Ray & Ces

CASE COMPLETE.. .. then GOT RFE?

47 posts in this topic

Dear my co VJ members..., I need help and some advices.. I got SIF in my case dated Dec. 13, 2010 then CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010 according to AVR, then I confirmed also from NVC Operator..and said our CASE COMPLETE dated December 14, 2010... But my question is... why I got emailed from NVC..

Here NVC emailed:

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

The NVC has received the information you have submitted in reference to

the Affidavit of Support. Please be advised that you, as the Petitioner, do

not appear to meet the minimum income requirement according to the

current poverty guidelines to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) for this

petition. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this

requirement at the time of your interview. In order to avoid delays, you

may wish to submit an additional Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) for a

Joint Sponsor to the National Visa Center to assist in sponsoring the

intending immigrants. To view the current poverty guidelines, visit

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf.

If you decide to use a Joint Sponsor to assist in sponsoring the intending

immigrants, please note that you the sponsor may not use Form I-864EZ

and will also need to submit Form I-864

---- I got RFE's dated October 08, 2010 but we submit everything that they needed..----that is why our case complete...dated Dec. 14, 2010.

Guy's I need some advice regarding this matter.. I am very confused...and irritating..

Thanks a lot.

Ray & Ces

You complete me...I love you so much my husband.. YOU and ME FOREVER...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently you are really borderline on your income. You should find a co-sponsor, gather all the documents needed from them and take that with you to the interview with your spouse. Hopefully you have an available co-sponsor. If your income has improved since your original 864, such as a raise, then you may be ok without the co-sponsor. But you should be prepared at the time of interview, as the letter states. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Apparently you are really borderline on your income. You should find a co-sponsor, gather all the documents needed from them and take that with you to the interview with your spouse. Hopefully you have an available co-sponsor. If your income has improved since your original 864, such as a raise, then you may be ok without the co-sponsor. But you should be prepared at the time of interview, as the letter states. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, my husband is my principal sponsor.. he didn't meet the requirement or income from NVC needed, so that we have co-sponsor his Mom. my husband submitted his I-864, my Mom in-law submitted her i-864a, we got RFE..dated Oct. 08, 2010..we submitted everything... and got emailed from NVC that they already received our rfe and for review. Dec. 13, the magical SIF... Dec. 14, 2010 our case complete..according from AVR and NVC operator.. then now got RFE again... so confusing.. so it means do I need to prepare another AOS? even if our case compete?

Agree, Get a Joint Sponsor ASAP and you should be fine.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Agree, Get a Joint Sponsor ASAP and you should be fine.

Hello sjr09, yeah we have co-sponsor since we submit all our docs. in NVC.. my question is... my our case complete..but got RFE again? it is possible? :unsure: , so we need to find addt'l co-sponsor?

The RFE from NVC is showing you did not meet or you may be borderline on the financial evidence are you borderline with your co sponsor and yourself? That’s big question.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

The RFE from NVC is showing you did not meet or you may be borderline on the financial evidence are you borderline with your co sponsor and yourself? That’s big question.

I don't have idea how to compute the income requirement in poverty guideline. Yeah, that's true my husband (petitioner) didn't meet the requirement so that we have co-sponsor which is my Mom in-law. She filed her I-864A and all the requirements. So we need to find another or addt'l co sponsor?... OMG! I am sooory..I am really confused.. my case complete but got rfe again..? it is positive?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If your mom meets the requirments and her taxes were submitted for the last 3 years

and her income is 125% over poverty than she can be a co sponsor. As long as she to

makes enough to add him as a person to support.

She would need to make about $18324 her self IF ALONE to be a co sponsor if no other

persons are supported by her, husband, sister, brother.

If your not sure read the instructions for I-864 and it explains the requirements

to be a co sponsor for him. You would still need to file and I-864 also yourself to.

You will need to have all proof at the US Embassy. So at your interview your going

to need to show evidence of a I-864 co sponsor before they will approve your Visa.

Also go to google type 125% poverty guide lines and it will show you the requirement

for the amount for the persons you need to file for.

