KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I've read suggestions about a thread like this getting started.. Usually threads I start die horrible deaths, I hope that's not the case with this one, because those of us going through the consulate at Casablanca need support from each other, and to hear some positive stories. I'm hoping we get some GOOD news in this thread.

We're waiting right now for Casa to send us a packet 3. They've had our file since the 31 May. I called them last week and was told they haven't scheduled an interview for him yet.

I know there are a few interviews coming up in the next two weeks for VJ people at Casa. We're praying for everyone who goes through Casa that things go well and the tide turns there.. Please let us all know what's going on so we can compare notes..

Thanks ^_^

Sarah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We just sent out our I-130...we were denied K-1 in January. I am all for supporting this thread. Good luck to everyone!!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sarah, I am so happy that you started this thread! Thank you! My fiancee and I have yet to file as well, somehow it just keeps getting pushed back. But lately news out of Casa has me completely worried. My fingers are crossed for those going through Casa right now. Sarah, do you have a return date to the US? Or are you staying until you hear any news?

Timeline

Sarah, I am so happy that you started this thread! Thank you! My fiancee and I have yet to file as well, somehow it just keeps getting pushed back. But lately news out of Casa has me completely worried. My fingers are crossed for those going through Casa right now. Sarah, do you have a return date to the US? Or are you staying until you hear any news?

Unfortunately, my daughter I will be forced to leave Morocco on August 11, with or without my fiance, do to the fact that I can only stay in Morocco for six months out of the year without residency (which is damn near impossible to get without being married). I'm really hoping that they at least interview him before I have to leave, so we have some kind of clue what's going on. If they deny him, I will be forced to wait until January 2011 to return to Morocco to marry him, and then we'll file DCF (since I've already proven I can handle living here, and I don't want to separate our family). I decided to do a K1 because having a child out of wedlock could make marrying here difficult, but looking back in hindsight, I wish I had chosen the DCF route instead :wacko:

Sarah

We just sent out our I-130...we were denied K-1 in January. I am all for supporting this thread. Good luck to everyone!!

I agree; I'm in. My husband interviewed a couple of months ago and we're still waiting. There was some movement recently, and we're hoping to hear good news by the end of the month.

I did call the immigration caseworker out of Ohio whose information was posted on another thread. She said that while they aren't really doing a formal inquiry at this point, they are questioning why there are so many denials out of Casa.

Timeline

I agree; I'm in. My husband interviewed a couple of months ago and we're still waiting. There was some movement recently, and we're hoping to hear good news by the end of the month.

I did call the immigration caseworker out of Ohio whose information was posted on another thread. She said that while they aren't really doing a formal inquiry at this point, they are questioning why there are so many denials out of Casa.

I am hoping just not to be denied again...once I apply for the cr-1, since my k-1 denial in January. Does anyone know if the odds are better for proving real relationship if you can stick together after a k-1 denial and go through the Moroccan marriage process plus with 2 more visits since last interview? I don't know why I am so nervous, but I so much want him here with me instead of living permanently there.

I am hoping just not to be denied again...once I apply for the cr-1, since my k-1 denial in January. Does anyone know if the odds are better for proving real relationship if you can stick together after a k-1 denial and go through the Moroccan marriage process plus with 2 more visits since last interview? I don't know why I am so nervous, but I so much want him here with me instead of living permanently there.

I don't know any statistics. What I've seen people say, and what makes sense, is that you have to address the reasons for the original denial. I don't think applying again and sticking it out in between in and of itself will convince the Casa consulate of anything.

Timeline

I don't know any statistics. What I've seen people say, and what makes sense, is that you have to address the reasons for the original denial. I don't think applying again and sticking it out in between in and of itself will convince the Casa consulate of anything.

I guess I knew that. Will frontload everything they wouldn't look at before....and more. :bonk:

So I've read suggestions about a thread like this getting started.. Usually threads I start die horrible deaths, I hope that's not the case with this one, because those of us going through the consulate at Casablanca need support from each other, and to hear some positive stories. I'm hoping we get some GOOD news in this thread.

We're waiting right now for Casa to send us a packet 3. They've had our file since the 31 May. I called them last week and was told they haven't scheduled an interview for him yet.

I know there are a few interviews coming up in the next two weeks for VJ people at Casa. We're praying for everyone who goes through Casa that things go well and the tide turns there.. Please let us all know what's going on so we can compare notes..

Thanks ^_^

Sarah

I am whole-heartedly supporting this thread! We are waiting for our packet 3 as well. NOA2 came on May 17th, but nothing since. According to the consulate they had not received our file as of last June 5th, but I know it left the NVC on June 1st. Hopefully we will see something this week and all will go smooth. It is so nerve-wracking. I am hoping we all see an upswing of approvals out of Casa B-)

Jackie

Timeline

I am whole-heartedly supporting this thread! We are waiting for our packet 3 as well. NOA2 came on May 17th, but nothing since. According to the consulate they had not received our file as of last June 5th, but I know it left the NVC on June 1st. Hopefully we will see something this week and all will go smooth. It is so nerve-wracking. I am hoping we all see an upswing of approvals out of Casa B-)

Jackie

Jackie,

I still haven't received the packet 3 here yet, but I called the Dept of State visa hotline (202-663-1225) and they told me his interview is 30 June! Maybe you should call them and get an update.. You just need the case number from NVC. Still hoping we get those damn papers this week so he can go to his medical.. :whistle: Good luck to you!

Sarah

Jackie,

I still haven't received the packet 3 here yet, but I called the Dept of State visa hotline (202-663-1225) and they told me his interview is 30 June! Maybe you should call them and get an update.. You just need the case number from NVC. Still hoping we get those damn papers this week so he can go to his medical.. :whistle: Good luck to you!

Sarah

You can email the consulate and ask if he can pick up the packet at the consulate window. Also, confirm the interview date. I've heard of instances where the DOS has one interview date and the consulate changes it. Or, you can call during their whopping one hour/day of answering the phone! Just tell/email that the DOS told you that the interview is June 30th and you need to get the packet for the doctor's appointment. Come to think of it, though, I think the packet only has the doctors' info on it. You can get that on VJ and call and make the appt, I think. Don't the doctors have all the forms they would need? Your husband can call and ask a the doctor's office. Re: doctors, I recommend Dr. Ambari. I think his prices might be more than the other doctor, but we've had experiences with both and I recommend Dr. Ambari. I've spoken with him, and think he's professional and a good doctor. fyi, for what it's worth!

You must be excited that there's some movement on your case!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can email the consulate and ask if he can pick up the packet at the consulate window. Also, confirm the interview date. I've heard of instances where the DOS has one interview date and the consulate changes it. Or, you can call during their whopping one hour/day of answering the phone! Just tell/email that the DOS told you that the interview is June 30th and you need to get the packet for the doctor's appointment. Come to think of it, though, I think the packet only has the doctors' info on it. You can get that on VJ and call and make the appt, I think. Don't the doctors have all the forms they would need? Your husband can call and ask a the doctor's office. Re: doctors, I recommend Dr. Ambari. I think his prices might be more than the other doctor, but we've had experiences with both and I recommend Dr. Ambari. I've spoken with him, and think he's professional and a good doctor. fyi, for what it's worth!

You must be excited that there's some movement on your case!

I emailed the consulate to check the status of ours and they told me Brahim had an interview that day but did not show up. He did not receive the packet in the mail and had to go pick it up at the consulate. When he got there the gentleman told him that he believed he did not get it because 3 other people did not get it in the mail and had to pick it up. Not sure what is going on with the packets but we had to reschedule the interview for over a month later.

Linda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.