Ginalisa

Met a rude fellow Pinay

33 posts in this topic

I am a Filipina living in Washington state. I have been here for more than a year but I only have one Filipina friend, My husband ntroduced me to her and she and her husband were very good people. I once attended a party for another Filipino here. My husband personaly knew her and they seem fine. At her house, she was always asking my husband about his ex-wife who happened to be her "bestfriend". I was so ridiculed and I felt I am not welcome to their house and party. From that point on, I never go to any Filipino get together. She was so rude and uneducated, they are also some kind of "socialite" and they are trying to outdo each other by having fancy clothes and gadgets.

I am just sad that there are Filipinos like that, treating their fellow kababayan like ######.

Edited by Ginalisa

God is always good to us and love us unconditionally.

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am a Filipina living in Washington state. I have been here for more than a year but I only have one Filipina friend, My husband ntroduced me to her and she and her husband were very good people. I once attended a party for another Filipino here. My husband personaly knew her and they seem fine. At her house, she was always asking my husband about his ex-wife who happened to be her "bestfriend". I was so ridiculed and I felt I am not welcome to their house and party. From that point on, I never go to any Filipino get together. She was so rude and uneducated, they are also some kind of "socialite" and they are trying to outdo each other by having fancy clothes and gadgets.

I am just sad that there are Filipinos like that, treating their fellow kababayan like ######. It's a shame on me that I don;t have a Filipino friend here and I feel like an outcast and I fell that nodoby like me.

I am sorry about your experience with her. Sometimes, our own people is the one who hurt us. Sometimes, we have to be careful in choosing friend and people. Make friend with them who have the same spirit with us to make everything easier.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I am just sad that there are Filipinos like that, treating their fellow kababayan like ######.

Just stay humble and be good don't mind people who are rude they are just jealous :dance:

Filed Petition for my Mom

2/29/2020 Filed online I-130 form and payment  

3/2/2020 Check Cleared 

3/10/2020 NOA1 Under Review and processing 

5/04/2020 Notice of approval  

5/18/2020 AOS Filling fees and IV Filling fee check cleared 

12/9/2020 Email from NVC received all fees form document that required prior to attending interview  

05/24/2021 Received mail interview schedule June 24, 2021 @10:30 am (Cancelled) due to a long quarantine decided to cancelled

11/22/2021 Case Transfer from HK US Consulate to US Embassy Manila

05/02/2022 St Luke Medical appointment

05/23/2022 Sputum test wait 2 months to released result

07/22/2022 Sputum test passed same day Immunization

07/27/2022 Interview US Embassy Manila (Refused ask Embassy request DNA test)

08/31/2022 DNA test Kit Paid (Universal Genetics)

9/13/ 2022  Embassy took the sample both me after 3 days result was 99.9999 % Positive :)

9/29/2022    Passport with visa 

10/2/2022    CFO registered online only  

10/2/2022  Paid 220 for green card

10/19/2022 Flight to USA 

10/20/2022 Arrived in Alaska USA 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Ginalisa,

I'm sorry to hear about your sad feelings to some kababayans who been there also for american-filipino marriages who have that kind of attitude. You better stay away from those kind of people if you find you are not welcome by her / them and have an open conversation to your husband that he will avoid talking to that friend of him coz you are not comfortable with her." Parang ganun lang cguro ". I am certain , not all filipinos(a) treat each other that way.

Actually i am interested to know you also since my fiance is also from Washington State WA, at the moment i am waiting for the appointment letter from the USEM Manila, hoping to have it early January, God willing.

So stay happy and enjoy the Yuletide Season out there. Happy New year

tess129

Timeline

I am sorry about your experience with her. Sometimes, our own people is the one who hurt us. Sometimes, we have to be careful in choosing friend and people. Make friend with them who have the same spirit with us to make everything easier.

