KittyPollitt

The hoping not to be denied at Casablanca thread

753 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I emailed the consulate to check the status of ours and they told me Brahim had an interview that day but did not show up. He did not receive the packet in the mail and had to go pick it up at the consulate. When he got there the gentleman told him that he believed he did not get it because 3 other people did not get it in the mail and had to pick it up. Not sure what is going on with the packets but we had to reschedule the interview for over a month later.

Linda

Maybe it is just the mail system there. My fiancee almost never gets my letters or cards. He has only gotten 2 or 3 out of more than 10. I have stopped sending things in the mail to him.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe it is just the mail system there. My fiancee almost never gets my letters or cards. He has only gotten 2 or 3 out of more than 10. I have stopped sending things in the mail to him.

That's what my fiance said too.. I just sent them an email today to ask about it, I guess we'll have to go pick up his packet too..

Good luck to you, Linda- we're rooting for you!

Jackie,

I still haven't received the packet 3 here yet, but I called the Dept of State visa hotline (202-663-1225) and they told me his interview is 30 June! Maybe you should call them and get an update.. You just need the case number from NVC. Still hoping we get those damn papers this week so he can go to his medical.. :whistle: Good luck to you!

Sarah

Thank you for the suggestions, I will call the Dept of State today and hope they have that information. I will also email the embassy yet again. Hopefully he can go pick up a new packet...because it is probably lost in the mail...with his cards and christmas presents and birthday present..etc...I hate the mail system there! :wacko:

Jackie

Timeline

Just an update, got this note this afternoon:

This office has received your fiancé’s case. A packet of information along with an appointment letter was sent to his address. His appointment is set for June 30, 2010 at 8:00 am. The panel physicians’ list is attached for his convenience. Mr. Handsomepants is required to provide the following:

· Birth Certificate and English translation

· Police Certificate and English translation

· Court Record and English translation

· Singlehood Certificate and English translation

· Original Marriage Certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable

· Original Divorce Certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable

· Death Certificate of previous(s) spouse and English translation if applicable

· Medical Record from one of our panel physicians, see attached list

· 2 Photos (5cmx5cm) white background

· $350 paid in cash at the consulate or at any BMCI bank.

· Form DS-230

· Form DS-156 x 2

· Form DS-156K

· DS-157

Please note that translations will be accepted from sworn translators only.

For security reasons and to minimize waiting time, visa applicants should not bring backpack or large handbags and must not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to their appointment times. Applicants must present their appointment letters in order to enter the Consulate and should bring only the necessary documents for their interview.

We do not recommend purchasing airplane tickets or making travel arrangements before a visa is issued.

Yeah, no kidding... :blink:

Regards,

Immigration Visa Unit

United States Consulate General

8 Boulevard Moulay Youssef

Casablanca, Morocco

Email Address: ivcasablanca@state.gov

Public inquiries number: 0661 99 83 64. Hours: 3-4 pm

Frequently asked questions: http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/faqs.html

Hi All,

Just want to bump the thread a little!

From the posts, it looks like Linda is the next person to have an interview - that being on June22nd. How are you doing Linda? How's everything going with the preparation for the interview, etc?

After that is Sarah on June 30th. Have you made arrangements for the doctor, etc?

Anyone else?

Timeline

Hi All,

Just want to bump the thread a little!

From the posts, it looks like Linda is the next person to have an interview - that being on June22nd. How are you doing Linda? How's everything going with the preparation for the interview, etc?

After that is Sarah on June 30th. Have you made arrangements for the doctor, etc?

Anyone else?

Thanks for bumping us :D we finally did get the packet 3 today and had fun filling all that ####### out, and I was actually able to get his procrastinating behind to the translator today.. His medical is set for the 23rd..

Oh, don't forget Vanessa1 - her interview is the day before mine!

And hey, if anyone is in town here in Casa for their SO's interview and would like someone to cafe sit and distract them during the wait outside the consulate, let me know. I get damn lonely for conversation around here and I come with an adorable 7 month old girl ^_^

Timeline

Sorry for leaving out Vanessa.

How is everything going for you as the interview gets closer?

It's seriously been difficult to deal with the typical Moroccan "I'll get around to it" attitude when trying to get him to take care of stuff that needs to be done. It's a little infuriating, especially since I can't go out and do it myself because I don't speak Arabic. Other than that, though, it's just the normal stress of preparing for Casablanca consulate, and planning for both the best and worst case scenarios. Best case- we all fly home together and he watches the baby while I work. Worst case, I fly home with the baby by myself, and try to get subsidized day care so I can go back to work and afford do go through all this ####### all over again. :wacko:

It's seriously been difficult to deal with the typical Moroccan "I'll get around to it" attitude when trying to get him to take care of stuff that needs to be done. It's a little infuriating, especially since I can't go out and do it myself because I don't speak Arabic. Other than that, though, it's just the normal stress of preparing for Casablanca consulate, and planning for both the best and worst case scenarios. Best case- we all fly home together and he watches the baby while I work. Worst case, I fly home with the baby by myself, and try to get subsidized day care so I can go back to work and afford do go through all this ####### all over again. :wacko:

Do you already have a plane ticket for yourself and a specific date for flying back?

Timeline

Do you already have a plane ticket for yourself and a specific date for flying back?

Well, I have a specific date for when I have to leave Morocco before risking deportation and a ban.. and we're working with that date (which, after Monica's experience, I am not posting anywhere, so the consulate doesn't know when I'm going and can't screw with me). I decided I'm not going to book our tickets until 3 weeks after his interview, if he doesn't get a response. I swear to God, if they deny us, they are some seriously cold hearted bastards and I'm taking it to the US press. I'm already so bitter with them after seeing so many people screwed over on VJ and in my personal life by that consulate. It's difficult to maintain a semblance of humility when preparing him for his interview.. :angry: Thank goodness for VJ, where I can vent about it :D

Timeline

Call me paranoid, but I don't think that kind of stuff is the best thing to post right along with your pictures! Who knows who reads this site, ya know? :unsure:

Point taken, adjustments made. Ranting is more important than sharing family photos with complete strangers :D

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most definately....ranting gets all the tension out so we don't let it out somewhere else :D

VJ Timeline (see "About Me" for full timeline)

1/2009 Met Online

11/2009 1st visit to Morocco (2 weeks), Officially Proposed, Engagement Party!!

12/31/2009 K1 NOA1

2/26/2010 NOA2 APPROVED!!!

3/2010 2nd trip to Morocco (3.5 months)

5/18/2010 Interview Results: told to wait for call

6/14/2010 Visa denied per Section 221(g)

9/27/2010 NOID (Notice of Intent to Deny) Received

12/1/2010 NOID Reaffirmed & Returned for visa processing (back to Casa for another interview)

2/2/2011 Rebuttle Interview: APPROVED!!!

3/18/2011 VISA IN HAND!!

4/8/2011 Arrive in US through JFK (20 mins total time)

6/9/2011 MARRIED!!!

7/2013 Divorced

Call me paranoid, but I don't think that kind of stuff is the best thing to post right along with your pictures! Who knows who reads this site, ya know? :unsure:

But if it's the consulate you're referring to, they can tell who we all are by our timelines anyway - just looking at a few key dates is enough for them to know who is who...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.