Boban&Tamara

5 month - calling USCIS

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Im also planing to go to local USCIS office where i live...would this make any difference and is there anything they can do??? Did anybody tried this already??

Thanks

it wont help as there is just one office per service center.

just keep on calling as you wait for the email response.good luck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

I called USCIS today twice to let them know that my application was outside the 5 month processing goal. First time when I called they gave me e-mail address for Vermont to do the follow up on the case.

Second time when I called they told me they can not do the request for the case outside the timeframe (5 month) because I called them on November 15 and now I need to wait 30 days before they can file another request. But I received the letter on the November 27 from the Vermont that application is pending and still in 5 month processing goal and when expires 5 month to give them call back.

I’m totally confused now and don’t know what to do...Should I email them or just wait for December 16 to call them back????? OMG this doesn’t make any sense and I’m getting so frustrated :(:(:(

Can somebody help me out with this??? Thanks

I agree with others in that you need to keep calling, but of course, not every day: I don't think that would achieve much, but periodically, absolutely!

Srecno!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I agree with others in that you need to keep calling, but of course, not every day: I don't think that would achieve much, but periodically, absolutely!

Srecno!

Hvala :)

I will give them a call tommorow again and see if im gonna get somthing different for response.... :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

it doesnt make you look anything,half the time all they do is manually check your case status.sometimes they dont even do that.

OP emailing USCIS worked for me.my fiance called them five times,they didnt even bother to check our case status manually.after i emailed them i found out we have been approved for about one month now.so try doing that

YGR That is fantastic news.. really pleased for you. Ive seen a lot of your posts and could sense you were feeling as frustrated as we are. Rachel and myself reached 5 months yesterday and called USCIS. Pretty much the same response as the OP. Mega cheesed off now.. Ive put the full story in the "losing faith" thread. Anyway just wanted to say thats great news as out of everyone on here I was looking forward to your approval most.. (behind ours of course).. :star:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Timeline

YGR That is fantastic news.. really pleased for you. Ive seen a lot of your posts and could sense you were feeling as frustrated as we are. Rachel and myself reached 5 months yesterday and called USCIS. Pretty much the same response as the OP. Mega cheesed off now.. Ive put the full story in the "losing faith" thread. Anyway just wanted to say thats great news as out of everyone on here I was looking forward to your approval most.. (behind ours of course).. :star:

thank you,now im preaching the power of emailing,you should try doing that,it seems like the people who handles emails are far more responsible than the operators,after all an operator passed us to an officer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called USCIS today twice to let them know that my application was outside the 5 month processing goal. First time when I called they gave me e-mail address for Vermont to do the follow up on the case.

Second time when I called they told me they can not do the request for the case outside the timeframe (5 month) because I called them on November 15 and now I need to wait 30 days before they can file another request. But I received the letter on the November 27 from the Vermont that application is pending and still in 5 month processing goal and when expires 5 month to give them call back.

I’m totally confused now and don’t know what to do...Should I email them or just wait for December 16 to call them back????? OMG this doesn’t make any sense and I’m getting so frustrated :(:(:(

Can somebody help me out with this??? Thanks :

hi, we have the same case too, its been 5th month and the last time they touched our case was oct21, we called USCIS today and the lady said the process is 6months to 9months...if so why the hell they posted a 5month processing time? also how come other people i know, preferably are my friends who went thru the same process got theirs approved in 90days some are less??? is there a way to boycot or rally against this discrimination from USCIS??? our lives are very much on hold and affected by their negligence :angry::bonk::help:

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

is there a way to boycot or rally against this discrimination from USCIS???

Different people are processed at different rates because some people have 'less complicated' cases. Also, not every worker at the Service Centers processes cases at the same pace. Some work faster than others.

I'm not sure how this is discrimination. Maybe if they looked at your names and said, "Ick! I don't like people from that country... I'll put this one at the bottom of the stack!" But processing people at different paces because each worker is different, or each couple having different 'issues' in their cases... That's not really discrimination.

It's similar to standing in line at a grocery mart. If there are two lines, and you get in one of them, is it discrimination that the people in the other line (who haven't been waiting as long as you) get through faster?

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Hey Guys !!! Would you please provide me with the USCIS e-mail adress ???

04/29/06 - Meet in Dom. Rep.

05/01/06 - Our first date

10/30/06 - Living together

08/03/07 - Back to USA

12/01/07 - Back to DR (one Week)

02/01/08 - Back DR ( one week )

04/29/09 - Back to DR ( 3 days )

02/27/10 - Back to DR ( 16 days )

07/15/10 - 129F sent to USCIS

07/23/10 - NOA1

10/06/10 - Touched

01/13/11 - Service Request Form

When you call/email VSC can you also ask them what the HELL is going on over there? I think that place has shut down completely. Did they get buried in a snow storm or something?

NOA1 - 7/21/10

Touched (i.e. application moved from one pile to another) - 10/3/10

NOA2 - ????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Calling them over and over worked for me. If they really work efficiently, I would not have to call them. If you have a problem with that, then too bad cause for me, it worked :)

actually, it looks like yours took about the same as most other ppl from vermont from your time period. prolly just had something marked in your file about you being annoying, and doubt it made any other difference

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I say call their asses everyday!!!! That's what I plan to do when I pass the 5 month mark on 12/20...hate government workers...used to be one...they are nothing but lazy #### sons of b's...you make my life miserable...I'm gonna make your life miserable...

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i can't see how calling them every day would help or even bother them, you will never talk to the same one twice, and it's their job to answer phones. they never give the right info, and i sometimes doubt they even look anything up. if it's not your they talk to it will be someone else, and what difference would it make to them? all you would do is back up the phones for other people trying to get through.

and if it's anything like other parts of the government (my mom has worked for 2 or 3) then they'll make some kind of note on your file about you being a jerk and good luck gettin them to help you or even take you seriously.

they have all the power, and they are mostly nothing but half informed phone jockeys, trying to harass them won't help you, THEY can't help you.

Try 536 days waiting so far , and each time they transfer service center you get the 180 day wait time again, try about 50 service requests, congressman calls, lawyer calls. None of those time lines they give mean anything

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

hello, i belive there doing there best thay can. to try to get yor application adjudicated done before the 5 month timefram, it's not always exactly 5 months, thay have a big work load thay just can't rush your application every thing has to be checked looked at and checked by the supervisor and what ever thay do,..some times i belive if you keep calling them thay may put your file on the bottom of the pile,

Timeline

Try 536 days waiting so far , and each time they transfer service center you get the 180 day wait time again, try about 50 service requests, congressman calls, lawyer calls. None of those time lines they give mean anything

youre an IR-1/CR-1 petitioners,ours are not supposed to take that long.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.