cookieandcream

Numerous Questions, Please Help I am LOST!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

I understand I am way behing on the understanding,

I am French and getting married to my fiance next week,

I am in the united states on a B2 visa ( 180 days ) ending dec 22.

I want to fill for an AOS,

So I am gonna send the forms ( I 485 ans I 130 + plus medical + work and travel doc ) but I haven't done anything so far so here are my question,

- Prior to sending all the forms do I need to fill something else?

- Whats is my Alien reg # ?

- which family name should I use? the married one or not?

- which adress : PO Box or home ? I want my mail to go to my PO Box

- regarding my current occupation : I am taking care of my 2 year old son ( his father is my fiance ) , sould I put none or homemaker?

-What is my non immigrant visa number? Is it the control number on my visa ( b2 ) or the admission number on the I 94

-Regarding where my visa was issued, I went to the embassy in Paris so should I put Paris?

- regarding the I 485: what is the priority date ( apparently located on the petition for approval notice = what is that? )

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you need to filled i-130, i-485, i-765, i-864,G-325,I-693 and ur husband will need to filled out 1 of G-325 for is self too , all the fees an require document with those so read each form to see wat require,, you don't have a (A #) as yet so u can leave that blank.you should use the name u have on ur passport.. uscis don't deliverer to PO box so don't use ur PO box... you on a B2 visa you or not allow to work in the US, so i well suggest for you to put unemployed.. yes ur visa number is the control number on ur visa.. yes u should put the state an city for which ur visa was issue u can put paris an which ever city it was issued.... u well not need a priority date bc a visa well automatically available to you bc u well be consider as a immediate relative..

read dis guides it well give u everything you need to start ur petition

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

Timeline

I guess I don't have an alien reg number, and i now know the number in red on my visa is the visa number

7/28/04 we met

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

02/11/11 AP in hand

Thank you visa journey!

Lots of questions. I will try to answer as many as I can here...

- Regarding which forms to fill out, refer to the guides you've already been linked to. It's not just forms, you have to have other documents and evidence attached, so be sure you go through that checklist in the guide carefully!

- Regarding your A-number, I don't think that you get one for a B-2 visa, but I'm not exactly sure. Did you get any other paperwork with your visa?

- For names used, anywhere that it says "Name" put the name you want to use going forward. If you want to change your name to your husband's name, then you should use your married name. If you want to keep your name, just continue on. If you are changing your name, be sure to include your maiden name in any field called "other names used"

- Current occupation is none. Although there is a sort of feminist idea that taking care of the home is equal to a job, for US immigration purposes, taking care of YOUR home, is not a job. (Taking care of others' is...)

- Yes, if you interviewed for the B-2 in Paris, the visa was issued in Paris.

- As an immediate family member of a US citizen, you have an immediately available visa, so the priority date doesn't really effect you. Where are you seeing a request for a priority date? I just skimmed through the form and didn't see it - can you tell us the specific question number?

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Timeline

the Priority Date was the on the processing sheet for form i 485 ( it says its located on the petition approval notice )

Thank you soo much!!!

7/28/04 we met

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

02/11/11 AP in hand

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas" as you are adjusting from a B2 visa and the prior forum is for K1, K2, K3 & K4 **

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

So I am gonna send the forms ( I 485 ans I 130 + plus medical + work and travel doc ) but I haven't done anything so far so here are my question,

- regarding my current occupation : I am taking care of my 2 year old son ( his father is my fiance ) , sould I put none or homemaker?

-What is my non immigrant visa number? Is it the control number on my visa ( b2 ) or the admission number on the I 94

-Regarding where my visa was issued, I went to the embassy in Paris so should I put Paris?

- regarding the I 485: what is the priority date ( apparently located on the petition for approval notice = what is that? )

Visa number is seen RED on your visa.It's on the right side .It's not either the control number or the number on I94

11/8/10: Medical exam

11/12/10:Get married

11/19/10: I-693 sealed.It means my chest x ray is fine :)

11/20/10: Package [ I-130,I-485,I-765] sent to Lockbox

11/22/10 [Day 1]: Delivered there

11/29/10 [Day 7]: Return receipt from USPS

12/13/10 [Day 21]: Texts and email received [ after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

12/16/10 [Day 24]: Snail copy received

12/18/10 [Day 26]: Every single form touched

12/20/10 [Day 28]: Biometrics letter received

1/13/11 [Day 51]: Biometrics done

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

2/04/11 [Day 72]: Second biometrics done

2/15/11 [Day 83]: EAD in production.

2/18/11 [Day 86]: Interview letter received, set for March 21

2/22/11 [Day 90]: EAD mailed out.

2/25/11 [Day 93]: EAD received

3/21/11 [Day 118]: Interview but left with no decision ToT

3/31/11 [Day 128]: RFE regarding police clearance

4/13/11 [Day 141]: RFE sent

4/19/11 [Day 147]: Card in production

4/22/11 [Day 150]: Welcome2USA letter received

It took 5 stressful months exactly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hello,

is your fiancee a us citizen?

Timeline

is your fiancee a us citizen?

ok so you will have to complete the following forms:

I-485(Adjustment of status)

G-325A(biographic information)

I-131(travel permit)

I765(work permit)

I-693(medical exam, which you will need to look up in your state a uscis aproved doctor, then the dr will run the tests, and give you a sealed envelope, that you will put in your AOS package-sealed!!)

you husband completes the following :

I-130

I-864

G-325A

I see you already got all the other questions answered.

When you are done completing the forms, we will let you know what you should submit with every form.

Is your husband a US citizen? Is he going to sponsor you?

Also, i am in the same exact situation, came on a B2 visa. you will have an interview in few month after you send in your AOS package, at the interview you will have to prove that 1.the relationship is real(which i dont think its a problem in your case since you guys already have kids together) and 2. that you did not entered US with the intent of getting married. that is called visa fraud, and can have many repercussions, that i dont even want to think about.

let me or us know if you have any other questions.

Timeline

ok so you will have to complete the following forms:

I-485(Adjustment of status)

G-325A(biographic information)

I-131(travel permit)

I765(work permit)

I-693(medical exam, which you will need to look up in your state a uscis aproved doctor, then the dr will run the tests, and give you a sealed envelope, that you will put in your AOS package-sealed!!)

you husband completes the following :

I-130

I-864

G-325A

I see you already got all the other questions answered.

When you are done completing the forms, we will let you know what you should submit with every form.

Is your husband a US citizen? Is he going to sponsor you?

Also, i am in the same exact situation, came on a B2 visa. you will have an interview in few month after you send in your AOS package, at the interview you will have to prove that 1.the relationship is real(which i dont think its a problem in your case since you guys already have kids together) and 2. that you did not entered US with the intent of getting married. that is called visa fraud, and can have many repercussions, that i dont even want to think about.

let me or us know if you have any other questions.

also if you havent legally changed your name, i would sugest just go with your maiden name, as it will be more difficult traveling and etc, having you old passport with your maiden name and the green card with your new name, you will have to travel withy your marriage certificate to prove the name change....i just kept my maiden name, and change it when hopefully i do my naturalization(geting the citizenship).

also you dont have a alien number, and the visa number is the red one-as you now know, your visa was issued in paris, and you should put none if you are a homemaker, also if you want your po box use that. the last question i dont know where you got it from.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.