Danno

NPR Fired Juan Williams over this.

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:rolleyes:

Rob do you care to address the point being made.

Why? It's a fairly inane topic.

He said something stupid, on-air, he got fired. It happens all the time in radio and t.v.. Where is the big deal? I really don't understand the complete outrage coming from the conservatives about this matter.

He said something stupid, on-air, he got fired. It happens all the time in radio and t.v.. Where is the big deal? I really don't understand the complete outrage coming from the conservatives about this matter.

Of course you dont understand...wait for it

This guy was fired for a BS reason and your argument is that "it happens all the time" weak!

Edited by _Simpson_

Timeline

Of course you dont understand...wait for it

This guy was fired for a BS reason and your argument is that "it happens all the time" weak!

Simpson, seriously, stop trying to be a troll, you're a failure at it.

He was fired for saying something that is insulting to some people. You don't have all those luxuries that the first amendment affords you when you are an on-air talent. Either deal with it and move on, or don't and pick another line of employment. Your feigned outrage at his termination is laughable.

Simpson, seriously, stop trying to be a troll, you're a failure at it.

He was fired for saying something that is insulting to some people. You don't have all those luxuries that the first amendment affords you when you are an on-air talent. Either deal with it and move on, or don't and pick another line of employment. Your feigned outrage at his termination is laughable.

In a nutshell what he said was not outrageous or insulting... to people who arnt walking around looking for the next crack in the road.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Juan has been trying to serve two masters since he joined Fox in 1997. NPR just called him on it. That's what he gets for appeasing bigots. BTW, Juan isn't only Black, he's also Hispanic. Look for Geraldo to chime in soon.

Timeline

In a nutshell what he said was not outrageous or insulting... to people who arnt walking around looking for the next crack in the road.

That is your narrow opinion of what he said.....

Filed: Timeline

Firing someone for confessing a fleeting concern seems a tad over-reactive. Using a confession as an excuse to fire someone you've been wanting to fire for a long time seems more likely.

It's George Soros. His $1.8 million came with strings. Anybody that is a regular on FNC, will be terminated for cause. Next in line for termination is Mara Liasson.

Related story:

FOX News Expands Juan Williams’ Role in New Multi-Year Deal

NEW YORK--(EON: Enhanced Online News)--FOX News has re-signed Juan Williams to an expanded role with the network in a multi-year deal, announced Roger Ailes, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, FOX News. Currently a contributor and a regular substitute host for The O’Reilly Factor, Williams will host the primetime program tomorrow night for Bill O’Reilly and will appear as a guest with him tonight.

In making the announcement, Ailes said, “Juan has been a staunch defender of liberal viewpoints since his tenure began at FOX News in 1997. He’s an honest man whose freedom of speech is protected by FOX News on a daily basis.”

Williams joined FNC in 1997 as a contributor and is a regular panelist on FOX Broadcasting’s Sunday morning public affairs program, FOX News Sunday, as well as the weekday political newscast, Special Report with Bret Baier. In addition to his more than 10-year career with NPR, where he was a senior national correspondent and news analyst, William had spent 23 years at the Washington Post. During his tenure at the Post, Williams covered every major political campaign from 1980 to 2000 as a national correspondent and a political columnist.

Williams’ career in media spans back several decades across many platforms. A recipient of several awards for his writing and investigative journalism, he also won an Emmy Award for television documentary writing and has received widespread critical acclaim for numerous projects, including a series of documentaries such as “Politics: The New Black Power” and “A. Phillip Randolph: For Jobs and Freedom.” Additionally, he is the author of six books, including the non-fiction bestseller, “Eyes on the Prize: America’s Civil Rights Years, 1954-1965” and “Thurgood Marshall: American Revolutionary.” Williams has also written numerous articles and has contributed to many national magazines including TIME, Fortune, The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic, Ebony and GQ.

FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour general news service covering breaking news as well as political, business and entertainment news. For over 100 consecutive months, FNC has been the most-watched cable news channel in the country. Owned by News Corp., FNC is available in more than 90 million homes.

http://eon.businesswire.com/news/eon/20101021007069/en/FOX-News-Expands-Juan-Williams%E2%80%99-Role-Multi-Year

YOUR FIRED!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I listen to NPR.

I find this very disturbing, It contradicts everything they stand for, or I thought they stood for.

They take Government money, they have to be held to a higher standard.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”