acoban

Before I mail I-130...

70 posts in this topic

Thanks for that, and would you or anyone else have any input on my second question?

I am going out on a limb here(others please correct me if i am wrong)

the standard is quite high for a visitor visa to the U.S.

my understanding is that your wife would have to own a bunch of property or a business in her home country.

this is done so she will not overstay her visa.

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i have a question , is it mandatory to send photographs with I-130 form?

USCIS journey:

07/25/2010 - Nikah Day

11/10/2010 - sent I-130

11/15/2010- Priority Date

11/18/2010- Notice Date

03/16/2011- Case has been updated on website

04/20/2011- Received NOA2 approval email (Finally)

153 days from our NOA1 to NOA2 .

NVC Journey

04/05/2011: Received NVC Case #

05/30/2011 - Emailed DS3032 ( moving at snail's pace i know )

06/03/2011 - AOS fee Paid

06/03/2011 - Acceptance of DS3032

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i have a question , is it mandatory to send photographs with I-130 form?

A passport style photo for petitioner and beneficiary are required. Photos together are a good idea but not required. Your question indicates you haven't carefully studied the I-130 instructions. Doing so is critical to your success.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Your wife and son have to prove they have strong ties in Peru to be allowed to enter the US on visitor visas.

Thanks for that, and would you or anyone else have any input on my second question?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Timeline

Finally, mailed the I-130 application today!

I have two questions:

1. What happens next in terms of the timeline for the CR1 Visa? When does my wife receive her interview at the consulate? (I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times before. Please direct me to the post if so.)

2. Can someone please advise me as to what next steps I can take in order to prepare for the next step down the CR1 Visa path?

Also, I just saw that the I-130 Instructions have been revised (11/23/10). Is there a way to view the updated changes alone? Ack... I hope nothing important has changed.

Oh no, I see the filing fee is $420!!! I just mailed my I-130 today 11-24 but my documents are dated from 11-14...is this going to be a problem??? WHAT DO I DO! AHH!

Edited by acoban

Timeline

Also, I just saw that the I-130 Instructions have been revised (11/23/10). Is there a way to view the updated changes alone? Ack... I hope nothing important has changed.

Oh no, I see the filing fee is $420!!! I just mailed my I-130 today 11-24 but my documents are dated from 11-14...is this going to be a problem??? WHAT DO I DO! AHH!

The dates on the documents are not a problem but unless you included the correct fee, your package will be returned intact, so you can write a new check and send it in again.

Finally, mailed the I-130 application today!

I have two questions:

1. What happens next in terms of the timeline for the CR1 Visa? When does my wife receive her interview at the consulate? (I'm sure this has been answered a thousand times before. Please direct me to the post if so.)

2. Can someone please advise me as to what next steps I can take in order to prepare for the next step down the CR1 Visa path?

Click on the word "Guides" at the top of any page here.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You know what, I'm looking on the actual I-130 Form that I sent, and it was revised 6/14/2010, and there is a barcode on the bottom left of the form. On the new I-130 Form found online, it's the revised version dated 11/23/2010, also with the barcode on the bottom left of the form. Because I'm sending the older, but acceptable form, shouldn't the filing fee for $355 ring up when the barcode is scanned? (Is that how it works?)

Or, would they follow the postmark on my mailing envelope?

Also, if anyone has info. regarding the delay I may experience for sending in the wrong filing fee...

You know what, I'm looking on the actual I-130 Form that I sent, and it was revised 6/14/2010, and there is a barcode on the bottom left of the form. On the new I-130 Form found online, it's the revised version dated 11/23/2010, also with the barcode on the bottom left of the form. Because I'm sending the older, but acceptable form, shouldn't the filing fee for $355 ring up when the barcode is scanned? (Is that how it works?)

Also, if anyone has info. regarding the delay I may experience for sending in the wrong filing fee...

Nevermind, they accept older editions. I'm reaching here...

I can see here now: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=92c5e116de9eb210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=5b33aca797e63110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

I have no chance. What's the delay I'm looking at? Should I just submit another application from now instead of waiting to be rejected? Will they eat up my check in either scenario?

Edited by acoban

Timeline

The postmark doesn't matter. It's the day they receive it. It's hard to predict how long the delay will be. It could be as little as a couple weeks from the time you mailed until you have it back. You can turn it around as soon as the same day with a new check.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

The postmark doesn't matter. It's the day they receive it. It's hard to predict how long the delay will be. It could be as little as a couple weeks from the time you mailed until you have it back. You can turn it around as soon as the same day with a new check.

Thank you push.

If I created another package today and mailed it tomorrow (with the correct payment of course), would that be okay- since my first package will definitely be rejected due to the incorrect payment? More importantly, would that be smart? The only thing I would include differently would be a non-certified copy of my Marriage Certificate versus the certified copy (which I believe is just fine).

Timeline

Thank you push.

If I created another package today and mailed it tomorrow (with the correct payment of course), would that be okay- since my first package will definitely be rejected due to the incorrect payment? More importantly, would that be smart? The only thing I would include differently would be a non-certified copy of my Marriage Certificate versus the certified copy (which I believe is just fine).

Another difference is that your foreign spouse's G325a won't contain their original signature but that's not a major issue. You should never have sent the certified copy of the marriage certificate to begin with. That will be needed at the NVC stage.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.