onyxrev

Formal call for immigration reform...

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Again guys I am not trying to be the enemy.. just saying that being negative about the situation doesn't help us one bit... I was negative and then I eased up and said the heck with it let it take its course.. and ya know what I feel much better.. and healthier.. the negativity is not needed guys we have enough stress..

No animosity, my friend. I just want to get people on the same page and want to find like-minded folk. Thanks for your input! I mean that.

Dan & Sheryl (Twin Cities, MN and Calgary, AB Canada)

Feb 29 2004 - Met on LiveJournal.com

July 25 2005 - Things start to get 'romantic'

Nov 11 2005 - Met in person

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

March 6 2006 - I-129F sent

March 9 2006 - I-129F NOA1

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 3 2006 - IMBRA RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

July 10 2006 - RFE received

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Sept 20 2006 - Called DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all my investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Oct 24 2006 - FINALLY APPROVED!

Jan 18 2007 - Interview in Vancouver / K-1 received

Jan 23 2007 - Sheryl enters the US with me

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
:thumbs: good luck on the changes.. I truly do hope it goes somewhere.. if ya need extra john hancocks.. lemme know

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Vartan, it is very nice to defend USCIS when you got approved in two months. The perception, of course, changes for those of us waiting for 5 months for approvals.

What makes me mad me is not the amount of time, is NOT KNOWING nor being able to know what is going on. It also makes me mad that nobody at USICS cared to review the laws that they are supposed to enforce to include a simple requirement on a form in a timely manner. This to me is unnaceptable. For example, if the government changes a tax law, I as a citizen am expected to comply with it as soon as it comes into effect. Why couldn't they comply with IMBRA on time? if you look at the new form they added 3 more questions, seriously how hard is it to do that in a timely manner? to me that is just plain incompetence and lack of professionalism. In my book, the person responsible for this mess should be fired.

NOA1: March 27th 2006

Case transferred from NCS to CSC: June 6th 2006

Imbra RFE received at CSC: July 17th 2006

NOA2: August 31st 2006

Received NOA2 e-mail notification: September 1st 2006

Touched: September 7th 2006

NVC receipt letter and case number: September 22nd 2006

NVC sent case to embassy: September 22nd 2006

Embassy receives case: October 2nd 2006

Interview date at embassy: November 14th 2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Again guys I am not trying to be the enemy.. just saying that being negative about the situation doesn't help us one bit... I was negative and then I eased up and said the heck with it let it take its course.. and ya know what I feel much better.. and healthier.. the negativity is not needed guys we have enough stress..

Secondly lets give these guys the benefit of the doubt . .I know it seems slow but ya know what when I am a customer it seems slow too .. but when I am taking care of the customers.. I don't have any free time..

The one thing that I do say is completely valid is that the forms should have been available before march 6.. that I can not forgive.[/color]

Vartan, we know you are not trying to be the enemy. But it's pretty darn hard not to be negative about a situation like this. It's not that it seems slow - it IS slow. I have been waiting for 5+ months for something that used to take 60-90 days, while people who filed 2-3 months after me have already been approved.

If I could let it go, I would, and I try every single day not to focus on this. I find it very hard to give them the benefit of the doubt when they make it impossible to get any clear information. I AM the customer. As a US citizen it is my right to file the petition, and I paid them to process it. I don't expect to have to search their website or call them and beg or plead with my senator to try to get information.

I would have been able to accept their enormous error a whole lot easier if they had simply followed an equitable processing order and provided me with information about the process.

I don't believe there is anything that can be done to change this - and the only thing I can do is try to calm down and relax. Clearly, I'm not very capable of that right now.

Timeline
Vartan, it is very nice to defend USCIS when you got approved in two months.

3 months and I felt this same way before I was approved if you read my posts you would know I said I felt peoples pain no need to make comments like the one above. And you missed that I said I dont agree with the paperwork not being ready.

I don't believe there is anything that can be done to change this - and the only thing I can do is try to calm down and relax. Clearly, I'm not very capable of that right now.