Good Luck

Happy Holidays

If your mom meets the requirments and her taxes were submitted for the last 3 years

and her income is 125% over poverty than she can be a co sponsor. As long as she to

makes enough to add him as a person to support.

She would need to make about $18324 her self IF ALONE to be a co sponsor if no other

persons are supported by her, husband, sister, brother.

If your not sure read the instructions for I-864 and it explains the requirements

to be a co sponsor for him. You would still need to file and I-864 also yourself to.

You will need to have all proof at the US Embassy. So at your interview your going

to need to show evidence of a I-864 co sponsor before they will approve your Visa.

Also go to google type 125% poverty guide lines and it will show you the requirement

for the amount for the persons you need to file for.

Good Luck

Happy Holidays

Hi, 1lovingyou2 thanks for giving me some advice, yeah she submit her 3 years tax income. My husband income for the year is $8752 only, that is why his Mom our cco-sponsor, she submitted i-864a, 3 years tax return and her bank statement is $29K and other supporting docs, do you think my husband and his Mom meet the poverty guidelines.

Thanks for your response. So, only I need is the copy of my Mom in-law I-864A all the supporting docs. to bring on my coming interview? No, need to send another or addt'l AOS or co-sponsor in NVC?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi I saw your post I was in the same boat with you before but now we are ok...your husband didnt meet the income requirements, your mother in law is your joint sponsor....

you need to make sure that your mother in law meet her income requirements depending on household size....

if she is alone she need to meet 18,300(household for 2 person) for both of you but if she have dependent then the income must be higher than that...

heres the link of income requirements

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

hope this will help you

IR1 IR2

04/10/2008 WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''05/19/2014 Form I-130 send to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
04/27/2009 Send the I-130''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''05/24/2014 USCIS checks cashed
11/24/2009 I-130 Approved''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''05/2610/2014 USCIS acceptance confirmation via email and text
03/27/2010 AOS sent case forwarded at Nebraska Service Center
04/07/2010 NVC request to send Applicants documents'''''''''''''''''''''''''''05/28/2014 NOA1 Hardcopy
04/09/2010 send the leter requesting to change CR1 to IR1'''''''''''''''''''''''05/29/2014 Alien Registration Number changed

04/12/2010 send email to NVC requesting to change CR1 to IR1'''''''06/20/2014 I-130 Approved (NOA2)

04/15/2010 nvc received 1-864''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' 06/30/2014 I-130 forward to NVC
04/17/2010 received RFE from NVC''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''07/11/2014 NVC received our case

04/21/2010 CR1 to IR1 approved''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''07/18/2014 case # and Innvoice # received

04/30/2010 Send DS230 through EMS express Mail w/o PCC''''''''''08/06/2014 DS-261

05/04/2010 Request for PCC in Japan Embassy'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/08/2014 AOS Invoice received thru email
05/06/2010 DS-230 Delivered, May 06, 2010, 11:55 am''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/08/2014 sent AOS packet

05/12/2010 DS-230 recceived by NVC'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/11/2014 AOS shows "PAID" and packet delivered
05/26/2010 RFE checklist received'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/13/2014 AOS scanned
05/31/2010 RFE checklist response send thru fedex''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/26/2014 IV invoice received thru mail
06/01/2010 RFE for AOS send'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''08/27/2014 IV shows "PAID", DS-260 filed and IV packet send
06/02/2010 NVC received RFE on DS230 signed by J.Desmond 10:25am'''''''''08/29/2014 IV package scanned
06/10/2010 Japan police clearance ready for pick up (36 days)'''''''''''''''''''10/14/2014 Case Complete
06/24/2010 SIGN IN FAILED ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''10/21/2014 CEAC "IN TRANSIT"
06/24/2010 CASE COMPLETE as of june 23, 2010"'"""""""""'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''10/22/2014 CEAC "READY"
06/29/2010 Interview date received.............................................................................10/27/2014 Medical
07/21-22/2010 Medical......................................................................................................11/07/2014 Interview
07/22/2010 NVC forwarded our case to USEM.........................................................11/18/2014 visa received
08/05/2010 Interview 6:30 AM BLUE SLIP
11/08/2010 submit paystub
11/16/2010 submit passport
11/25/2010 VISA RECEIVED
01/16/2011 POE detroit

