supercool

USCIS Big Fat Liars

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Guys

After calling them after my 5 month period, I put in a request. I called them up today again saying what is happening, the call was escalated to tier 2 and ended up speaking with an Immigration Officer Morales.

He said right now Vermont is processing July 10, 2010 - this is absolute BULLSHIT. I saw someone wrote on visa journey about a month ago where he was informed the same date. They are big fat liars.

I was told my case is under review, what the hell they are doing for last 5 months now. And I got an email few days ago saying I will get something within "60 days" - what should I do? Any suggestions??

Did anyone get any NOA2 lately for July filers?

My timeline is as follows:

I129F sent - 7/23/2010

NOA1 - 7/28/2010

Touched - 10/3/2010

You might get your NOA2 within this month! Our case was approved at the USCIS for 6 months.

September 2007 - We started chatting

January 11, 2008 - He visited me here in Philippines

January 18,2008 - Our engagement ceremony

July 14,2008 - his 2nd time here in Philippines

August 08,2008 - Our WEDDING

August 2008- December 15 2009 - We lived together here in Philippines.

December 15, 2009 - He went back in Colorado ( my saddest moment)

March 27, 2010 - I-130 sent

April 09, 2010 - NOA1 received

September 18, 2010 - NOA2 received ( major major happiness )

October 04, 2010 - NVC received / case number assigned

October 08, 2010 - Received AOS bill

October 11, 2010 - AOS bill paid

October 15, 2010 - AOS status "paid"

October 22, 2010 - IV- bill received

October 23, 2010 - IV bill paid

October 27, 2010 - IV bill status "paid" DS-230 packet sent

December 01 - 02, 2010 - Medical exam ( passed)

December 17, 2010 - NVC case complete! -)

February 01, 2010 - Interview ( 8:30 AM)

I don't know if this will help or not, but I heard some where that if you do not feel your case is being handled in a proper or timely manner you can contact your local congressman and see if they can help you out. I'm not 100% sure, but it's worth looking into.

12-27-2010: I-129F arrived at USCIS sent packet on 12/23

12-29-2010: Notice date on NOA1

12-31-2010: Check cleared

01-02-2011: NOA1 received via SMS & E-Mail

01-06-2011: NOA1 hardcopy received via USPS[/color]

2-17-2011:Touched

04/12/2011:NOA2!!!!!

4-18-11: Received by NVC

4-20-11: Left NVC

4-24-11: Received by the consulate in Abu Dhabi

4-27-11:Received both packet 3 & 4 via e-mail from Abu Dhabi

7-25-11:Interview date-Administrative Processing

8-3-11:Administrative Processing ended - APPROVED!!!!!! :D

8-25-11:POE-SFO

9-10-11:Married!!!

9-26-11:Sent AOS Packet

10-6-11:Received NOA1s via text and E-mail

10-9-11:NOA1 hardcopies received, along with biometrics appointment letter

10-25-11:Biometrics Appointment

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you and i have the same timeline and we are in the same boat.

I put in a service request and im just waiting for a response.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys

After calling them after my 5 month period, I put in a request. I called them up today again saying what is happening, the call was escalated to tier 2 and ended up speaking with an Immigration Officer Morales.

He said right now Vermont is processing July 10, 2010 - this is absolute BULLSHIT. I saw someone wrote on visa journey about a month ago where he was informed the same date. They are big fat liars.

I was told my case is under review, what the hell they are doing for last 5 months now. And I got an email few days ago saying I will get something within "60 days" - what should I do? Any suggestions??

Did anyone get any NOA2 lately for July filers?

My timeline is as follows:

I129F sent - 7/23/2010

NOA1 - 7/28/2010

Touched - 10/3/2010

yeah that was us in first week of december being told they are working on July 10th filers.

December 28 a friend of mine whose July 28 filer got approved and lately some late july filers and even some august & late august filers. i dont remember who but i saw a sept filer who got approved just recently too.

we are july 13th filer and got all different answers too ever since and as far as being escalated with an immigration officer we were told that "they will communicate with us on or before January 12th which mark us to 6months"

but few days ago we got an email saying to wait 30days before calling backtongue_ss.gifdead.gifprotest6wz.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

A well written reply JimVaPhuong! Also, a good reminder to all of us that patience is truly a gift and as much as we are important and want to be with our future spouse there are many other applicants who are not members of VJ.

"Good things come to those who wait"

Edited by Lise + Michael

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What they were doing for the last five months was working on other people's petitions for a wide variety of different kinds of immigration benefits, most of which were probably filed before yours.

