Boban&Tamara

5 month - calling USCIS

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I called USCIS today twice to let them know that my application was outside the 5 month processing goal. First time when I called they gave me e-mail address for Vermont to do the follow up on the case.

Second time when I called they told me they can not do the request for the case outside the timeframe (5 month) because I called them on November 15 and now I need to wait 30 days before they can file another request. But I received the letter on the November 27 from the Vermont that application is pending and still in 5 month processing goal and when expires 5 month to give them call back.

I’m totally confused now and don’t know what to do...Should I email them or just wait for December 16 to call them back????? OMG this doesn’t make any sense and I’m getting so frustrated :(:(:(

Can somebody help me out with this??? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You keep calling them over and over and over. I posted this same thing in another thread. Contact your Senator/Representative. Call/write them every single day. Keep yelling and screaming until somebody hears you and helps you. This is exactly what I did to prevent myself from having to wait 5+ months for my NOA2. Don't be afraid to make noise.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You should not be calling them over and over that does not help. And then people wonder where their NOA2 are ? Its because the VSC is flooded with calls from people like you and does have time to be doing what they suppose to be doing--- > approving petitions.

So hang in there and give it time.

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Timeline

You should not be calling them over and over that does not help. And then people wonder where their NOA2 are ? Its because the VSC is flooded with calls from people like you and does have time to be doing what they suppose to be doing--- > approving petitions.

So hang in there and give it time.

Calling them over and over worked for me. If they really work efficiently, I would not have to call them. If you have a problem with that, then too bad cause for me, it worked :)

8/27/10-----> NOA2

Timeline

its actually makes you look bad if you call and call, they do note everything in the file. I only called when its was ok by our attorneys permission.. and that was including both petitions. I called a total of 3 times.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Timeline

You don't need an attorney's permission to call the USCIS.....

In any case, I did what worked for me and you did what worked for you :)

Perhaps calling them so many times like I did, did make me look bad. Maybe you are right. Did I care? No. Because why would I care what some stranger on the other end of the phone thinks about me? I am still going to wake up, eat, go to work and go to sleep each day regardless of how they feel about me. In the end, my persistence got me what I wanted from them...the NOA2 :)

8/27/10-----> NOA2

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

its actually makes you look bad if you call and call, they do note everything in the file. I only called when its was ok by our attorneys permission.. and that was including both petitions. I called a total of 3 times.

it doesnt make you look anything,half the time all they do is manually check your case status.sometimes they dont even do that.

OP emailing USCIS worked for me.my fiance called them five times,they didnt even bother to check our case status manually.after i emailed them i found out we have been approved for about one month now.so try doing that

Timeline

it doesnt make you look anything,half the time all they do is manually check your case status.sometimes they dont even do that.

OP emailing USCIS worked for me.my fiance called them five times,they didnt even bother to check our case status manually.after i emailed them i found out we have been approved for about one month now.so try doing that

Hi. I am so happy that you are approved :)

I have been reading your posts for a few weeks now and I am happy that you can finally move on now. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

8/27/10-----> NOA2

Timeline

Hi. I am so happy that you are approved :)

I have been reading your posts for a few weeks now and I am happy that you can finally move on now. Good luck with the rest of your journey!

hey,thank you. :thumbs:

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Timeline

My case was different and NOT straight forward thats the reason I had an attorney to begin with. She handled the case and told me not to call so thats what I did. Good Luck to everyone.

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

Second Round:

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

Yay for an approval! Would have been nice had they kinda told you about this, huh? :) Well, here's to a smoother (and faster) journey for ya!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

Yay for an approval! Would have been nice had they kinda told you about this, huh? :) Well, here's to a smoother (and faster) journey for ya!

completely,ill celebrate when i get my hardcopy and track the case.hopefully you wont go as far as we did and we wont get as desperate as we got

Edited by thelastpetitioner

Timeline

I send them email today and ask about the case status....how long did you wait for them to respond back on your emai?

Timeline

I send them email today and ask about the case status....how long did you wait for them to respond back on your emai?

about 3,4 days,minus the weekend.

Timeline

Im also planing to go to local USCIS office where i live...would this make any difference and is there anything they can do??? Did anybody tried this already??

Thanks

about 3,4 days,minus the weekend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.