acoban

Before I mail I-130...

70 posts in this topic

Thank you push.

If I created another package today and mailed it tomorrow (with the correct payment of course), would that be okay- since my first package will definitely be rejected due to the incorrect payment? More importantly, would that be smart? The only thing I would include differently would be a non-certified copy of my Marriage Certificate versus the certified copy (which I believe is just fine).

man O man sorry to hear about your problem :crying:

i am no expert but if it was me, hell yes send a 2nd packet out ASAP with the correct payment

best of luck

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Filed: Timeline

Thanks both.

I actually had my wife send 3 copies of the G-325A to me so I have another with her original signature on it. Looks like I'll compile a new package today and mail tomorrow, only after speaking with the Post Office in my town. It's possible, because I handed them my package yesterday at 3:53pm, that it's still in their position at their location -- as today they are closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Maybe I should sit their from 6am on tomorrow in case somebody begins loading mail at that time!

I thank you again once more push, greatly.

• 1 month later...

Also, as I'm preparing documents for the NVC interview (which is still months away), I had a question regarding the I-130 Guide here on VisaJourney.

Under Interview Forms, it says: "Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the spouse or benefitiary."

So, because she is the beneficiary, she only needs 2 passport photos of herself, and nothing from me for the interview, correct?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

@ Harpa

OK, I will use normal postal mail so address is correct. Thanks!

@ pushbrk

I will change my cover letter and application assembly according to your suggestions. I will also NOT include a CD but print the pictures accordingly. Thank you!

I still need to make sure I input my wife's Swiss address correctly... that's on me.

Now, I AM a Newb. I was using an immigration lawyer but I found him to be incompetent and wanting to overcharge. So, I have a couple more questions I'd really appreciate confirmation on.

1. I petition for the I-130 only, right? I don't petition for anything else until the I-130 gets approved? (doesn't matter if I went K-3 or CR1?)

2. Any estimate as to how long it will take for an I-130 to get approved?

Thank you all!

Your application should take about 5 months for approval. However, if it trends like last year, those who filed in the beginning of the year tended to complete USCIS within three to four months. Also, please do not send the cd. I sent a small phtobook with different pictures of our engagement and wedding. Only petition for the I-130 as the I-129 will be administratively closed at NVC so don't prolong your wait at USCIS for something that will be administratively closed?

I agree with push, do not add spouse's passport bio now. Do it at NVC in this case if your significant other has to change passport you will have updated information

Good luck.

Marriage: 09-12-2009

USCIS

4-26-10 Sent of I-130

10-07-10 Approved

10-12-10 Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

10-12-10: NVC has application but case number yet to be assigned.

10-18-10: Case number assigned.

10-19-10: Provided both email addresses

10-23-10: DS-3032 emailed; no response

10-28-10: Received IIN, dithering around instead of paying the fee

10-30-10: DS3032 Kit and I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment; In Process

11-03-10: I-864 AOS status 'PAID"; printed cover sheet and mailed I-846EZ package

11-04-10: I-864EZ AOS received and signed by N. Visa Center

11-05-10: DS-230 IV fee ($404) online payment

11-17-10: AOS entered into the system

12-03-10: IV fee paid ($404); In Process

12-06-10: DS-230 IV status 'PAID',

12-07-10: IV package mailed out

12-08-10: DS-230 IV package delivery; signed by N. Visa Center

12-14-10: DS230 entered into system; yay

12-29-10: SIF

12-30-10: Case Completed @ NVC

Total days @ NVC:79 I-130 to Case Complete 249 days

Consulate

08-25-11: Consulate Interview Schedule

xxxx: Medicals

10-20-11: Interview 8:30AM Need Co-sponsor

11-17-11: Visa granted

12-09-11: Picked up visa from Accra Consulate

filsm5.png

event.png

WZs0m5.png

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Sorry, a third question. About the tax returns that are needed (for the past 3 years), what exactly do I need a copy of? The W2 or 1040? I'm not financially savvy whatsoever so sorry if this is a stupid question.

A complete tax return includes the 1040, all attached schedules and worksheets PLUS the W2 and 1099 forms. It's EVERYTHING you would mail to IRS, if you file by mail.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

A complete tax return includes the 1040, all attached schedules and worksheets PLUS the W2 and 1099 forms. It's EVERYTHING you would mail to IRS, if you file by mail.

Thanks push.

Also, I wanted to check the status of my I-130 here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ChangeLocale.do?localeLang=en

but when I input my Receipt Number, it basically says it's not found. My I-797C notice date is December 9, 2010. Should I be concerned? I will call USCIS on Monday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not a K-3 visa topic - moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...

Hi push, all, hope you're well.

A few questions on the tax return documents for the NVC stage:

1. Are tax transcripts required, or completed tax returns, or both?

2. I'm going to file for my taxes in 2010 as a joint married couple to get a higher return. Any potential risks? My wife in Switzerland will be applying to get a Tax ID number. I'm going through an accountant. I ask because filing as a joint married couple will take a while, and I estimate that I won't be able to request a tax transcript for 2010 in advance for the NVC interview. As a side, I will be financially co-sponsored by my father.

Thanks for your help, all.

Andrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.