changes in procedure!

Yay for a Casa approval! I was beginning to forget what those looked like. :dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, and here last I saw Casablanca was not accepting EITHER financial sponsorship form for K-1's. I wish they would publish these changes in procedure!

Yay for a Casa approval! I was beginning to forget what those looked like. :dance:

It's not that they don't accept them, it's that they don't specifically request them in the list of forms needed for Packet 3. At interview, they can ask for ALL KINDS of financial documents to prove the intended immigrant does not become a burden on the State.

I'm so happy for Linda and Brahim! They're such an ADORABLE couple and we wish them continued happiness and blessings in America! ^_^

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Actually, sister, they try to do this...that is why they post that information on their website. But how many women truly listen? So many women just say - oh, no, not my man - "He loves me - loves my fat - loves my kids - doesn't mind that I've been married and around the block a few times - loves that I'm a Christian but I'll convert for him - loves that I'm independent" blah, blah, blah. Girl, please - they've seen it all...but what they've seen, too, is that many men are sooooo fvcking desperate to get the hell out of Morocco that they'll do whatever it takes to blow that popsicle stand. That they'll ride that rollercoaster so they can have a better life.

I don't know what is up with Casa because yes they seem to be denying in inordinate amount of cases lately, but somehow I believe that means they've been seeing some serious, serious fraud situations as well. Things do go hand in hand. I have a feeling that if they could tell some of these women to their face that they're blind as a bat, they would. But obviously, and it has happened before in MENA interviews, that when a consular officer told some women about their husband's/fiance's lies such as concurrent marriages, undeclared children, multiple visa filings, these women didn't do anything and just continued with the relationship. Desperation at its finest!!!

There are many people who have come through Casa and other MENA countries and they are happily married (and I say happily with a grain of salt because immigration marriages are tough) but for the most part things are moving along well. But, there are also quite a few who have had the greencard monster rear his ugly head. Just sayin'. :thumbs:

I'm going to say something unpopular so try not to flame me.

More than half the MENA-American couples I spot here on VJ -- I have a hard time buying that theirs is a true and genuine, loving relationship. I can't, in good conscience, say that I believe it. I'd like to but I don't. Call me cynical. Most of them smell of fraud and exhibit the 'classic signs.' If I, as a neutral, third-party observer, can't buy it then how do you expect a CO, sitting at the highest fraud consulate in the world, to buy it? Really, come on, now.

I come from a 3rd world country, believe me, I have seen desperation and poverty and the lengths people would go to, to escape it.

I have to agree with Stasshi here. The Casa consulate has a difficult job. Their job is to protect America - it's borders and it's citizens.

Whether you, the USC petitioner feel like you need 'protecting' or not -- seriously, some of the women on here do seem to be blind as bats. Flying half-way across the world to marry someone who popped the question after talking online for two months is not 'spontaneous' and 'romantic' but just plain dumb. There. I said it. "He loves me even though I'm old as his mother and ugly as sin. This is what true love is. He is humiliated by his friends and peers but he takes it like a man. He is -- my man." I don't know whether to laugh or cry. People would sell their mothers for a greencard. And you think a few months of tasteless jokes is a tough price to pay for a GC?

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

More than half the MENA-American couples I spot here on VJ -- I have a hard time buying that theirs is a true and genuine, loving relationship. I can't, in good conscience, say that I believe it. I'd like to but I don't. Call me cynical. Most of them smell of fraud and exhibit the 'classic signs.' If I, as a neutral, third-party observer, can't buy it then how do you expect a CO, sitting at the highest fraud consulate in the world, to buy it? Really, come on, now.

I come from a 3rd world country, believe me, I have seen desperation and poverty and the lengths people would go to, to escape it.

I have to agree with Stasshi here. The Casa consulate has a difficult job. Their job is to protect America - it's borders and it's citizens.

Whether you, the USC petitioner feel like you need 'protecting' or not -- seriously, some of the women on here do seem to be blind as bats. Flying half-way across the world to marry someone who popped the question after talking online for two months is not 'spontaneous' and 'romantic' but just plain dumb. There. I said it. "He loves me even though I'm old as his mother and ugly as sin. This is what true love is. He is humiliated by his friends and peers but he takes it like a man. He is -- my man." I don't know whether to laugh or cry. People would sell their mothers for a greencard. And you think a few months of tasteless jokes is a tough price to pay for a GC?

