jeanie&jerry

Problems with CENOMAR in the Philippines

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, thank you for your responses. Is a update and more clear information. I didn't really understood what CENOMAR is but after speaking to my fiancee now I understand it better. My fiancee went to get her CENOMAR and on there it said that she was married, dated Aug 2004. But the CENOMAR was registered Nov. 30 2010, 6 years after she was suppose to be married. She never got her Certificate of Marriage. After 9 months and breaking up with her fake husband she went to NSO(I think) to check to see if she was registered as married and the lady said no, there is no record. So she went to see a lawyer he said that she should go back to the NSO and get an CENOMAR on the husband and the Certificate of Marriage and bring it back to his office. Also note when she got married her family took pictures at the City Hall where she got married and show those pictures to the employees there the lawyer who married them and the employees said that guy is no lawyer in this City Hall.

I think what is happening is that this guy is trying to get back at her because she broke up with him, and he said he would get revenge and make sure she would not have a happy life. Is it possible this guy got the original papers and filed them just before Nov. 30, 2010? Could this happened to a guy who is still married? Any answers OR supported would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!

hi! this is what the 2nd paragraph on my cenomar issued on Dec 10, 2010 says:

This certification is based on the records of 1945-2010 marraiges enrolled in the database as of NOVEMBER 30, 2010

is this what u read in ur fiancee's cenomar>

AOS

07/08/2011 - Mailed AOS via usps

07/12/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-845 via email

07/13/2011 - Personal Check Cashed

07/12/2011 - NOA1 notice date(email)

07/18/2011 - NOA1 for EAD & I-485 hardcopy & Biometrics received in the mail

08/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment--DONE!

08/19/2011 - Interview Letter/Notice sent

08/31/2011 - EAD card/document production ordered

09/06/2011 - EAD case touched

09/12/2011 - EAD received!

09/21/2011 - AOS Interview-APROVED ON THE SPOT/email notice: GC productionn ordered, approval notice sent

09/26/2011 - AOS Approval Notice/Welcome Notice received!

09/30/2011 - Got my GC in the mail today!

K1 JOURNEY

07/09/2010 - I-129F mailed via USPS

07/12/2010 - CSC received

07/17/2010 - NOA1 notice date

07/19/2010 - Cheque cashed

07/21/2010 - NOA1 hardcopy received =D

12/06/2010 - NOA2 Hardcopy received =D =D =D

12/10/2010 - NVC received / Got MNL number yay!

12/13/2010 - NVC left / Consulate received Electronic File the same day

12/29-30/2010 - Medical @ SLMEC PASSED!!!

01/07/2011 - Interview Jan. 7 @ 6:45am -VISA APPROVED!!!READ MY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE

01/15/2011 - VISA on hand

01/17/2011 - CFO DONE

01/20/2011 - POE-SFO

0FYVm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One last question. How important is the suffix on the CENOMAR and/or marriage contract? My fiancee found out that on both documents this person or her fake husband put his first name middle initial and last name but no Jr. There is same name with Sr and there is the same name with Jr but no name without the suffix. When the NSO did a search for the name without the suffix it came out blank. Does this mean we still pursue an annulment? or is there something easier and quicker we can do to throw out this marriage contract?

Thank you all for your help.

One last question. How important is the suffix on the CENOMAR and/or marriage contract? My fiancee found out that on both documents this person or her fake husband put his first name middle initial and last name but no Jr. There is same name with Sr and there is the same name with Jr but no name without the suffix. When the NSO did a search for the name without the suffix it came out blank. Does this mean we still pursue an annulment? or is there something easier and quicker we can do to throw out this marriage contract?

yes of course!!! u cant just erase her husband's name on her cenomar's record... like mine... i was married to michael john but in my husband's BC there is no John... and one thing is that... on the records tho he didnt put his Sr. or Jr. the place of the marriage, date and the parents are still the same...

yes true the name with Jr. or Sr. will not appear... like mine.. when they search the name Michael John there is none too... there is no michael john existing married to me.... quite confusing but it happened to me also....

Edited by godsgift
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

The only thing for both of you to do is to file for annullment. Even though your fiancee's husband is married to another person prior to their marriage and papers were submitted to NSO, your fiancee is legally married to him. She needs to file to void her marriage. Her main defense is his previous marriage.

