Rickey

California Service Center To Texas Service Center

5,981 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Which says that you have to claim foreign income but get an exclusion for under $93,000. However, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

for the tax question see if this link makes it easier to understand

http://www.aca.ch/brunaltx.htm

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-09-2011 Sent both packages to NVC

03-28-2011 Case complete

03-31-2011 Expedite Request Sent

s-event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am the beneficiary, and that is why I am thinking to update or change my passport, because they ask for the bio sheet and I supposed that the visa will have the name on my passport and it'll be better if it has my husband last name

it doesnt matter, all that matters is what the passport says when you have your interview. It will not make any difference for NVC.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: Timeline

Little tax information. If your spouse is a non-resident alien, IRS wants you to claim “Single” on you W-4. Yes, you can apply for the ITIN, but IRS prefers you to apply for ITIN only if your spouses have no chance of getting a SS in the future. They don’t want same individual with a SS & ITIN because it will create confusion in the future. Before you claim your spouse on your tax return or apply for an ITIN, consult with your Accountant first.

Please don’t quote me on this because this is the way I understand IRS language. I could be wrong and also please let me know if I am wrong.

Saylin, very nicely done CSC to TSC Transfers Data Spreadsheet!!! I love the colors

Hehe, thank you! I had fun :D

NEGATIVE....

According to the dude (man) at the IRS office yesterday.... you do NOT have to claim your [out of country] spouses income on your return if you are filing jointly (with ITIN). The reason being.... they didn't pay any money(ies) to the US Government (IRS). The exact example that I gave him was....

"My wife is in Brazil, we are currently going through the immigration process. She has not lived here or earned any money here (in the US). Can we file "Married/Jointly"? He said .... YES....

Next question... Do I need to include my wife's (foreign) income on our tax return? He said.... NO, she did not pay taxes to the US Government... so, NO... you do not include her income.

Makes sense to me.... but.... if you have different info... please let me know before I go through this lengthy pain in the butt process of ITIN...

Erick

That's weird, cause I asked the same question to an IRS agent last week and she told me that my husband would have to report my foreign income. Oh no, the IRS is starting to resemble NVC operators who give out conflicting information blink.gif

Timeline

Has anyone made an inquiry with the National Customer Service Center? Any progress?

Also, where is the TSC spreadsheet?

Cheers

No progress whatsover, but I havent made an inquiry. Its been a little less than 2 weeks since I received the email from Officer Garza, and nothing since. Two weeks have also passed from the time I mailed the USCIS ombudsman form and I havent heard anything back.

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

Has anyone made an inquiry with the National Customer Service Center? Any progress?

Also, where is the TSC spreadsheet?

Cheers

Spreadsheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtbvTEwLyHz1dFg5U1g1UGd1RTQwZWF1V09UTnY4dWc&hl=en#gid=0

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've decided to refile at CSC with a request for expedite and hope that the person there takes mercy on me.

I'm thinking of going that route too. My husband is the USC who filed for my kids, but I'm having my interview in a few days to be USC. And God-willing I will pass that interview, then cancel the previous petition which was transferred to TSC, and after that petition the kids myself. I figured, if it takes TSC that long to give the NOA2 due to the volume, and then take them a long time again to send it to NVC, we'd be better way off just refiling.

Going back as well to PI once I get my passport.

May the Lord bless all our plans, as this whole process has been depressing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As I understand correctly and please correct me if I am wrong. I wish to file "married filing jointly" with my non-resident alien wife. As with all the info I got from you guys (I still will check with my accountant) I will make a statement stating myself as a USC and my wife as a NRA and state that we would like my NRA to be treated as a U.S. resident for the tax year and have it signed by both of us, also fill form W7 to get an ITIN, than I will state her income on my tax papers and have it excempt since its way less than $91,500. All this for a lousy 3K deduction :rofl:

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes it's so hard. I hope there will be approvals this week. Don't be bitter or sad because it won't change the situation. It'll all be over one day!

And last night I had a dream that I had a charge on my bank statement for $404 from NVC and that I had already been approved and paid and just hadn't realised. Then I woke up.

:crying:

I see that I'm not the only one having dreams and having all those thoughts. It gets harder every day it past by and not seeing anything clear but The one and most important reason is that I'm faithful and trust in Our God and know that He has a plan for each one of us we juts have to hold on to Him and wait... hard to say but Im sure He has a lot of good things to come also I get kinda happy when I think and know that this whole proses its only one time deal...

06/19/10- NOA1 - Received

11-02-2010 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

Timeline

I dont understand why you are thinking of refiling...is it really worth it to wait another 3 months and pay another $355??

7/2/10- NOA1

NVC

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

Timeline

What deduction? You'll pay approximately 1/2 of the tax you would normally pay because every tax bracket approximately doubles for a couple. That's more or less correct. I've even seen accountants submit their W-7 at the same time as their 1040 and just write "applied for" in the space for SSN and attach their application.

As I understand correctly and please correct me if I am wrong. I wish to file "married filing jointly" with my non-resident alien wife. As with all the info I got from you guys (I still will check with my accountant) I will make a statement stating myself as a USC and my wife as a NRA and state that we would like my NRA to be treated as a U.S. resident for the tax year and have it signed by both of us, also fill form W7 to get an ITIN, than I will state her income on my tax papers and have it excempt since its way less than $91,500. All this for a lousy 3K deduction :rofl:

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-28-2011 Case complete

s-event.png

Timeline

It's the principle of the matter. I'ts not really about getting my spouse here anymore. More important is to teach USCIS a lesson.

I dont understand why you are thinking of refiling...is it really worth it to wait another 3 months and pay another $355??

07-20-2010 NOA1

02-11-2011 NOA2

03-28-2011 Case complete

s-event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.