jeanie&jerry

Problems with CENOMAR in the Philippines

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Has anyone had this problems with your fiancee getting her CENOMAR(certificate of No Marriage) in the Philippines. My fiancee was denied for a Cenomar. Here is my story(or at least what I know so far): Back in 2005 she thought she was getting married to this guy so he set it up with a lawyer and couple of witnesses. This guy was already married but told my fiancee that his wife had died. So she thought she got married to him, legal and free. But later she found out that he was still living with his wife and kids and so she check with marriage records and found no certificate of marriage to this guy so she figured it was fake. So after three months in 2005 she left him and didn't need to file annulment. Now today she went to get the Cenomar and found out certificate of marriage was dated November 30, 2010. How could this happen? Did anyone run into this problem? What did you do? What can I do? I planning to get a lawyer, but is there anything else I can do? I feel very hopeless and powerless.

Required Documents and Information:

If this is your first marriage, the local civil registrar will ask to see your original birth certificates or your baptismal certificates. Certified copies may be accepted. You need to provide the full name, residence and citizenship of your parents or guardians.

If either of you are not citizens of The Republic of The Philippines, you have to provide your passport and a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage. An affidavit in lieu of a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage may also be accepted. You need to check with a U.S. consular officer to make sure that they are providing the affidavit.

HOW SURE ARE YOU THAT YOUR GF IS TELLING YOU THE TRUTH? BEFORE YOU CAN GET MARRIED, THE US CITIZEN ( HIS HUSBAND IS REQUIRED TO GET A LEGAL CAPACITY OF MARRIAGE WHEREIN THE US CONSUL IS VERY STRICT WITH THIS DOCUMENT AND HE NEEDS TO SHOW THE CONSUL A DIVORCE CERTIFICATE FROM THE US).

THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE COMES SOMETIMES A LITTLE BIT LATE BEC IT NEEDS TO BE ENDORSED TO THE MAIN NSO OFFICE FROM THE CITY REGISTRAR BUT NOT THAT LONG AND OFCOURSE SHE WAS INDEED MARRIED. THE ONLY THING I CAN ADVICE IS TO MAKE SURE TO ASK HER STRAIGHT. IF NOT ASK THE GUY TO KNOW EXACTLY THE TRUTH. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO PURSUE HER THEN THE NEXT THING IS FOR HER IS TO TELL THE TRUTH AND START FROM THERE...THEN START THE ANNULLMENT PROCESS. IT COSTS MONEY AND ITS LESS THEN A YEAR OR TWO. ITS JUST TOO SOON TO CHANGE TO ANOTHER HUSBAND..NOV 2010 ITS JUST A 2 MONTHS...IT MIGHT TRIGGER US CONSUL FOR FRAUD.

Edited by griffin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone.

Has anyone had this problems with your fiancee getting her CENOMAR(certificate of No Marriage) in the Philippines. My fiancee was denied for a Cenomar. Here is my story(or at least what I know so far): Back in 2005 she thought she was getting married to this guy so he set it up with a lawyer and couple of witnesses. This guy was already married but told my fiancee that his wife had died. So she thought she got married to him, legal and free. But later she found out that he was still living with his wife and kids and so she check with marriage records and found no certificate of marriage to this guy so she figured it was fake. So after three months in 2005 she left him and didn't need to file annulment. Now today she went to get the Cenomar and found out certificate of marriage was dated November 30, 2010. How could this happen? Did anyone run into this problem? What did you do? What can I do? I planning to get a lawyer, but is there anything else I can do? I feel very hopeless and powerless.

Why would the certificate show Nov 2010 if she thought she was getting married in 2005? I don't see how that date could be wrong. How long have you known your fiancee? Are you sure she didn't recently marry this other guy? What other red flags have you had but might be afraid to mention? You may want to really consider things.

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

well i think the marriage was registered late... sorry to hear ur story... but i guess u ask ur fiancee a copy of her marriage contract... and from there u will fig. out what happened to the record...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

My wife had a similar situation before we met. The man she married was also still married. She had also found out he was still married about 2 months after the wedding (wedding before a judge), but he and his wife were living apart. In order for my wife to clear her name she had to file for an annulment with charges of bigamy. It took her approximately 2 1/2 years to get her fake marriage annulled due to the man and his attorney not showing up at the hearings or responding to the charges til at the very last, seems that is typical in the Philippines and hearings are just rescheduled. According to my wife it seems that is the only way for a lady to clear her name in situations as that in order to someday have a legal marriage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There were a couple articles in the Manila Times recently under Persida Acosta's legal advice section. She noted that the second marriage is not legal and is void. However, you will need to have it legally documented with the courts which will require an attorney in the Philippines.

