Captain Oates

Heaven - is it fun ?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
lol i have no idea tbone but im kind of sick of hearing our muslim brothers talk about all the virgins they will receive lol

sara

Well, maybe (as above) they misheard, and it will be 72 Virginians.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, maybe (as above) they misheard, and it will be 72 Virginians.

you know i got into a lot of trouble about this topic once when i told my brother it would serve him right if they were all catholic nuns :whistle:

sara

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

lol i have no idea tbone but im kind of sick of hearing our muslim brothers talk about all the virgins they will receive lol

sara

They must be virgins themselves. Last time I had a virgin was Saturday December 7th 1968 and it was a singularly unpleasant experience that I have not repeated or wished to.

Like riding a horse that has never beed ridden before - let somebody else do that

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

you know i got into a lot of trouble about this topic once when i told my brother it would serve him right if they were all catholic nuns :whistle:

sara

Ah, yes. Nuns: Alway a bride, never a wife. I wonder what their version of heaven is. :whistle:

Edited by Some Old Guy

Timeline

I imagine it more like a good LSD trip. Hell is a bad trip.

If the godly sold it on that basis it would make more sense. An LSD trip for eternity ? It's ironic that the religious are anti drugs..

I seriously don't want to go to heaven - I am bored stiff just thinking about it.

All those freshed faced young women beaming at me with their white teeth and brains out expressions. It's bad enough when they come down my path and knock on my door trying to sell me their mental afflictions, without being cooped up with them forever with NOTHING to do !

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

In the Southwestern US, some drugs natural plant substances do offer a religious experience.

What, like you feel as though you have just tithed your cinema money ?

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

Probably better than being stuck to the theater floor for a couple of hours eating that $10 box of Raisinets.

A pattern is staring to emerge

That heaven is a great place coz hell or cinemas are worse

It really is a negative sell and NOBODY can paint a picture of heaven that sounds even slightly attractive

It's like saying that sleeping with Sarah Palin would be better than sleeping with Barny Frank. I couldn't think of anything less desirable than the first until I think of the other.

72 Virgins ? How come they died virgins ? There has to be a catch there. Anyway, if I was a woman and lived to 97 and then died a virgin, I wouldn't want all these Afghans trying to Roger me on the first day they arrived in the penthouse suite.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

C.S. Lewis : "Joy is the serious business of Heaven."

To give a serious answer, which is probably not a good idea but I will do it anyway, anything good about earth will look like a faded, tarnished version of what heaven is. People who imagine it to be a boring place have a much different view than someone like me. If the heaven I believe in exists, it would be a mind blowing experience to our minds as they are now. It's not all about rewards but the experience. Some of it is not conceivable to me. "Forever" isn't even conceivable to me, whether on earth or in heaven, I can't understand time going on "forever" and it gives me a very weird feeling. I don't have all the answers to how I think it will be there. But it won't be boring.

The really neat thing about faith is that it allows one to believe anything at all. If heaven for some here is guns and critters to blast with them, fine, that is their 'heaven'. For me I would need someone to have political arguments with but it is hard to see how we could carry that on for eternity! And how would alpine skiing be fun without at least a little danger?

Timeline

The really neat thing about faith is that it allows one to believe anything at all. If heaven for some here is guns and critters to blast with them, fine, that is their 'heaven'. For me I would need someone to have political arguments with but it is hard to see how we could carry that on for eternity! And how would alpine skiing be fun without at least a little danger?

There sure won't be anyone to argue politics with except big g who is the only conservative in heaven. After all, he set it up for his son to be crucified in order to prove a point and allowed the world to have humans for 6 million years without a universal health system - what Liberal would do that ?

In Europe where g has been discarded for the most part, they have caring health systems where people look after each other, but in the USA which is Oh so religious, he organizes it so only people with money get looked after - he is definitely a tea party supply sider.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

It really is a negative sell and NOBODY can paint a picture of heaven that sounds even slightly attractive

Do you like peace and peace of mind? Understanding things that you never did? Purity, not just in a moral sense but in everything being in a completely pure form? Happiness? Joy? Being around someone who died so that you won't have to? If you don't like any of those things, then no, heaven is not the right choice for you.

Should it exist, I am not sure not choosing it on purpose is a good idea.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

It would be like saying "no thank you" to the finest cocaine in the world and opting for a diet mountain dew instead.

We all know that cocaine doesn't exist.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord