Ray & Ces

CASE COMPLETE.. .. then GOT RFE?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear my co VJ members..., I need help and some advices.. I got SIF in my case dated Dec. 13, 2010 then CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010 according to AVR, then I confirmed also from NVC Operator..and said our CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010... But my question is... why I got emailed from NVC..

Here NVC emailed:

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to

the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that you, as the Petitioner, do

not appear to meet the minimum income requirement according to the

current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this

petition. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this

requirement at the time of your interview. In order to avoid delays, you

may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a

Joint Sponsor to the National Visa Center to assist in sponsoring the

intending immigrants. To view the current poverty guidelines, visit

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

If you decide to use a Joint Sponsor to assist in sponsoring the intending

immigrants, please note that you the sponsor may not use Form I-864EZ

and will also need to submit Form I-864

---- I got RFE's dated October 08, 2010 but we submit everything that they needed..----that is why our case complete...dated Dec. 14, 2010.

Guy's I need some advice regarding this matter.. I am very confused...and irritating..

Thanks a lot.

Ray & Ces

i think you 're fine. sometimes the nvc email system is behind. so they send email after you already fix everything. 99% you're good to go. don't panic. good luck

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Dear my co VJ members..., I need help and some advices.. I got SIF in my case dated Dec. 13, 2010 then CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010 according to AVR, then I confirmed also from NVC Operator..and said our CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010... But my question is... why I got emailed from NVC..

Here NVC emailed:

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to

the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that you, as the Petitioner, do

not appear to meet the minimum income requirement according to the

current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this

petition. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this

requirement at the time of your interview. In order to avoid delays, you

may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a

Joint Sponsor to the National Visa Center to assist in sponsoring the

intending immigrants. To view the current poverty guidelines, visit

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

If you decide to use a Joint Sponsor to assist in sponsoring the intending

immigrants, please note that you the sponsor may not use Form I-864EZ

and will also need to submit Form I-864

---- I got RFE's dated October 08, 2010 but we submit everything that they needed..----that is why our case complete...dated Dec. 14, 2010.

Guy's I need some advice regarding this matter.. I am very confused...and irritating..

Thanks a lot.

Ray & Ces

It's the boilerplate message they send when your income alone does not qualify you to sponsor. It's not an RFE. They are telling you the final decision lies with the Consular officer. If you're sure you qualify, then disregard it. If you're not so sure, either become sure or get a joint sponsor and have their affidavit and supporting documentation in the beneficiary's hands at the interview.

Unless your husband and his mother live in the same house, the I-864a will not work. It also appears she doesn't qualify. You need a qualified joint sponsor and the correct affidavit and supporting documentation.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I think you'll feel much better just calling NVC and asking them, rather than relying on our guesses! Good luck!

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Just wondering if the rfe was prompted to you before they reviewed the co-sponsor information, some of their emails seem to have a rather long delay, automated emails come for things that have been already done but not just reviewed yet by NVC.

Call the operator and ask a sup to see if you can still do this(maybe too late). Otherwise use the guides and calculate your minimum income limits with co-cponser so you are 100% prepped for interview.

Beautiful Ethiopia:

USCIS

I 130 sent 5/22/10

I 130 receipt- NOA1 5/28/10

touched 6/1/10

NOA2 10/25/10 (150 days)

NVC

NVC # 11/10/2010 (got through 11/15/2010)

DS 3032 emailed 11/15/2010

IID issued 11/17/2010

AOS fee paid 11/18/2010

DS3032 mailed 11/18/2010

AOS fee accepted 11/19/2010

hardcopy for IIN received 11/18/2010

AOS package sent 11/20/2010

AOS package received at NVC 11/23/2010

DS 3032 received 11/24/2010 per operator('received' per NVC email 11/29/10)

IV Bill generated 11/29/2010 (email notice 11/30/2010)

IV Bill paid 12/02/2010 -accepted 12/4/2010 by NVC

IV documents sent 12/15/2010 (mail trouble)

IV docs received 12/20/2010 NVC signed receipt (12/23/10 per system response)

SIF 01/10/2011

case complete 01/11/2011 (63 days from case#)

EMBASSY

INTERVIEW DATE 5/3/2011 (yes... 4 months from CC ???!!!)

Timeline

I think you'll feel much better just calling NVC and asking them, rather than relying on our guesses! Good luck!