Sent 2010-09-18

NOA1 2010-09-21

Touched 2010-09-28

Touched 2010-10-03

NOA2 2011-04-19

Embassy 2011-05-12

Medicals 2011-05-27

Interviews 2011-07-18

ALMOST THERE!!!!

Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Is a update and more clear information. I didn't really understood what CENOMAR is but after speaking to my fiancee now I understand it better. My fiancee went to get her CENOMAR and on there it said that she was married, dated Aug 2004. But the CENOMAR was registered Nov. 30 2010, 6 years after she was suppose to be married. She never got her Certificate of Marriage. After 9 months and breaking up with her fake husband she went to NSO(I think) to check to see if she was registered as married and the lady said no, there is no record. So she went to see a lawyer he said that she should go back to the NSO and get an CENOMAR on the husband and the Certificate of Marriage and bring it back to his office. Also note when she got married her family took pictures at the City Hall where she got married and show those pictures to the employees there the lawyer who married them and the employees said that guy is no lawyer in this City Hall.

I think what is happening is that this guy is trying to get back at her because she broke up with him, and he said he would get revenge and make sure she would not have a happy life. Is it possible this guy got the original papers and filed them just before Nov. 30, 2010? Could this happened to a guy who is still married? Any answers OR supported would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't know if this will help or not but here's the story about my Parents Marriage Certificate.

My parents got married twice, once in civil on 1977 and another on the church on 1980. For some reason, what the NSO has is their church wedding. My father got a SECPA copy on 2004 and what's in their record is still the church wedding. But when I petition them and I submitted that Marriage certificate (church date wedding), and later have them get another copies of their marriage certificate that's when everything turn upside down. They now have their Civil Marriage Wedding Date recorded and they won't give them the Church Wedding Marriage Certificate (which they have been using) since the Civil Wedding was the first wedding they have and that should be the one they will use but since they just updated their system recently they just now found out about the Civil Wedding Date. Which is hogwash since everytime my father get a copy of their marriage certificate as requirements for some applications, he jot down the Civil Wedding date but they always gave him the Church Wedding Date Marriage Certificate. He even kept on correcting them but they always say they don't have a copy of their Civil Wedding only their Church wedding but now it's just updated. :rolleyes:

So maybe that "fake" marriage she got was registered late.

And yes, there was a bunch of spelling or mistype on their certificate that we need to correct. It's now okay. Thank God.

USCIS: IR-5

03/22/2010 - Sent I-130 for Both Parents via Express Mail

03/23/2010 - I-130 RCVD by USCIS

03/31/2010 - NOA 1 Receipt Date

04/14/2010 - NOA 1 RCVD

09/22/2010 - Approved

09/28/2010 - RCVD NOA 2

NVC:

10/06/2010 - NVC RCVD our Case from USCIS

10/12/2010 - All Day trying to Call NVC; line is sooo BUSY.

10/13/2010 - @ 1:28 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's Case# & to pay AOS fee bill of $88. Haven't RCVD any yet for my Dad's petition.

10/13/2010 - @ 3:49 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's DS-3032

10/13/2010 - @ 5:08 AM CT Emailed NVC to registered our respective Email Add'es.

10/13/2010 - @ 2:47 PM CT Finally got thru to NVC & registered our Email Add'es & Got my Dad's NVC Case#. Yey!

10/14/2010 - Paid AOS fee of $88.00 for Both Parents

10/14/2010 - Emailed DS 3032

10/15/2010 - @ 10:30 PM RCVD an email from NVC for my Dad's ACL Universal

10/16/2010 - @ 12:53 PM RCVD Signed DOCS package from my Parents

10/19/2010 - @ 12:33 AM AOS shown as PAID & Printed the AOS Cover Sheet

10/20/2010 - Sent DS 3032 Hard Copy

10/25/2010 - DS 3032 Delivered

10/28/2010 - Sent I-864 (AOS) on the Mail

10/28/2010 - @ 4:49 AM DS 3032 Accepted

11/01/2010 - IV Fee Bill Generated

11/02/2010 - AOS Delivered

11/15/2010 - My Parents RCVD their NEW Passports, PAID IV Fee Bill of $404 for each Parent

11/16/2010 - IV Fee Bill shown as PAID & Printed the coversheet

12/02/2010 - DS 230 Mailed

12/30/2010 - NVC emailed me Case Complete

01/18 & 19/2011 - Medical DONE

02/03/2011 - Interview @8:30 AM APPROVED!!!

02/09/2011 - Visa on Hand

03/11/2011 - Fly out, POE: San Fo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

post removed at the poster's request

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Hello everyone.

I've been living in the Philippines going on 4 years now. Sounds like a scam to me.

I would be checking this girl out very carefully. November 30, 2010????? Hmmmmmm..

There were a couple articles in the Manila Times recently under Persida Acosta's legal advice section. She noted that the second marriage is not legal and is void. However, you will need to have it legally documented with the courts which will require an attorney in the Philippines.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Best ANSWER, THANK U!!!!

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Is a update and more clear information. I didn't really understood what CENOMAR is- certificate for singleness; proof that u were never been married...

but after speaking to my fiancee now I understand it better. My fiancee went to get her CENOMAR and on there it said that she was married, dated Aug 2004.

But the CENOMAR was registered Nov. 30 2010,- not registered but i think that is the date when NSO issued her CENOMAR...

6 years after she was suppose to be married. She never got her Certificate of Marriage. After 9 months and breaking up with her fake husband she went to NSO(I think) to check to see if she was registered as married and the lady said no, there is no record. So she went to see a lawyer he said that she should go back to the NSO and get an CENOMAR on the husband and the Certificate of Marriage and bring it back to his office. Also note when she got married her family took pictures at the City Hall where she got married and show those pictures to the employees there the lawyer who married them and the employees said that guy is no lawyer in this City Hall.

I think what is happening is that this guy is trying to get back at her because she broke up with him, and he said he would get revenge and make sure she would not have a happy life. Is it possible this guy got the original papers and filed them just before Nov. 30, 2010? Could this happened to a guy who is still married? Any answers OR supported would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

he is not trying to get back to ur fiancee as u said to ur statement he is living now with his orig. family... Beth and Chard is correct pls. check the girl vry carefully, i think she is a scammer too.. for what u said here sorry its a RED FLAG!

u need an atty. for this case and process it on court..... to clear her name in the NSO...

Edited by godsgift
N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Is a update and more clear information. I didn't really understood what CENOMAR is but after speaking to my fiancee now I understand it better. My fiancee went to get her CENOMAR and on there it said that she was married, dated Aug 2004. But the CENOMAR was registered Nov. 30 2010, 6 years after she was suppose to be married. She never got her Certificate of Marriage. After 9 months and breaking up with her fake husband she went to NSO(I think) to check to see if she was registered as married and the lady said no, there is no record. So she went to see a lawyer he said that she should go back to the NSO and

get an CENOMAR on the husband- it will appear on the cert. that the guy was married two times.. from the Orig. wife and to ur fiancee... it was written there the names, the dates the parents, and i think where the marriage took place...

and the Certificate of Marriage and bring it back to his office.- i think she can file a bigamy...

Also note when she got married her family took pictures at the City Hall where she got married and show those pictures to the employees there the lawyer who married them and the employees said that guy is no lawyer in this City Hall.- yes coz sometimes lawyers transferred offices...

I think what is happening is that this guy is trying to get back at her because she broke up with him, and he said he would get revenge and make sure she would not have a happy life. Is it possible this guy got the original papers and filed them just before Nov. 30, 2010?

yes...

Could this happened to a guy who is still married?

yes

Any answers OR supported would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Is a update and more clear information. I didn't really understood what CENOMAR is but after speaking to my fiancee now I understand it better. My fiancee went to get her CENOMAR and on there it said that she was married, dated Aug 2004. But the CENOMAR was registered Nov. 30 2010, 6 years after she was suppose to be married. She never got her Certificate of Marriage. After 9 months and breaking up with her fake husband she went to NSO(I think) to check to see if she was registered as married and the lady said no, there is no record. So she went to see a lawyer he said that she should go back to the NSO and get an CENOMAR on the husband and the Certificate of Marriage and bring it back to his office. Also note when she got married her family took pictures at the City Hall where she got married and show those pictures to the employees there the lawyer who married them and the employees said that guy is no lawyer in this City Hall.

This could happen. YOur fiancee should get all necessary data, her and her husband's certificate of marriage. If she would be able to get the certificate of marriage of her husband's first marriage, then her annulment would be easy. SHe would just file for application in NSO. SHe should get it immediately. There is a minimum fee for annulment. Godsgift would be able to give you an idea.

Your fiancee wont be a scam if 1) she offered to pay for the annulment (if she could afford it) or ask for the minimum amount of money to pay her annulment fee 2). There would be no big delay on her annulment case.

But if she makes excuses and say if will take years to process her annulment paper and ask for large amount of money from you... better run now while you still can.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

OP's NOA2 date is Dec. 20th. time would also now appear to be a factor.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.