MrsMahir2010

I-134 Form Question

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone! How are you all doing?? Well, I hope!!

I have a question about the I-384 form. Currently, I am a full-time student, and a single mother. My son and I receive medicaid, and foodstamps at the moment. Does anyone know if the petition will be denied because of this? I lost my job of 8 years in October of 2009 and I decided to go to school in the meantime. I read all of the information, but I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation and has some good news for me. LOL! Thanks for your time!!

Timeline

I have a question about the I-384 form. Currently, I am a full-time student, and a single mother. My son and I receive medicaid, and foodstamps at the moment. Does anyone know if the petition will be denied because of this? I lost my job of 8 years in October of 2009 and I decided to go to school in the meantime. I read all of the information, but I was wondering if anyone was in the same situation and has some good news for me. LOL! Thanks for your time!!

The I-134 form... sorry...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

the 1-134 affidavit of support, the sponser is respondsable, for you it is a public charge to get public assistance,you wil have to pay back to the gov,chances are you will be denied,or fine a co signer

Your petition will not be denied because they do not handle financial considerations. That is not handled until your visa interview.

Once you are at the interview stage you will need a co-sponsor since you probably do not have income above the 125% poverty level.

Then again I heard Morocco is pretty strict so you better know what you are doing.

Edited by thaiv

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-134 is needed at time of visa interview at consulate not when filing the petition, moving to consulate forum.

SEE Duplicate Post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/288265-i-134-form/

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-134 is used at time of visa interview at consulate, not when filing the I-129F petition. Moving to consulate forum..

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads merged into one thread and duplicate post removed. It is not necessary to post the same question in more than one forum nor to add your question to someone else's thread. You will get better responses keeping all of the information in one place.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Are you doing a fiancee petition for a man in Morocco?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You will need a co-sponsor.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

So what are you saying? You are disabled?? What does losing your job 8 years ago have to do with Medicaid and foodstamps? I think if you are a charge of the state then it's probably not a good idea for you to try to sponser someone from another country.

Betsy El Sum

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca consulate no longer accepts the I 134 for any visa application. You will need to file an I 864, and for that, you will need a co sponsor, and you will need to get off government assistance. You won't be able to remain on government assistance if your fiance comes to the US and you are married anyway, because he cannot receive means tested benefits and families must apply together. Sorry for the bad news, but you're in no position to sponsor an immigrant. These Moroccan boys can eat you out of house and home and cost a fortune to maintain their metrosexual looks. Trust me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Casablanca consulate no longer accepts the I 134 for any visa application. You will need to file an I 864, and for that, you will need a co sponsor, and you will need to get off government assistance. You won't be able to remain on government assistance if your fiance comes to the US and you are married anyway, because he cannot receive means tested benefits and families must apply together. Sorry for the bad news, but you're in no position to sponsor an immigrant. These Moroccan boys can eat you out of house and home and cost a fortune to maintain their metrosexual looks. Trust me.

Very True :rofl:

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

• 3 months later...
Timeline

So what are you saying? You are disabled?? What does losing your job 8 years ago have to do with Medicaid and foodstamps? I think if you are a charge of the state then it's probably not a good idea for you to try to sponser someone from another country.

I didnt lose my job 8 years ago, and no Im not disabled. I am a single mother, and after I lost my job TWO years ago I decided to go back to school to higher my education so that I could get a better job. I am a single mother (my sons father is a dead beat!!!)and I have been receiving benefits for about a year and a half. I recently found another job, but it only pays $7.25 an hour. No, I dont make a lot of money, but what does money have to do with being in love and wanting to be with the man you love???

I didnt lose my job 8 years ago, and no Im not disabled. I am a single mother, and after I lost my job TWO years ago I decided to go back to school to higher my education so that I could get a better job. I am a single mother (my sons father is a dead beat!!!)and I have been receiving benefits for about a year and a half. I recently found another job, but it only pays $7.25 an hour. No, I dont make a lot of money, but what does money have to do with being in love and wanting to be with the man you love???

It has nothing to do with love. It's bureaucracy. You must be able to support the person you're petitioning for, and you must be able to provide documentation showing that you can. Tax transcripts, paystubs, letter from employer, etc are all important. If you can't show that you can financially support the beneficiary, you'll be denied. If co-sponsors are allowed at Casablanca, it's probably your only option.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.