When they say they are working on petitions from a specific date, all that means is that's the date on the last box of petitions that was pulled from the shelf. If your petition was in a box dated before that then an adjudicator probably already has your petition. Does that mean they've already looked at it? No. It just means it's in the box with the other petitions that adjudicator is currently working on. If that adjudicator happens to be loaded down with difficult petitions, or gets distracted to process RFE's sent for previously processed petitions, or gets temporarily assigned to do something more pressing then K1 visa petitions, or takes a scheduled vacation, then your petition is going to wait. When that adjudicator finally gets to working on your petition then it usually doesn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes to adjudicate it, UNLESS there's a problem. Maybe there is a problem with a background check, causing your petition to be placed in a holding bin awaiting results of the background check. Maybe they need to send an RFE for something. Any number of things could cause your petition to be set aside until everything needed to adjudicate it is available.

The point is that the petitions arrive in chronological order, and get scheduled into the system in boxed sets which are roughly in chronological order. Once that box is pulled by an adjudicator then almost anything can happen to slow down processing on your petition, and many other petitions received after yours could end up getting processed first. It never hurts to check and make sure they haven't lost your paperwork. If it goes beyond the stated processing time then you can contact your congressman or senator and see if they can get some status information for you.

Other than that, be patient. You're going to be dealing with these bureaucrats for a few more years. :blush:

Thanks for the explanation! It helps to hear a rational voice once in awhile and this goes a little farther than "just be patient!" :thumbs:

AOS Journey

09/08/2011 ~ NOA1 for AOS,EAD & AP

09/09/2011 ~ Text & email notification

09/10/2011 ~ Updated!

09/19/2011 ~ ASC Appointment Notice date for 10/17/2011 Biometrics Appointment

09/30/2011 ~ Email notification - AOS was transferred to another office

10/06/2011 ~ Received hardcopy of AOS CSC Transfer Notice.. 9:45 pm Updated!

10/07/2011 ~ Biometrics walk in SUCCESSFUL!!!

11/02/2011 ~ EAD Card/Document Production

11/07/2011 ~ EAD updated

11/08/2011 ~ EAD Post Decision Activity

11/12/2011 ~ EAD/AP card on hand!!!

02/02/2012 ~ RFE for lost medical and divorce decree, got the notice on Feb. 9, 2012

02/17/2012 ~ Submitted rfe, USCIS received it Feb. 21,2012

03/08/2012 ~ Card/Doc production, Decision

March 15,2012 ~ GC on hand! Permanent Resident since 28 February 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm of similar timeline as the original filer of this thread. Also touched on 10/03/10. Yes, I do believe the process is nerve racking especially because we long for our spouses. Patience seems tone the only solution, I guess. Having said that, how does one reach a live agent to talk to? I called customer support line listed on the NOA1 several times without finding any option to talk to alive agent. How do you file a complaint or reach a live agent to, at least, hear something about why the petition hasn't been approved? Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm of similar timeline as the original filer of this thread. Also touched on 10/03/10. Yes, I do believe the process is nerve racking especially because we long for our spouses. Patience seems tone the only solution, I guess. Having said that, how does one reach a live agent to talk to? I called customer support line listed on the NOA1 several times without finding any option to talk to alive agent. How do you file a complaint or reach a live agent to, at least, hear something about why the petition hasn't been approved? Thanks in advance.

Oh, I found the e-Request link on USCIS site.

Will wait another week before sending any e-Request.

I pray and hope to be approved this coming week along with other July filers.

Good luck everyone.

Cheers ;-)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who is one day over the 5 month mark should go the Congressional route. This is especially true if petitions dated later than yours have already been processed. While we have seen a good working theory as to why that happens, it is only a theory. You should still ask your Congress Member to find out specifically what the problem is on yours. Maybe this theory is what is holding yours up, but maybe there is some actual problem you could be fixing now. You don't want to needlessly wait a month to do that when you could be doing it now.

And don't forget that your Congress Member needs an authorization signed by you. Download it off of his or her website, sign it, and fax it back to them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Our 5 month were on Dec 28. Or NOA1 is July 28. We had RFE dated Dec 14th. We have sent them everything they wanted and they got it on Jan 3d. We also asked Congressman to help. Filled in an Autorization form, signed, sent to him. Now waiting. One week has passed after all of it. Very nervous.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our 5 month were on Dec 28. Or NOA1 is July 28. We had RFE dated Dec 14th. We have sent them everything they wanted and they got it on Jan 3d. We also asked Congressman to help. Filled in an Autorization form, signed, sent to him. Now waiting. One week has passed after all of it. Very nervous.

One week for a Congressional response is really not bad. A new Congress just convened. Give your Congress member another week or two to get results.

RFE on Dec 14 is better than most people get, since that would have been an NOA2 if the RFE problem were not there. RFE usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to process, and you need to figure on a few days lost over the holidays.

So all told, you are looking quite good right now. You should get results in one to two weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.