I know Kitkat .. it is not cool and I don't like to see you still waiting .. I still remember you waiting for your RFE before you left town to visit your fiance. I just trying to help people from going through the heartache that we have all already done.. we just need to all try and relax..

maybe this picture will help ease the stress

cute_bunny.jpg

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline

cute_bunny.jpg

Eeeee! It does! :lol:

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

July 3 2006 - RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent

July 11 2006 - touched

Aug 31 2006 - touched! oooooh

Sept 1 2006 - touch-a-touch-a-touch-a-touched us

Sept 7 2006 - touch

Sept 20 2006 - Dan calls DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 21 2006 - Local USCIS office claims RFE is a request for 'initial' evidence - RFE must be lost or was never actually sent.

Sept 22 2006 - Congressional inquiry #2- told "We are working on your case, please allow 60 days" ARGGHH

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all Dan's investigating

Oct 16 2006 - Finally received the RFE that's been holding up our case. It's the IMBRA RFE that we already sent in and was verified received!

Oct 17 2006 - Senator Mark Dayton's office finally gets USCIS to pull out petition for special processing.

Jan 23 2007 - I enter US

Jan 26 2007 - civil wedding

Feb 17 2007 - ceremonial wedding!

Timeline

cute_bunny.jpg

:yes:

Well hello there!

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

June 10 Case Transfered to CSC - assured by USCIS that NOA1 date would be honored

July 5 2006 - RFE sent with extra evidence (plane tickets, receipts, letters, emails, photos)

Aug 8 2006 - Congressional inquiry - told 129F cases are processed based on IMBRA RFE

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for writing. I read the thread. I think there are some positive things that could be expected by us via mandates from Congress. For instance (for K1s)

- prompt processing times

- no more than 10 days from mail receipt to NOA1 issue.

- no more than 45 days (excluding RFE turnaround) from NOA1 to NOA2.

- no more than 14 days from NOA2 to NVC sending to embassy.

- no more than 30 days from NVC sending until P3 sent.

I think all of these are doable.

More ambitous and longer term:

- electronic filing of form (like tax returns), with receipt number generated. Automatic payment via credit card or check. Then paper documentation to follow.

- electronic transmission of key application and approval to consulate/embassy, with paper documentation to follow.

- electronic transmission of RFE, Package 3, etc. as an option.

I think all of these are positive, reasonable, constructive.

Your thoughts?

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline

Very Nice TOm .. this is what I was talking about.. someone needs to give some answers.. and I think these are very good clear cut answers.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

I had tried to stay out of this thread, because, as you all know, I don't like controversy!! :lol:

Seriously though, there are many good points here.

My thought is this, when I sent in my petition, I was advised to wait 60-80 days for approval. Fair enough.

Then IMBRA blind sided me, and apparently USCIS as well. The projected timeframe immediately jumped to 90-110 days.

150 days later, we were finally approved. Last week, someone announced their approval in 7 days.

Does that sound like a broken process? Damn right it does.

These are the issues:

Irresponsible implementation of IMBRA.

Incompetent customer service.

Huge disparity in processing time between the centers.

No available or accurate feedback about processing timelines.

As the IMBRA implementation debacle passes, they will still have many other issues to contend with. err that we will have to contend with.

I agree, USCIS is broken and needs reform.

Edited by William33

Filed: Other Timeline

I agree with the original poster. Let's stop complaining just here, let's DO SOMETHING about it.

I have started a petition online.. Yes, I know this is a simple start, but I am extremely hopeful and optomistic that eventually this petition could have thousands of signatures so that we can get USCIS to be accountable and to actually allow greet people with the "open arms, not long lines" that is spouted off at the political mouth.

Anyway, here is to us, let's see how many people are willing to help a little and give it support.

Petition Link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/USCIS/petition.html

David and Marina

USCIS Accountability Starts Here With Your Help!

http://www.petitiononline.com/USCIS/petition.html

Timeline

cute_bunny.jpg

:yes:

Well hello there!

Hiiii. (F)

I agree with the original poster. Let's stop complaining just here, let's DO SOMETHING about it.

