trillium13

Creationists to build "full scale" replica of Noah's Ark

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

so that's where the platypus came from!

Noah liked to play hide the salami with various animals. Hence the platypus.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I remember her. She has aspergers so she came off as rude and abrasive over just about everything. I think splitting off P & R from the OT Forum has a lot to do with it. Ironically, a lot of the people that hang out here in this forum for religion are self-professed atheists or anti-religion.

:rofl: This is a forum for religious folks only now is it? Brilliant.

Steven, atheists have an interest in the earth and the space we occupy in the universe, just the same as theists, we just have a more pragmatic way of explaining it than you guys do. Atheists can be spiritual, moral and highly inquisitive, however, atheists choose not to believe that there is some special purpose as yet unrevealed for our 3 score and ten years of life as the mammal ** sapiens. There is no grand plan, no theistic design, map or pathway to everlasting life, even were I to have a clue what that's meant to mean in terms of my recognition of being who I am now. Not believing in god and all this grand plan stuff doesn't make atheists nihilistic or negative. An atheist is just as likely to be happy, forward thinking and positive as a theist, perhaps more so? ;)

As to this ark project, it would be interesting if there really was an interest in trying build it after the fashion of the ancients, like the Thor Heyerdahl Kon Tiki project, but I doubt that this has any scientific or realistic basis, it sounds like yet another exhibit in the god squad theme park, which is fine as far as it goes, but that's not very far, or very interesting.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

(BTW: Just thought I'd pop in and mess with y'all. I've been staying away from here since the Rainbow and Unicorn Brigade took over a year or so ago.)

Welcome back. The Rainbow and Unicorn Brigade wish you a Happy Holiday Yuletide Season. :star: :star:

Now please excuse the Unicorn, he's gotta take a rainbow leak something fierce

unicorn-pissing-rainbows.jpg

perhaps the story is to the extreme on what was put onto the ark, but if you look at many ancient cultures, the great flood itself probably did indeed happen....

Now you are treading into biblical plagiarism to glean fact from fantasy. Most major biblical stories, and they are just that, stories, were swiped from earlier works.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is a forum for religious folks only now is it? Brilliant.

That's not what I meant and you know it. If you happen to describe yourself as an altheist but still have an interest in discussing about various religions, you have every right to do so. There are those, however, who seem hellbent at taking every opportunity to ridicule and poke fun of religion and it's followers. They have no real interest in religion other than to preach how wrong those who believe in God are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I, personally, don't think I could ever go to this museum. I appreciate the fundamentalist's evangelical zeal and love of the Bible, but this is embarrassing.

At times, it seems a real shame what Christianity has done to the Bible...but then again that is only my opinion.

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Noah liked to play hide the salami with various animals. Hence the platypus.

I thought that was were lawyers came from. Oh, no...NM, I am confusing it with butt seks.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

That's not what I meant and you know it. If you happen to describe yourself as an altheist but still have an interest in discussing about various religions, you have every right to do so. There are those, however, who seem hellbent at taking every opportunity to ridicule and poke fun of religion and it's followers. They have no real interest in religion other than to preach how wrong those who believe in God are.

So why isn't that a legitmate interest? If you were an open minded liberal instead of a frustrated despot you would welcome all opinions and be secure in your own.

Gary And Alla

I don't think you can demand posters takes a subject seriously or their posts will be removed. That seems a tad draconian.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

I don't think you can demand posters takes a subject seriously or their posts will be removed. That seems a tad draconian.

Seems like a Democrat Christian. Control freak. A person completely against the concept of freedom of cjoice unless the choices are narrowed and dictated. Any discussion of religion should include the discussion that it is a fairy tale told by many different people, all claiming to be the "true" religion, using texts written by people AFTER the inception of the religion with the agenda of supporting the relgion. It is a proven techniques used by various religions invariably. It is, in fact, the only way to support a religion. Write a fairy tale that enough contributing members will buy into to support the industry. Which is the prima facia evidence it is a hoax.

Only people completely insecure in their own beliefs could possibly be threatened by anyone claiming it is a hoax. Kind of like Global Warming. If it were true, there would be no debate and no need to coerce or force through coercion needed results.

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Where do you Steven or anyone talking about posts being removed?

All I hear him asking for is some decency and respect by posters regardless of what their views on Faith are. I agree with that.

I'm an atheist and I clearly have different views that Steven, a practicing Catholic. I attribute the Pentateuch not to the word of God to Moses at Sinai, but to the Documentary Hypothesis - a collection of 4 writers and a Redactor who lived in Judea during a period of several hundred years culminating around 700 BC.

It's possible to disagree with people of Faith, such as Steven and Bishop and others who post here, without being rude or disrespectful towards them. No one has a monopoly on truth.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Where do you Steven or anyone talking about posts being removed?

All I hear him asking for is some decency and respect by posters regardless of what their views on Faith are. I agree with that.

I'm an atheist and I clearly have different views that Steven, a practicing Catholic. I attribute the Pentateuch not to the word of God to Moses at Sinai, but to the Documentary Hypothesis - a collection of 4 writers and a Redactor who lived in Judea during a period of several hundred years culminating around 700 BC.

It's possible to disagree with people of Faith, such as Steven and Bishop and others who post here, without being rude or disrespectful towards them. No one has a monopoly on truth.

+1 :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

+1 :thumbs:

and here too :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!