I hear you and agree...mostly :) I have also experienced first hand what these Moroccan men are willing to do to get a green card...they are smooth and VERY convincing...and I have seen cases as well that I wondered...then there are others that look like they just "click". I don't have ill feelings towards the COs for denying us...I know they have a CRAZY hard job...one that I would NEVER want to do. And I've also heard that a HUGE percentage of ppl denied K1s don't refile K1 or CR1...its crazy hard to get through the denial process, and is something that someone who wants a green card, usually won't waste their time on, cuz they usually have another on the line to fall back on. Believe me...after my past experience I still had a bit of doubt too until I lived with him and his family for 3 mths, and how his parents are together & all of his siblings with their spouses. But I know there are still many out there searching for the green ticket. And I feel so sorry for the ones that get caught unknowingly in their trap. Its hard to step back from your relationship and look at it with an outsiders point of view. That's why I'm glad I have great friends that aren't afraid to tell me exactly what they think...lol If it was me...i rather someone tell me now, then finding out when he steps off the plane & runs, or even worse...waits till he gets citizenship & runs. Ok...I'm babbling and I don't really know why...lol I hope everyone has found "the one" that truely loves them. And I wish everyone the bestof luck in their tedious visa journeys. And thank u sachinky for your upfront view on things...I for one appreciate an outsiders point of view...even if i may not want to hear what they have to say sometimes :whistle:

Monica :)

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

You don't have to do either, after all is none of your business and I really don't think is ypur place to judge other's people relationships.

Just because you met your husband "the conventional way" it doesn't mean that the "others ways" are fraud, you made it sound like yours is the only genuine relationship around these boards.

Just look at the title of this tread,maybe you'd realise these people are looking for support not someone like you bashing and making unecessary comments.

maher

Removing Conditions

12/30/2009: I-751 sent

12/31 2009 receieved at Vermont Center.

1/05/2010 check cashed

1/04/2010 NOA1

1/15/2010 Biometrics appoint. ( Feb. 3th)

4/12/2010 Aproved! Card production ordered!

4/20/2010 Card received

Finally over!!! no more uscis until naturalization.

Thank you LORD!!!!!!!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You are not wrong. Sooo many women who date/marry MENA men get used and treated like #######. I think the reason why people get so frustrated about the methods of the Casa consulate is because too often, they seem to have their mind made up through preconceptions before the beneficiary ever walks through the door- and then they don't allow the beneficiary's evidence to be presented at interview to counteract the CO's preconceptions. And as many people who have had experience with this consulate will tell you, they can be quite shady about how they handle people's cases.

No one who's stepped foot into a MENA country is going to deny the kind of fraud that goes on there. If they do, they're naive and foolish. But people should be given an opportunity to properly present THEMSELVES, as opposed to being lumped into a negative stereotype (i.e. slimy, manipulative Moroccan men who'd sell their mother for a green card). If everyone is presumed a liar upon entry to the consulate, and the CO's are being too lazy to actually look at evidence- that's unfair.

That's why people get frustrated about Casablanca.

We're not all fat and old and ugly as sin, btw.. and not all of us are with men 1/2 our age.. lol

Sarah

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

fraud. age differences. these are not exclusive to mena. so can we get back on topic rather than beat the horse to death (like it has hundreds of times before) about age differences and so on?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

You are not wrong. Sooo many women who date/marry MENA men get used and treated like #######. I think the reason why people get so frustrated about the methods of the Casa consulate is because too often, they seem to have their mind made up through preconceptions before the beneficiary ever walks through the door- and then they don't allow the beneficiary's evidence to be presented at interview to counteract the CO's preconceptions. And as many people who have had experience with this consulate will tell you, they can be quite shady about how they handle people's cases.

No one who's stepped foot into a MENA country is going to deny the kind of fraud that goes on there. If they do, they're naive and foolish. But people should be given an opportunity to properly present THEMSELVES, as opposed to being lumped into a negative stereotype (i.e. slimy, manipulative Moroccan men who'd sell their mother for a green card). If everyone is presumed a liar upon entry to the consulate, and the CO's are being too lazy to actually look at evidence- that's unfair.

That's why people get frustrated about Casablanca.

We're not all fat and old and ugly as sin, btw.. and not all of us are with men 1/2 our age.. lol

Sarah

Very true...they don't give a reason...they get up your hope (bring your passport to 2nd interview) and then dash it (flat out denial). Really makes me wonder what they base their decisions on sometimes. Because I am like Sarah...Hicham is 5 yrs OLDER then me, and my daughter & i spent 3 months with him and his family. Another thing I'm wondering...some ppl say they tell the embassy they (the USC) paid their own way & others have their fiance or family pay their way. I can see both of these 2 ways...cuz it can be viewed if the USC pays then the fiance doesn't have the money so is desperate to get out of where they are, but also if the fiance pays it could be seen as they are "paying you off" to marry them. So what do u do?? LOL

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

fraud. age differences. these are not exclusive to mena. so can we get back on topic rather than beat the horse to death (like it has hundreds of times before) about age differences and so on?