I have started a petition online.. Yes, I know this is a simple start, but I am extremely hopeful and optomistic that eventually this petition could have thousands of signatures so that we can get USCIS to be accountable and to actually allow greet people with the "open arms, not long lines" that is spouted off at the political mouth.

Anyway, here is to us, let's see how many people are willing to help a little and give it support.

Petition Link: http://www.PetitionOnline.com/USCIS/petition.html

I could just kiss you guys. :yes:

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

July 3 2006 - RFE in the mail

July 5 2006 - RFE sent

July 11 2006 - touched

Aug 31 2006 - touched! oooooh

Sept 1 2006 - touch-a-touch-a-touch-a-touched us

Sept 7 2006 - touch

Sept 20 2006 - Dan calls DHS - Was told another RFE was sent three weeks ago

Sept 26 2006 - 6 touches from all Dan's investigating

Jan 23 2007 - I enter US

Jan 26 2007 - civil wedding

Feb 17 2007 - ceremonial wedding!

Timeline

Dave and Marina... I think your petition is a great start and I signed it. But I also think it's important to have some specific requests of the system. I will begin to draft my own petition that will outline the changes that I would like to see, combined with feedback from others on this forum. Thanks for your support!

Dec 31 2005 - Engaged

Feb 17 2007 - Wedding!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok to get everyone's attention I waited for 13 months for an NOA-2 so I probably have more room to vent than anyone else here.

Here are some realities:

1. A large part of the problem is that USCIS is understaffed. You can't have expect anyone to meet a deadline when you don't have the resources to meet it. Anyone here want to pay more taxes or much higher fees (which is why there is a business priority.

2. How do you designate a "priority" K- over a non-priority one? About the only reason I can think of is if there is a pregnancy involved.

3. If they had to continually update status for everyone being processed then things will slow down as resources will spend more time filing reports than processing. The limited resource issue is why they stopped responding to emails, instead you get 1 more person out there processing files rather than answering our questions.

4. The 5 monthers need to understand that the USCIS can take 120 months before they even look at your petition. This time last year without IMBRA the USCIS fell to over 5 months before looking at petitions, so you 5 monthers wouldn't even have a "touch".

5. Quit thinking touches mean anything. If you want to see a "touch" all you need to do is change your password as it generates a touch.

As to accountability, understand that you are dealing with humans who interept things differently. So you will get different answers from different people even if they are "official" answers to congresscritters.

I do feel that if your visa is outside the normal timeframe that you should have priority access to information and resources to resolve your case. For me had this been available it probably wouldn't have taken the amount of time.

7-6-2005 Sent paperwork to CSC

7-13-2005 NOA-1

12-27-2005 Called about out of process

1-3-2006 Response sent

2-3-2006 Called because response never made it, started out of process again

4-5-2006 Called again because nothing has happened got the response "nothing has changed"

4-11-2006 Emailed CSC

4-12-2006 Emailed Congressman

4-13-2006 Got response from CSC stating that the file has been requested for processing (Hopefull yeah!)

6-30-2006 Exchange email with CSC--file is being processed contact again in 30 days

7-30-2006 CSC no longer accepts email

8-21-2006 NOA-2 Fantastic!

9-8-2006 NVC supposedly sends to Embassy

10-4-2006 Embassy doesn't have paperwork yet?

10-11-2006 Interview set for 10-25-2006

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You are very much right ronin. I am sorry to hear that you have been through this long waitting time. As for as the reforms are concerned then we need to be very careful about this thing.

In USA everything is done under the influence of capatilism and buisness point of view. Immigration has nothing to do with these multi corps. If they have anything to do with the immigration, they have fukn created the H1 visa. Thats all they need to think about.

The general immigration process is mainly a concern of ordinary people. Most of the petitionars are belinging to a normal background.

Imagine that why a son of MS director, daughter of GM, daughter of Ford would like to marry with an oridanry non-us citizen.

I swear to GOD if even three or four of these big gun's family memebrs were involved, then IMBRA situation owuld have been solved in a matter of week.

So we are lame and idiot to think that someone can change the present status-quo.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.