Jenn!

Women raped in mass attack in Congo

83 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We deserve the attack? Why? Because we're too busy taking care of our families? Working our butts off so we become an asset to the society? When we go home after work, is it wrong to not watch news and be updated on what's going on but instead read and sing and play with our kids? I personally try. I'm an average citizen... and trying to be a good mom, wife, and a citizen. How much is the world asking for an average American, then?

Arrogance, ignorance, a sense of invulnerability. Yes, we deserved every last bit of it.

Funny thing is, the US has a very large size military presence in Africa right now, yet we let this go on, because we are more focused on what the Chinese are doing in getting resources, than worrying about the people over there dying every day. Of course a lot of their weaponery is also bought/paid for by the US taxpayer, but I suppose that doesn't really matter either. So long as you can sit at home with your family and enjoy a nice dinner and a movie. All of this while another woman and her daughter and being brutaly raped/torn up all while the father/husband is held outside at gunpoint or even beaten to death or shot in the head.

Am I saying we should do something about it? Not necessarily. I'm just saying people need to wake the hell up and be aware and damn thankful for the life they are able to lead.

People need to stop whining about things like "expensive healthcare and social security" and just live their damn lives. As there are far worse things in life than whether or not your family can afford to buy a new car or not.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

How can you care that it happened but also feel that it was deserved?

Are you a terrorist?

If you cannot comprehend this, then perhaps P&R isn't the forum for you.

After all, if "are you a terrorist" is the best you can post, then you should seriously get out.

The best you can usually do (like another resident member) is come in and insult people, name call, etc.

Yeah, I'm calling you out here because I'm sick of little posters like you who just do drive-by insults, rather than actually trying to counter a point or add something valuble to a discussion.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Paul and Vanessa is spot on, almost. We spend a lot of time with our heads up our own a$$&$. The subject of deserving this or that... its all cause and effect. No one deserves to be raped. No one deserves to be killed in a terrorist attack. We should all be aware of what is happening in the world around us. Simple fact is, most people don't give a $#*t.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Arrogance, ignorance, a sense of invulnerability. Yes, we deserved every last bit of it.

Funny thing is, the US has a very large size military presence in Africa right now, yet we let this go on, because we are more focused on what the Chinese are doing in getting resources, than worrying about the people over there dying every day. Of course a lot of their weaponery is also bought/paid for by the US taxpayer, but I suppose that doesn't really matter either. So long as you can sit at home with your family and enjoy a nice dinner and a movie. All of this while another woman and her daughter and being brutaly raped/torn up all while the father/husband is held outside at gunpoint or even beaten to death or shot in the head.

saying we deserved 9-11 sounds like something the westboro church would say.

what large presence in africa? and what do you consider to be a large presence - a division? a corps?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

saying we deserved 9-11 sounds like something the westboro church would say.

what large presence in africa? and what do you consider to be a large presence - a division? a corps?

AFRICOM is a lot bigger than you think it is.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

"deserve" was a poor choice of word

It's a spot-on choice of a word.

Do you REALLY THINK that we can parade around the world with our military the way we do, and not expect to be attacked on our home soil? That's being naive and arrogant.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't agree on you with this one. Our great fire men did not deserve to die. Nor families deserve to mourn.

Yes some Americans are arrogant. But not all. And besides, are Americans are the only arrogant people on earth? Not to offend you, but Canadians are worse, at least for my experience. Hopefully you won't kick me out here too ;)

People need to stop whining about things like "expensive healthcare and social security" and just live their damn lives. As there are far worse things in life than whether or not your family can afford to buy a new car or not.

This one I agree. No whining is the best policy. We're so blessed here in the US that we don't really have the right to complain.

Now I will leave the Army-Africa-China talk to you guys.

IR-5 Petition for Mother:

12-31-10 - Sent Form I-130

01-04-11 - NOA 1

01-10-11 - Check cashed

05-09-11 - NOA 2

----------

05-18-11 - Case Number, IIN, E-mailed DS-3032

05-19-11 - Paid AOS Fee $88.00

05-23-11 - AOS shows "PAID"

05-24-11 - Paid IV Fee $404.00

05-26-11 - IV Fee shows "PAID"

05-28-11 - Mailed I-864

06-13-11 - I-864 accepted

06-20-11 - Mailed DS-230

07-07-11 - SIF and Case Complete

07-19-11 - Passed the two-day medical

09-06-11 - Visa Approved

09-08-11 - Visa On-Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

AFRICOM is a lot bigger than you think it is.

Size: 3,600+ location: Headquarters: Kelley Barracks, in Stuttgart, Germany

so again, what presence do we have in africa and how many troops do we have there?

and btw, 3600 is about a brigade ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Size: 3,600+ location: Headquarters: Kelley Barracks, in Stuttgart, Germany

so again, what presence do we have in africa and how many troops do we have there?

and btw, 3600 is about a brigade ;)

Wiki is not your friend. :no:

numbers are closer to around 10,000 at this point in time and growing.

The next big war we have won't be in China like many think, it will be in Africa... though, the Chinese will play a big part and we will be against them and the militant groups in Africa.

The resource that are there are abundant and we'll be damned if we're going to allow the Chinese to have them.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you cannot comprehend this, then perhaps P&R isn't the forum for you.

After all, if "are you a terrorist" is the best you can post, then you should seriously get out.

The best you can usually do (like another resident member) is come in and insult people, name call, etc.

Yeah, I'm calling you out here because I'm sick of little posters like you who just do drive-by insults, rather than actually trying to counter a point or add something valuble to a discussion.

I don't think you're a terrorist, but an opinion like the one you presented isn't exactly thought through.

Terrorism is never justifiable in the sense that someone can say it's "deserved". Understanding the motivations behind terrorism is one thing, but saying that it is "deserved" is a step away from endorsing the actions of terrorists.

I don't think office workers in their way to work deserved to be incinerated and crushed to death. Why do you?

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's a spot-on choice of a word.

Do you REALLY THINK that we can parade around the world with our military the way we do, and not expect to be attacked on our home soil? That's being naive and arrogant.

It's "spot on" because you are egotistical and can't admit that you are wrong.

If someone blew up your wife and cited political reasons for the act, would that be deserved.

If you're serious about your opinion, you'll say yes. I wonder... will you?

Does your wife and family deserve to be murdered for the actions of the government?

I 'cared' that it happened here, BUT at the same time felt the average American was so ignorant of what's going on in the world around them... I told everyone I felt we deserved the attack to wake us the hell up to what was going on out there... Granted it didn't wake us up at all and just turned people into little war mongers who want to kill everything in the middle east.

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm ignorant. I'm the dumbest person on this site. And I really want to know, what were we doing on September 11, 2001 that was so bad that we deserved to have 3000 people killed just for going to work that day. ?