acoban

Before I mail I-130...

70 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

@ Harpa

OK, I will use normal postal mail so address is correct. Thanks!

@ pushbrk

I will change my cover letter and application assembly according to your suggestions. I will also NOT include a CD but print the pictures accordingly. Thank you!

I still need to make sure I input my wife's Swiss address correctly... that's on me.

Now, I AM a Newb. I was using an immigration lawyer but I found him to be incompetent and wanting to overcharge. So, I have a couple more questions I'd really appreciate confirmation on.

1. I petition for the I-130 only, right? I don't petition for anything else until the I-130 gets approved? (doesn't matter if I went K-3 or CR1?)

2. Any estimate as to how long it will take for an I-130 to get approved?

Thank you all!

Yep your petition for I-130 is correct because you are already married right?

As for how long it takes.. I sent in my I-130 Back in the beginning of April. I received my NOA2 on the 28th of Sept.. so Thats a little over 5 months processing time.. I think the most recent timeline is about 5-6 months.. I kept checking online around the 4 month mark.. and found out the case was approved a month before the notice arrived in the mail.. which has definitely helped speed things up when you get to the NVC stage. Once you send in your I-130 and get your NOA1 you can use the receipt number to sign up at the USCIS for email updates and to check the status of your case. Good luck :)

California Service centre

04/05/10: I-130 package mailed

04/14/10: Receipt Date

09/28/10: Approval Date

NOA2 to NVC - 12 days

NVC

10/10/10: NVC Case# generated

10/18/10: IIN Received

10/28/10: Emailed DS-3020

11/06/10: AOS fee PAID,

11/09/10: DS-3020 email is accepted by NVC

11/13/10: IV fee PAID,

hello all i am in the same boat

getting ready to send off my I-130 & G325a's

i hope i don't screw it up too bad :(

should i send any wedding pictures along with my forms , if so what size?

also is it best to go with a moneyorder for the $355 ?

thanks

piglett

06/05/2010 wedding Cajidiocan, Philippines

11/17/2010 I-130 packet sent

11/23/2010 petition has been received and routed to the Vermont

Service Center for processing!!!

11/27/2010 NOA1 recieved by mail

04/23/2011 NOA2 recieved by mail....what a slow process : (

07/22/2011 AOS fee sent in also choice of address & agent form sent

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

02/28/2012 medical done ONE DAY !!!

03/14/2012 VISA APPROVED : )))

MY PICTURES http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/piglett2195/

hello all i am in the same boat

getting ready to send off my I-130 & G325a's

i hope i don't screw it up too bad :(

should i send any wedding pictures along with my forms , if so what size?

also is it best to go with a moneyorder for the $355 ?

thanks

piglett

Edit: oh also do i just make the moneyorder out to the USCIS???

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

Filed: Timeline

@ Aussie

Thank you.

More newb questions:

1. After the I-130 is approved, how long can my wife stay in the country for? Does she still come in as a tourist?

2. What about while the K-3 (or CR1) is pending? Can she stay here for an extended period of time?

Edited by acoban

No.

Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, unless:

A. If you live in Guam and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Treasurer, Guam.

B. If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands and are filing your petition there, make it payable to Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands.

C. If you live outside the United States, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for instructions on the method of payment.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No. This question indicates you failed to carefully study the I-130 instructions. This is a critical mistake. Study them now, so you'll avoid other issues you don't know you don't know about.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

@ Aussie

Thank you.

More newb questions:

1. After the I-130 is approved, how long can my wife stay in the country for? Does she still come in as a tourist?

2. What about while the K-3 (or CR1) is pending? Can she stay here for an extended period of time?

1. not related, I-130 approval and stay in country.

2. no.

some light reading?

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No. This question indicates you failed to carefully study the I-130 instructions. This is a critical mistake. Study them now, so you'll avoid other issues you don't know you don't know about.

how was i to know that i just didn't know, :blink:

thanks

piglett

08/22/2011 IV fee paid

Timeline

how was i to know that i just didn't know, :blink:

thanks

piglett

You know by carefully reading all form instructions.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

@ Darnell

Thank you

A "final" question... (I think). Is it okay if my passport-style photo has an off white background? My wife's looks perfect. Mine, however, is... off white. Has anyone ever heard of an application being rejected for an off white solid background on the passport-style photo?

Edited by acoban

Timeline

Also, under Alien Registration Number on both the I-130 and the G-325A Forms, would I put None or N/A for my wife? Which is more appropriate?

You put "none" (if she has none, because the question is definitely applicable. Read the instructions for the passport style photo again for the answer to your question about that.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Ack, and another paranoid question. Before I had decided to fill this stuff out on my own, I was using a paralegal to assist me.

Under "This form is submitted in connection with an application for" ...On my wife's (the Beneficiary's) G-325A Form, he checked off "Other (Specify)" and wrote "I-130 by my husband, NAME". Is this correct? Or, should I check off "Status as Permanent Resident"?

Ack, and another paranoid question. Before I had decided to fill this stuff out on my own, I was using a paralegal to assist me.

Under "This form is submitted in connection with an application for" ...On my wife's (the Beneficiary's) G-325A Form, he checked off "Other (Specify)" and wrote "I-130 by my husband, NAME". Is this correct? Or, should I check off "Status as Permanent Resident"?

And for that matter, should I check off the same for MY (Petitioner) G-325a?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.