N-400 Naturalization

11/22/13 Form N-400 sent

11/27/13 USCIS Case Accepted

03/06/14 Interview

03/21/14 Oath Taking

hi I saw your post I was in the same boat with you before but now we are ok...your husband didnt meet the income requirements, your mother in law is your joint sponsor....

you need to make sure that your mother in law meet her income requirements depending on household size....

if she is alone she need to meet 18,300(household for 2 person) for both of you but if she have dependent then the income must be higher than that...

heres the link of income requirements

http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/SLB/DATAOBJECTS/I_864P.pdf

hope this will help you

Hello queng, got your response..thanks.. I am so confused.. really confused.. Yeah, my husband didn't meet the requirement that is why we have co-sponsor.. my husband income the year is 8K only, my co-sponsor don't have work but she have money in her account amounting of 29K, I can't understand how to compute 125% poverty line...my Mom in-law don't have work but her husband (my husband step dad) have work and they have 2 kids... my Mom in-law and her husband are joint for filling their tax but only my Mom in-law is our co-sponsor. :help:

very confusing for me in this matter... because our case complete dated Dec. 14, 2010 then got emailed from NVC Dec. 19 & 20 for another RFE....

We got RFE last November 08, 2010... but we already sent what NVC needed...but my case now are already COMPLETE.. but have RFE's? It is possible? So we need to find another or addt'l co-sponsor? awwwwwww.....

Timeline

After your get your interview date call the US Embassy and speak and make sure

of what they are asking and for you to bring to the interview.

Make sure you have good documents from the mother.

Detailed and complete, her documents depend on your approval and her having

everything for them to review.

A co sponsor is only needed during the time until he become a US citizen or

leaves the country. Than the mother is releast from any resonsibility to the

Government. Incase something happens and you both can't support each other,

the mother will become and not the US Government that why USA wants protection

that you dont become a libility to USA.

After your get your interview date call the US Embassy and speak and make sure

of what they are asking and for you to bring to the interview.

Make sure you have good documents from the mother.

Detailed and complete, her documents depend on your approval and her having

everything for them to review.

A co sponsor is only needed during the time until he become a US citizen or

leaves the country. Than the mother is releast from any resonsibility to the

Government. Incase something happens and you both can't support each other,

the mother will become and not the US Government that why USA wants protection

that you dont become a libility to USA.

hello 1lovingyou2, thanks for the reply.... so do i need to find another co-sponsor???????? even if my case complete...so frustrating.. I will call the NVC later..i will ask everything on what's going on my case

Timeline

hello 1lovingyou2, thanks for the reply.... so do i need to find another co-sponsor???????? even if my case complete...so frustrating.. I will call the NVC later..i will ask everything on what's going on my case

Yes you need a co sponsor when you call the Embassy to be surte of it

make sure your follow the instructions when completing the I-864 your

to use capital letter.

Anyway make sure your co sponsor has 3 years back IRS taxes and that

they also make 125 % of poverty if they are using your wife plus who

else ever they support in the family also.

JUst make sure you make what they need at the Embassy so you get CR-1 Visa

or they will decline your visa UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT.

Good Luck

Yes you need a co sponsor when you call the Embassy to be surte of it

make sure your follow the instructions when completing the I-864 your

to use capital letter.

Anyway make sure your co sponsor has 3 years back IRS taxes and that

they also make 125 % of poverty if they are using your wife plus who

else ever they support in the family also.

JUst make sure you make what they need at the Embassy so you get CR-1 Visa

or they will decline your visa UNTIL YOU GET IT RIGHT.

Good Luck

OMG... yeah my Mom in-law (our co-sponsor) have complete 3 years IRS and all supporting documents..

So it means even your case complete in NVC..... you'll get RFE? so crazy...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.