KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I didn't get the chance to read all of this thread, but something I saw made me wonder - is it possible for those whose marriages have lasted to contact someone to let them know there ARE successes? I'll never forget the ###### he (we) went through when he first got here (PHL) - all the grilling, and then the lady called me into the office to tell me that she 'hoped' I wouldn't go there in two years crying about how he left me. That was in addition to telling me that I didn't have to marry him - I could send him home without getting into trouble, but if I 'had' to marry him, to wait until the last minute to have time to change my mind. How Moroccan men were notorious for finding "women like us" (older, overweight, unattractive, but with some money - yes, she really said that. I'd like to see ANYONE look good after spending two days in the airport, waiting for a flight, by the way), marrying them, getting them pregnant, beating them up, taking their money, and then running off. I'm not saying we've had the longest marriage or anything, but we're almost at 3-1/2 years, things are even better than before, and he's had his 10 year card for a while now. And with all the outside-of-the-relationship problems we're having (my ex, financial issues, things I don't want to post online, etc), most people we know are amazed that he's staying with me through it all. They all agree "he must REALLY love you". Ok - I'm impressed too - I know he loves me, but ....GEEZ .... (I'm really happy about it, though!)

Anyway, I wish all of you the best of luck. And if anyone really does know a way to let them know over there that there are successful, non-fraud marriages (since it sounds like they don't think there are) between American women and Moroccan men - please let us know! We'd love to help out.

venusfire

I imagine that you can call and tell them during their one hour phone opening everyday....or send them an e-mail. And actually....maybe if they do hear a success story every now and then....maybe it would make them feel better about granting one or two of our loved ones visas. I have to say their denial rate definietly is an indicator they haven't heard anything positive in a while. I'm just sayin...

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I 100% agree...they need to hear some good news over there...maybe we should start a topic for Moroccan success stories & then send the link to the embassy :) Any little thing might help. Our case got out of Casa so we will be right behind u with the CR1....atleast I have my rebuttle letter already written...lol

Monica :)

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welly welly well.. It looks like we've got interviews coming up this week in Casablanca for some VJ folks! Moulay Idriss and I wish Linda and Brahim and Alicia and Driss the best of luck this week.. We're praying that all goes well for everyone! :thumbs:

Sarah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope all goes well for those having interviews this week. What days are the interviews?

I believe Tuesday and Thursday, respectively.. I am SOOO praying for some good news..

Timeline

I 2nd that....GOOD LUCK to everybody!!!

Monica :)

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

nope...linda hasn't been on since early this morning :( Hoping for some good news

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Timeline

FINALLY!!! An approval from Casa!!!! :dance::dance::dance: CONGRATS Linda!!!

1/2009 Met Online

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Please come and vote in this threas: MENA Spouses Poll

I know that's totally :ot: but come on and cast your votes!! :)

Aya

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.