Stay away from people who dont make you feel accepted. I'm sure you can eventually find friends who are sincere and humble. Another advice is, keep a few chosen friends!

hi OP...don't let those type of people, especially those type of fellow kababayans get to you. she's doing exactly what you said...which is disrespect you and embarass you because husband's ex is her friend. there's a lot of filipinos here in the states like that....na they try to over do one another. you're not missing much by deciding not to be friends with these people...those types of "i can outdo you" people you don't want to be friends with anyways. but don't let it deter you from going to other filipino gatherings. not all of our kababayans have that kind of attitude.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

avoid that kind of filipia...shame on her...but dont close your mind of having frineds with you kbabayan, not all are bad...merry xmas....

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Just remeeber what the great Eleanor Roosevelt said "People can only make you feel inferior if you let them"

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just stay humble and be good don't mind people who are rude they are just jealous :dance:

:thumbs:

My wife has a Thai friend who is always critical of everything. I do believe it is jealousy. Her husband has been unemployed for almost two years. They live in a small house worth maybe 60k and my wife and I live in an older home built in 1880 worth maybe 400k. She is always saying our home is old and why we don't move to a new home. She even criticized the Christmas card we sent this year. I also think she might be just a bit on the dumb side but it still hurts my wife's feelings as her friend is ALWAYS negative. Anyway, keep your chin up and it will all work out.

LS

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are rude people from evey corner of the world.. were you surprised that a fellow Pinay could be rude? Did you never meet someone in PI that was rude? I have met several Pinay that were rude and I dont label every Pinay as rude because of the actions of a few..

The woman is best friends with his ex and you are surprised she wasnt polite and thrilled you were with him rather than her best friend.... :blink: Its just as much in his lap as it was hers for taking you to a situation like that.... If he was in a couples bowling league with his ex and then he shows up with you as his new bowling partner, the other people who were best friends / members of the group with the ex would not likely treat you the same as the ex at first... it takes time to adjust to change and get used to new people and situations...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Ginalisa,

It is sad isnt it? I am also a Filipina and moved here in the states from australia. I have 6 close filipina friends in Australia but none here in the states. The attitudes of most filipino's that I know here in the states are not in my liking that I just stay away from them. You do not need friends like that. I do hope you will find fellow filipino friends that are good and kind.

Flag-Pins-USA-Australia.jpgFlag-Pins-Philippines-Jamaica.jpg

It is expected that filipina would be rude to you. She is the bestfriend of your hubby's ex-wife. A kind of attitude that majority of women would do irregardless of nationality; stick with their friends and be nasty to the other woman. No brainer here.

Reality check... please analyze your scenario before posting bad comments. Your generalization is kind of unfair towards your fellow filipinas. :bonk:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

Hi Ginalisa,

It is sad isnt it? I am also a Filipina and moved here in the states from australia. I have 6 close filipina friends in Australia but none here in the states. The attitudes of most filipino's that I know here in the states are not in my liking that I just stay away from them. You do not need friends like that. I do hope you will find fellow filipino friends that are good and kind.

Yup. A lot of them seem to be overly materialistic and like gossiping. There's good ones too.

I have friends who were also friends with the ex-wife, including female, and they have been very kind to my wife. It isn't automatic that people who knew or were friends with her will automatically be rude to the more beautiful, loving, and younger wife. People of strong character are not like that.

Ginalisa, I would be open with this to your husband too. If I thought for a second someone was being rude to my wife it would either be confronted and ended or the association would cease.

You are the wife. You are number one.

Hi Ginalisa,

I'm sorry to hear about your sad feelings to some kababayans who been there also for american-filipino marriages who have that kind of attitude. You better stay away from those kind of people if you find you are not welcome by her / them and have an open conversation to your husband that he will avoid talking to that friend of him coz you are not comfortable with her." Parang ganun lang cguro ". I am certain , not all filipinos(a) treat each other that way.

Actually i am interested to know you also since my fiance is also from Washington State WA, at the moment i am waiting for the appointment letter from the USEM Manila, hoping to have it early January, God willing.

So stay happy and enjoy the Yuletide Season out there. Happy New year

tess129

Hi tess, thank you so much. Yeah I stayed away already from them, it just hurts that I don't have somebody to talk in my own language, but I'm getting the hang of it. My husband's children are rally nice to me. Where in Washington is your fiance?

God is always good to us and love us unconditionally.

"There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.