She married a good-for-nothing person. She should legally get rid of her previous marriage to stop further damage on her life.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

The only thing for both of you to do is to file for annullment. Even though your fiancee's husband is married to another person prior to their marriage and papers were submitted to NSO, your fiancee is legally married to him. She needs to file to void her marriage. Her main defense is his previous marriage.

She married a good-for-nothing person. She should legally get rid of her previous marriage to stop further damage on her life.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

• 6 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, JheQjheq said:

How could a falsified marriage contract be registered in cenomar philippines?  it happened to me and i was so disappointed.  my fake marriage certificate was made by Recto. me and my ex live in partner used it to register our childs name with my surname.

Ahhhh, it appears .. you gave a copy of your fake marriage contract to a "official" ... the rest is an easy paper trail to PSA.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/2/2011 at 7:44 PM, griffin said:

HIS HUSBAND IS REQUIRED TO GET A LEGAL CAPACITY OF MARRIAGE WHEREIN THE US CONSUL IS VERY STRICT WITH THIS DOCUMENT AND HE NEEDS TO SHOW THE CONSUL A DIVORCE CERTIFICATE FROM THE US

I just got the affidavit 3 weeks ago. There is no such requirement. I only had my passport. I said I was married previously and legally divorced. I was asked to swear to those facts and I received affidavit.

Timeline
4 hours ago, RO_AH said:

I just got the affidavit 3 weeks ago. There is no such requirement. I only had my passport. I said I was married previously and legally divorced. I was asked to swear to those facts and I received affidavit.

You are replying to a SIX year old topic (almost SEVEN years old)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

9 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You are replying to a SIX year old topic (almost SEVEN years old)

Oh well maybe we'll get lucky and they will lock it lol.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Oh well maybe we'll get lucky and they will lock it lol.

Not sure why they even leave them on here, the second someone brings one back to life they lock it.  Why not have the program delete them after "so long" ...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 year later...

Don’t take her word for any of it make sure you see the documents. Women in philippines come up with all sorts of stories about why a cenomar can’t be issued but the bottom line is if they were ever married they can not get one without eating an annulment. Doesn’t matter where they were married or if the got divorced anywhere in the world cause philippines does not allow divorces plain and simple. You can go online to the NSO yourself and get records like marriage certificates, birth certificates and other things. They will even ship them to the USA for you to have yourself. So just remember no cenomar no leaving to get married somewhere else or getting married in philippines. You can always just live with her in philippines if you want to be together. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jimmyasshole said:

Don’t take her word for any of it make sure you see the documents. Women in philippines come up with all sorts of stories about why a cenomar can’t be issued but the bottom line is if they were ever married they can not get one without eating an annulment. Doesn’t matter where they were married or if the got divorced anywhere in the world cause philippines does not allow divorces plain and simple. You can go online to the NSO PSA, hasn't been NSO in years.   yourself and get records like marriage certificates, birth certificates and other things. They will even ship them to the USA for you to have yourself. So just remember no cenomar no leaving to get married somewhere else or getting married in philippines << Yes they can if the get the divorce recognized. You can always just live with her in philippines if you want to be together. 

Mostly wrong.

A Filipino can be divorced in another country, with that they can get a K-1 visa and get married anywhere in the world except the Philippines.   BUT..  if the Filipino chooses to get the divorce recognized in the Philippines they can also marry in the Philippines (one party of the divorce must be a foreigner). 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 7 months later...

Hi,good day this is my corcern,is anyone can help me i need some advice..i am a currently living in malaysia i have a japanese boyfriend we are planning to get married but my problem is i am married in the philippines but it's annulled already but before that my surename is spelled wrong..since i was young up to  getting married i used the real spelling of my father's surename only then i knew when i applied for passport and i took the psa copy of my birth certificate that the spelling of my father's surename is wrong then the dfa personnel told me to used the surename  written on my birth certificate  and not the real spelling of my father's surename which is now my middle name  on my passport because i'm married so now me and my husband was annulled already  2017but on my passport still his surename then i have a boyfriend and we are planning to get marry japan and the city hall in his hometown ask me to take a cenomar now i took a cenomar already on the surename written on my birth certificate and it has no record of marriage...my problem is which one should i use the one written on my birth certificate or my father's real surename (cenomar)if i use my passport is it possible they will question me even though i have a cenomar which is stated no records of marriage but my passport is my ex-husband surename?i haven't change yet becoz i'm out of the country..thanks ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.