Ray & Ces

CASE COMPLETE.. .. then GOT RFE?

47 posts in this topic

Just wondering if the rfe was prompted to you before they reviewed the co-sponsor information, some of their emails seem to have a rather long delay, automated emails come for things that have been already done but not just reviewed yet by NVC.

Call the operator and ask a sup to see if you can still do this(maybe too late). Otherwise use the guides and calculate your minimum income limits with co-cponser so you are 100% prepped for interview.

Hello Meskal, I did and spoke with operator only they say is my case complete and waiting my appointment letter. But, I don't know how to calculate the minimun income, coz my husband income for a year is 8K and my co-sponsor is 29k in her bank account... I hope this is enough...

You complete me...I love you so much my husband.. YOU and ME FOREVER...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not guessing. The case is complete and on its way to the Consulate where based on the information provided, the visa will be denied unless the beneficiary carries an affidavit of support from a qualified joint sponsor, including supporting documentation and evidence of the sponsor's US Citizenship or LPR status. It ain't my first rodeo.

The notice was not an RFE. It was a warning.

Hello pushbrk, we have co-sponsor (my Mom in-law) coz my husband didn't meet the requirement of NVC... so if my Mom in-law not qualify also to sponsoring me so it means I need to find addt'l co-sponsor? and bring all his/her AOS form with supporting documents in my coming interview? I ask you this once, did you heard issue that have denied visa on immigrant?

The same thing happened to my hubby and I. You might have filled the forms out incorrectly as well. We got a case complete and our interview booked, we just had to supply the correctly filled out form at our interview. Also, bring oodles of proof that your co-sponsor is eligible to sponsor you.. taxes, and all assets and savings that person has.

Hello Coraliesolms, we got RFE last Nov. 13, my Mom in-law (co-sponsor)have incorrectly in her form, but she correct it well. Yeah, I will bring everything on my coming interview. Thanks!

The requirement is 18212.00 anuall income for household of 2.. since you husband is effectively not counted on the household size..

You said your mother in law isn't working, so If she is using only assets then she needs to show assets of 3 times that of the Anual income requirement meaning she's need to show assets/cash of $54700.00.

Can someone clarify if assets are 3 times or 5 times the Poverty Line? It apears to be 3 times from the 864 form.. Regardless, it appears your mother in law doesn't meet the requirement either, so you should find someone who does..

Someone correct me if I'm calculating this wrong...

Kenny

Hi Kennym, thank you for your response. So, do I need to find another co-sponsor..oppps! If I find addt'l co-sponsor I will bring his/her AOS and supporting documnets on my coming interview? because my case complete in NVC.. I am right? Thanks

When sponsoring your own spouse or fiance it's three times but this cosponsor would be sponsoring a son in-law, so five to one. Mom would have to show the assets were in her name and her name alone or her husband would need to provide an affidavit as well.

Hello pushbrk, the sad part my husband stepdad don't want to fill-up the AOS, he told to my Mom in-law he don't to be liable with me in 2 years..what can I do? I don't want to push him... but I am really disappointed to my husband stepdad..for me his very selfish....arrrrrg!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello pushbrk, the sad part my husband stepdad don't want to fill-up the AOS, he told to my Mom in-law he don't to be liable with me in 2 years..what can I do? I don't want to push him... but I am really disappointed to my husband stepdad..for me his very selfish....arrrrrg!

What I don't understand, to earn an income of 19K isn't that hard.. it seems he could work at WalMart or McDonalds or any job like that to meet minimum income requirements. Is it not possible for your husband to take on a second job or find a diferent job, this isn't a big deal...

Ussually most people are hesitant to co-sponser due to the responsibility that it brings.. And showing sufficient assets can be dificult to show ownership and availibilty.. I would think it would be easier to meet the income requirement by simply taking on another job...

You can't expect anyone to feel sympathetic even if it is family since most responsible adults should be able to stand on thier own..

Kenny

Edited by kennym

uhhhh 'Kikapoo', thats why people are on here.. The forms are clear if you follow them... otherwise there are people here who

've done it before and know it.. and relying on NVC for a correct answer is almost as scary as using "guesses" anyway...