Age difference is an issue in MENA??? ;):bonk::rofl:

:ot2: I WANNA HEAR MORE ABOUT THE APPROVAL!!! Pretty Please :yes:

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

When you say "on here" are you referring to this thread specifically? I don't know everyone who's going thru Casa at this point, but just thinking about it briefly, I can't think of anyone who has posted in this thread who fits in the categories you've described. No large age gaps that I can think of, no marriages on the first trips to Morocco. As far as your "ugly as sin" comment, well, the Rumi saying "The only beauty that remains is the beauty of the heart" comes to mind when I read your words. And, before you go for the obvious - no, there's no large age, religious, or physical differences between myself and my spouse. Just think in a thread where people are here specifically for support and under stress, you could have chosen your words and tone better.

And, out of curiousity, where do you get the data that Casablanca is largest fraud consulate in the world?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I wasn't 'judging' or 'bashing.' Neither am I wishing any one ill-will. I don't see where I said 'my way was the best/right way' or that 'only my relationship is genuine' so I'm not sure where you got that from. I am a big advocate of the 'whatever floats your boat, man' philosophy.

Being apart is one of the hardest things about this proccess and I remember it vividly and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I'm just giving my opinion as a neutral, third party observer who is not emotionally invested in what's going on in Casa. I know that people are looking for 'support' but often support groups will only tell each other what they WANT to hear instead of what they NEED to hear or SHOULD hear. Raging or rating against the CO's is of no use. They are simply doing their job which is confounded by vulnerable women who go refuse to listen to reason or watch out for the warning signs. Unfortunately or not, they do go by 'conventional,' or 'real world' standards. They look at a relationship and say 'does this make sense?' If it doesn't make sense to me, who is simply a uninterested party in the situation, how do you expect them to buy it, especially given the context and country. I see a 60 year old, sagging, toothless, rich guy with a hot, nubile 19 year old. My LOGIC says, she's after his money. Now, could she possibly be madly and deeply in love with him? Sure. Not impossible. But improbable. Like I said, it's simply 'my opinion' -- 'take it or leave it.'

Most people are way too emotional about this process and I'll admit it's hard to be objective. However, you need to be methodical and rational about it and pinpoint your red-flags so that you're prepared to confront them head-on instead of brushing them under the rug, burying your head in the sand and putting up a giant banner that reads 'NOT MY MAN.'

It's unfortunate that the situation has deteriorated and a 'few apples have spoilt the whole bunch,' so to speak.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

I wasn't 'judging' or 'bashing.' Neither am I wishing any one ill-will. I don't see where I said 'my way was the best/right way' or that 'only my relationship is genuine' so I'm not sure where you got that from. I am a big advocate of the 'whatever floats your boat, man' philosophy.

Being apart is one of the hardest things about this proccess and I remember it vividly and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

I'm just giving my opinion as a neutral, third party observer who is not emotionally invested in what's going on in Casa. I know that people are looking for 'support' but often support groups will only tell each other what they WANT to hear instead of what they NEED to hear or SHOULD hear. Raging or rating against the CO's is of no use. They are simply doing their job which is confounded by vulnerable women who go refuse to listen to reason or watch out for the warning signs. Unfortunately or not, they do go by 'conventional,' or 'real world' standards. They look at a relationship and say 'does this make sense?' If it doesn't make sense to me, who is simply a uninterested party in the situation, how do you expect them to buy it, especially given the context and country. I see a 60 year old, sagging, toothless, rich guy with a hot, nubile 19 year old. My LOGIC says, she's after his money. Now, could she possibly be madly and deeply in love with him? Sure. Not impossible. But improbable. Like I said, it's simply 'my opinion' -- 'take it or leave it.'

Most people are way too emotional about this process and I'll admit it's hard to be objective. However, you need to be methodical and rational about it and pinpoint your red-flags so that you're prepared to confront them head-on instead of brushing them under the rug, burying your head in the sand and putting up a giant banner that reads 'NOT MY MAN.'

It's unfortunate that the situation has deteriorated and a 'few apples have spoilt the whole bunch,' so to speak.

I think u're right about ppl being too sensative sometimes...when we were denied i wanted HONEST opinions on what ppl thought...that's why i made a DETAILED list of the questions....i WANT to know what others may think, cuz that will help us, NOT hurt us. Tell me flat out please...don't hold back :) lol But it is hard to hear that the person u love may not be there person you thought by someone who doesn't really know u. So i can really see both sides. But if u r sure about your relationship then it shouldn't be a problem to get some HONEST and OPEN advice from an unrelated point of view.

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.