suture

ABORTIOn can cause denied of getting K1 visa

10 posts in this topic

our petition for fiancee is approve last jan 07

im here in the PHILIPPINES

i had previous induced abortion last 2 years en half..

i scan many medical exam question in ST lukes they asking about did you ever do an abortion? something like that

many of the comment said do a white lie... professional doctors are there hmm im just wondering if they can detect it through genital exams i have no clue..

is there anyone here had an experience i badly nid ur help ASAP!!!!

if i say the truth will it can affect my visa for being DENIED??

they will do psychiatric evaluation if i tell the truth that i had recent abortion what they gonna ask me if i went to that evaluation im so freaking out can u tell me of der is any experience same as mine pliss HELP ME

This is just my opinion but I do not see why or how it can be a cause of denial. I think you're okay. I remember that they did ask me that, I guess it's routine, but if you say yes they will probably just note it down. It would be unfair to make it a reason for denial.. Besides St.Lukes will pass/fail you, they can only pass on the results and ultimately the CO will make the decision right? Unless you have TB/ spots and then they will keep you there till who knows when.. Don't worry too much about it. Goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you lie about it, even for somethng legal in the United States, you could be denied for making a false statement.

I cannot see how a medicl procedure that is legal in the United States can cause a denial. Just don't lie about it.

Sorry I meant to say that St. Lukes cannot pass/fail you.. they will just note it down

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is common for US doctors to ask women how many times they have been pregnant and the outcome of each ( live birth , miscarriage, abortion ) It is simply part of your medical history and not a reason for denial.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

At the most SLMEC may make you take a psych eval as is common also for Filipinos with divorce/annulment in their past, just to be sure you're ok.

Our little guy was forced to do a psych eval because at 2 yrs old he wasn't talking. It was retarded really, the reason he wasn't talking is because he's deaf and there are no services for deaf baby in the Philippines. Anyway the Psych cost and extra 2k php and he's been in the US for over a year now.

BE HONEST about everything. If you lie during the process it can catch-up to you later and undo everything (even naturalization)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

our petition for fiancee is approve last jan 07

im here in the PHILIPPINES

i had previous induced abortion last 2 years en half..

i scan many medical exam question in ST lukes they asking about did you ever do an abortion? something like that

many of the comment said do a white lie... professional doctors are there hmm im just wondering if they can detect it through genital exams i have no clue..

is there anyone here had an experience i badly nid ur help ASAP!!!!

if i say the truth will it can affect my visa for being DENIED??

they will do psychiatric evaluation if i tell the truth that i had recent abortion what they gonna ask me if i went to that evaluation im so freaking out can u tell me of der is any experience same as mine pliss HELP ME

Do not lie, it is not a reason for denial.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I'm curious. I read in another post, that abortion is illegal in the Philippines. Will this not cause any problems?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_Philippines

Our K1-Timeline

I-129F Sent : 2013-12-16
NOA1 : 2013-12-23
NOA2 : 2014-01-24
Consulate Received : 2014-02-19
Packet 3 Received : 2014-02-24
Packet 3 Sent : 2014-02-27
Packet 4 Received : 2014-03-10
Interview Date : 2014-03-18 >>> APPROVED!

Marriage: 2014-06-13

wub.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The OP hasn't logged on to VJ in nearly 2 years. Zombie thread closed.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.