trillium13

Creationists to build "full scale" replica of Noah's Ark

63 posts in this topic

Editor's Note: This story comes from CNN Affiliate WLWT in Cincinnati, Ohio.

The Creation Museum will announce details Wednesday afternoon of its planned expansion.

Answers In Genesis, which built and operates the religious-themed attraction, plans to build a full-scale wooden replica of Noah's Ark based on biblical descriptions.

The $24.5 million project will be constructed by the same team that built the Creation Museum.

The religious ministry is soliciting online donations to help construct the project, which they expect to draw an estimated 1.6 million visitors per year.

Ken Ham, president and CEO of Answers In Genesis, cites poll data showing that an estimated 63 percent of Americans would visit a full-scale replica of Noah's Ark if one were built in the U.S.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/01/full-scale-replica-of-noahs-ark-planned-for-outside-cincinnati/

I really am amazed that people believe the Noah's ark story actually happened.

24q38dy.jpg

The Creation Museum will announce details Wednesday afternoon of its planned expansion.

Answers In Genesis, which built and operates the religious-themed attraction, plans to build a full-scale wooden replica of Noah's Ark based on biblical descriptions.

The $24.5 million project will be constructed by the same team that built the Creation Museum.

The religious ministry is soliciting online donations to help construct the project, which they expect to draw an estimated 1.6 million visitors per year.

Ken Ham, president and CEO of Answers In Genesis, cites poll data showing that an estimated 63 percent of Americans would visit a full-scale replica of Noah's Ark if one were built in the U.S.

http://religion.blog...ide-cincinnati/

i would... and i do

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

http://religion.blog...ide-cincinnati/

I saw a program about the Ark on one of the cable channels. One of the statements made in the program was that the Ark could not have been built to the dimensions given in the Bible with the tools that were available at the time that the Ark was supposedly built. It will be interesting to see how they build their so called "full-scaled wooden replica."

Edited by CarlosAndSveta

Exactly. What I find more egregious is the creationism theme parks that try to integrate dinosaurs into theology.

In this case, they are one and the same.

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/exhibits/

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

i would... and i do

U believe god told a dude namednoah that he was sick of the humans he created and that he was feeling genocidal so he planned to drowned them all? What a horrible story. How many men, women, animals, and children did god murder? That isn't mentioned is it? What was the point again in drowning everyone? Really stupid fictitious story.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

U believe god told a dude namednoah that he was sick of the humans he created and that he was feeling genocidal so he planned to drowned them all? What a horrible story. How many men, women, animals, and children did god murder? That isn't mentioned is it? What was the point again in drowning everyone? Really stupid fictitious story.

Literature is full of what you call "stupid fiction." Have you read the Iliad and the Odyssey?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like and respect you nab. :) But I do not remotely see how this could have ever possibly actually happened.

perhaps the story is to the extreme on what was put onto the ark, but if you look at many ancient cultures, the great flood itself probably did indeed happen....

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would want to visit a full-scale replica - sounds pretty cool.