Kenny

Hello Kenny, yeah I agree with you.. that is a reason why I am posting my adds here coz I want to hear people for giving me some valid advice.. :thumbs:

Oh, calm down people, it was a simple suggestion. Nobody has to actually follow it, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

opps.. guys sorry.. please don't hurt anybody...we are here to sharing our thoughts and ideas.. I'm posting my adds coz I want clear answer..

Thanks to all of you for sharing ideas and giving me lots of advice.

Love

Ray & Ces

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello pushbrk, so you're telling me that my co-sponsor (my Mom in-law) is not qualify?? I know my husband is not qualify that is why his mother is our co-sponsor in this case. :bonk: But my only question while my case complete then I got emailed from NVC..that I am really confusing. Anyway, thank you for giving me some advice.

Based on the information about his mother's finances, no, she is not qualified as a sponsor. First you must understand the qualifications. When you do, you'll understand she doesn't qualify. I've seen these notices before. They are warnings, not requests to submit more information to NVC. Your case isn't there anymore.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

You find a qualified sponsor or you don't get a visa. Nobody can force anybody to sponsor. Your husband's mother is not qualified. $29,000 in a joint sponsor's savings only makes up for $5,800 in income shortfall and then only if your husband lives with his mother. It's not enough. You'll need a qualified sponsor.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

For anybody reading along on this thread that has any questions, let me take the time to explain more fully. The OP did NOT receive an RFE. It was a WARNING. I've seen several of these personally and in each of those cases, the sponsor or joint sponsor was well qualified and the visas were issued.

What NVC does is to make certain the I-864 is properly filled out. Since they don't make the determination on the public charge issue (Consular officers do) they'll forward any properly filled out affidavit to the consulate, whether the sponsor qualifies or not. However, they DO look at the stated current income and when the income alone doesn't qualify, they send the warning notice posted in this thread.

I once saw the same notice sent to an elderly retired petitioner with more than half a million dollars in well documented liquid assets. Of course, the visa was issued as it was with each of the other cases where I saw this same notice.

The OP's case is different. Neither the petitioner or joint sponsor are qualified, separately or in combination. Unless or until they find a qualified joint sponsor and present (to the Consulate) a properly executed affidavit and supporting documentation from a qualified sponsor, there will be no visa. Again, it is not an RFE. It's a warning. In this case, the warning is real. NVC is out of the picture. They say that directly in the warning notice.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I guess it's just a delayed email from the NVC. If your case has been completed, it's complete. No more RFE's. But to make sure, have your petitioner called the NVC to clarify this. We're on the same week of completing the case. Do you have an interview schedule yet?

September 2007 - We started chatting

January 11, 2008 - He visited me here in Philippines

January 18,2008 - Our engagement ceremony

July 14,2008 - his 2nd time here in Philippines

August 08,2008 - Our WEDDING

August 2008- December 15 2009 - We lived together here in Philippines.

December 15, 2009 - He went back in Colorado ( my saddest moment)

March 27, 2010 - I-130 sent

April 09, 2010 - NOA1 received

September 18, 2010 - NOA2 received ( major major happiness )

October 04, 2010 - NVC received / case number assigned

October 08, 2010 - Received AOS bill

October 11, 2010 - AOS bill paid

October 15, 2010 - AOS status "paid"

October 22, 2010 - IV- bill received

October 23, 2010 - IV bill paid

October 27, 2010 - IV bill status "paid" DS-230 packet sent

December 01 - 02, 2010 - Medical exam ( passed)

December 17, 2010 - NVC case complete! -)

February 01, 2010 - Interview ( 8:30 AM)

I guess it's just a delayed email from the NVC. If your case has been completed, it's complete. No more RFE's. But to make sure, have your petitioner called the NVC to clarify this. We're on the same week of completing the case. Do you have an interview schedule yet?

Hello beancare, thank you for the response... well some of my friends here they said this is a late emailed..according to NVC operator when I asked my concern, they said nothing to worry because my case complete...but this is scary because some vj members advices..really scared for me... I wish and pray my our papers will be fine.

Timeline

Hello beancare, thank you for the response... well some of my friends here they said this is a late emailed..according to NVC operator when I asked my concern, they said nothing to worry because my case complete...but this is scary because some vj members advices..really scared for me... I wish and pray my our papers will be fine.

It's not a delayed email and your papers are NOT fine. You've been competently advised what to do. Over and out.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.