I'm not guessing. The case is complete and on its way to the Consulate where based on the information provided, the visa will be denied unless the beneficiary carries an affidavit of support from a qualified joint sponsor, including supporting documentation and evidence of the sponsor's US Citizenship or LPR status. It ain't my first rodeo.

The notice was not an RFE. It was a warning.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The same thing happened to my hubby and I. You might have filled the forms out incorrectly as well. We got a case complete and our interview booked, we just had to supply the correctly filled out form at our interview. Also, bring oodles of proof that your co-sponsor is eligible to sponsor you.. taxes, and all assets and savings that person has.

Edited by coraliesolms

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The requirement is 18212.00 anuall income for household of 2.. since you husband is effectively not counted on the household size..

You said your mother in law isn't working, so If she is using only assets then she needs to show assets of 3 times that of the Anual income requirement meaning she's need to show assets/cash of $54700.00.

Can someone clarify if assets are 3 times or 5 times the Poverty Line? It apears to be 3 times from the 864 form.. Regardless, it appears your mother in law doesn't meet the requirement either, so you should find someone who does..

Someone correct me if I'm calculating this wrong...

Kenny

Timeline

The requirement is 18212.00 anuall income for household of 2.. since you husband is effectively not counted on the household size..

You said your mother in law isn't working, so If she is using only assets then she needs to show assets of 3 times that of the Anual income requirement meaning she's need to show assets/cash of $54700.00.

Can someone clarify if assets are 3 times or 5 times the Poverty Line? It apears to be 3 times from the 864 form.. Regardless, it appears your mother in law doesn't meet the requirement either, so you should find someone who does..

Someone correct me if I'm calculating this wrong...

Kenny

When sponsoring your own spouse or fiance it's three times but this cosponsor would be sponsoring a son in-law, so five to one. Mom would have to show the assets were in her name and her name alone or her husband would need to provide an affidavit as well.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

uhhhh 'Kikapoo', thats why people are on here.. The forms are clear if you follow them... otherwise there are people here who

've done it before and know it.. and relying on NVC for a correct answer is almost as scary as using "guesses" anyway...

Kenny

Timeline

When sponsoring your own spouse or fiance it's three times but this cosponsor would be sponsoring a son in-law, so five to one. Mom would have to show the assets were in her name and her name alone or her husband would need to provide an affidavit as well.

Thanks pusbrk...

so, OP, your Mother in Law needs to have $91,100.00 cash in the bank. Or your husband needs to get a job paying $18300.00 or you need to get another Co Sponser with the assets, or cash, or the needed combination of both...

Kenny

Edited by kennym

I'm not guessing. The case is complete and on its way to the Consulate where based on the information provided, the visa will be denied unless the beneficiary carries an affidavit of support from a qualified joint sponsor, including supporting documentation and evidence of the sponsor's US Citizenship or LPR status. It ain't my first rodeo.

The notice was not an RFE. It was a warning.

:thumbs:

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

uhhhh 'Kikapoo', thats why people are on here.. The forms are clear if you follow them... otherwise there are people here who

've done it before and know it.. and relying on NVC for a correct answer is almost as scary as using "guesses" anyway...

Kenny

Oh, calm down people, it was a simple suggestion. Nobody has to actually follow it, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Kikapoo

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

i think you 're fine. sometimes the nvc email system is behind. so they send email after you already fix everything. 99% you're good to go. don't panic. good luck

Hello Adam2, Yeah..that's correct they send me emailed when my case complete...so confusing for me.. Oh well, I hope my papers everything's fine. Thanks a lot.. God Bless

You complete me...I love you so much my husband.. YOU and ME FOREVER...

It's the boilerplate message they send when your income alone does not qualify you to sponsor. It's not an RFE. They are telling you the final decision lies with the Consular officer. If you're sure you qualify, then disregard it. If you're not so sure, either become sure or get a joint sponsor and have their affidavit and supporting documentation in the beneficiary's hands at the interview.

Unless your husband and his mother live in the same house, the I-864a will not work. It also appears she doesn't qualify. You need a qualified joint sponsor and the correct affidavit and supporting documentation.

Hello pushbrk, so you're telling me that my co-sponsor (my Mom in-law) is not qualify?? I know my husband is not qualify that is why his mother is our co-sponsor in this case. :bonk: But my only question while my case complete then I got emailed from NVC..that I am really confusing. Anyway, thank you for giving me some advice.

Hi, Kikapoo, I already called in NVC and spoke with the operator only they say my case complete and waiting my appointment letter. about my concern they don't have idea because my case complete already. Thanks for your response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.