Captain Oates

Heaven - is it fun ?

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline

There sure won't be anyone to argue politics with except big g who is the only conservative in heaven. After all, he set it up for his son to be crucified in order to prove a point and allowed the world to have humans for 6 million years without a universal health system - what Liberal would do that ?

In Europe where g has been discarded for the most part, they have caring health systems where people look after each other, but in the USA which is Oh so religious, he organizes it so only people with money get looked after - he is definitely a tea party supply sider.

:yes::thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

In Europe where g has been discarded for the most part, they have caring health systems where people look after each other, but in the USA which is Oh so religious, he organizes it so only people with money get looked after - he is definitely a tea party supply sider.

In America, people with a ton of money get looked after and those who make very little and spend every little penny they make on new rims and iPhones get looked after too.

Edited by \

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

unless you like boring. then it will be really really boring. you cant even comprehend how much.

As long as they have Golden Girls reruns available, I'll be set.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

In America, people with a ton of money get looked after and those who make very little and spend every little penny they make on new rims and iPhones get looked after too.

I don't have a ton of money, OR an iphone, OR cool rims. :(

But I do have health insurance. And my blissful faith. :dance:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

C.S. Lewis : "Joy is the serious business of Heaven."

To give a serious answer, which is probably not a good idea but I will do it anyway, anything good about earth will look like a faded, tarnished version of what heaven is. People who imagine it to be a boring place have a much different view than someone like me. If the heaven I believe in exists, it would be a mind blowing experience to our minds as they are now. It's not all about rewards but the experience. Some of it is not conceivable to me. "Forever" isn't even conceivable to me, whether on earth or in heaven, I can't understand time going on "forever" and it gives me a very weird feeling. I don't have all the answers to how I think it will be there. But it won't be boring.

You are absolutely right!! not a good idea to give a serious answer :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Do you like peace and peace of mind? Understanding things that you never did? Purity, not just in a moral sense but in everything being in a completely pure form? Happiness? Joy? Being around someone who died so that you won't have to? If you don't like any of those things, then no, heaven is not the right choice for you.

Should it exist, I am not sure not choosing it on purpose is a good idea.

Re the bolded above: Someone died so that I didnt have to, but then the only way to meet them is to die ?

Glen Beck was selling unhybridised seeds buried in a box at the South Pole yesterday. It would grow an acre of food for frightened conservatives after the non white people become president. He was selling these buried seeds ! That makes about as much sense.

If people are going to walk around the cloud for eternity talking this kind of mumbo-jumbo then I would rather not go.

Quote:

Isn't this just the FEAR argument again ? Heavy insurance selling ?

Hasn't ANYONE got ANYTHING positive and understandable to say about what we are supposed to do there except smile and feel pure ?

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They must be virgins themselves. Last time I had a virgin was Saturday December 7th 1968 and it was a singularly unpleasant experience that I have not repeated or wished to.

Like riding a horse that has never beed ridden before - let somebody else do that

Observing the aniversary of Pearl Harbor by sacrificing a virgin. That could catch on

Timeline

Re the bolded above: Someone died so that I didnt have to, but then the only way to meet them is to die ?

Glen Beck was selling unhybridised seeds buried in a box at the South Pole yesterday. It would grow an acre of food for frightened conservatives after the non white people become president. He was selling these buried seeds ! That makes about as much sense.

If people are going to walk around the cloud for eternity talking this kind of mumbo-jumbo then I would rather not go.

Quote:

Isn't this just the FEAR argument again ? Heavy insurance selling ?

Hasn't ANYONE got ANYTHING positive and understandable to say about what we are supposed to do there except smile and feel pure ?

If you don't believe in heaven, you have nothing to fear. If you're talking like there might be one and you don't feel like going, that doesn't make sense.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I don't have a ton of money, OR an iphone, OR cool rims. :(

But I do have health insurance. And my blissful faith. :dance:

I think all American Christians should be denied health insurance so that they are forced to act like christians and bond together to help each other when they are sick

Instead they are the biggest bunch of 'I'm all right Jack ' wallahs in the world

Opposing universal health allows them to scatter bits of charity on the unfortunate that they themselves have created and feel all holy about it at the same time

If they thought that when they reach heaven, they were going to meet the people they have bankrupted and left to die , they would think twice about being so selfish and self-obsessed with their purity and godliness

Getting to heaven all self satisfied and then meeting good people you have wronged - now THERE is something to fear

It isnt just hell that the religious should fear

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

I think all American Christians should be denied health insurance so that they are forced to act like christians and bond together to help each other when they are sick

Instead they are the biggest bunch of 'I'm all right Jack ' wallahs in the world

Opposing universal health allows them to scatter bits of charity on the unfortunate that they themselves have created and feel all holy about it at the same time

If they thought that when they reach heaven, they were going to meet the people they have bankrupted and left to die , they would think twice about being so selfish and self-obsessed with their purity and godliness

Getting to heaven all self satisfied and then meeting good people you have wronged - now THERE is something to fear

It isnt just hell that the religious should fear

The real problem here is your homeland. If they hadn't been so oppressive in religious and tax matters, America would have stayed British and then we wouldn't have all these problems!