Danno

NPR Fired Juan Williams over this.

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

not pent up anger. just tired of listening to the BS being spewed here daily.

Sounds to me like you've made up your mind about Public Television and Radio and nothing's going to change your mind about it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

npr yup. npr lost direction from it mission years ago. might as well change the name to ssn...soros smear network.

Where is this Soros/NPR connection coming from? As for losing its direction - do you mean when the Right Wingers defunded public radio and television, making them more and more reliant on sponsorship from corporations and wealthy donors? There are those who don't believe in the concept of public radio or television and I would guess you fall in that category?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Soros has 'donated' a significant sum directly and indirectly.

Some may construe the sacking as part of the deal.

I could not possibly comment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

surely you remeber the 'learn to speak tea bag' cartoon. how about terri gross calling many conservatives opinion 'not worth more than a pitcher full of warm spit'? no balls? you ever turned down a paycheck? yah me neither. don't blame fox or jaun for npr being fucktards or cashing in on it. blame npr for boosting fox's viewership & filling jaun's pockets...dumbasses.

News organizations have for a long time invited writers and cartoonists to provide commentary in the opinion section of the newspaper or website for a very long time. Buts clearly marked as opinion and not passed off as news. Most often journalists working for the news organization are now allowed to write opinion pieces.

There is nothing wrong with that, as long as the demarcation between opinion and news is clear.

I'm not sure why Terri Gross is even coming into this. She hosts an art and entertainment program and not involved in news. Nor is she directly employed by NPR, her program is distributed by NPR.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

hells ya

sonal+chauhan+in+a+hot+green+T-Shirt+and+-+Sexy+Jeans-11.jpg

Not bad..... but don't forget to keep up with that eyebrow waxing or she takes on a whole nuther look.

B-)

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

News organizations have for a long time invited writers and cartoonists to provide commentary in the opinion section of the newspaper or website for a very long time. Buts clearly marked as opinion and not passed off as news. Most often journalists working for the news organization are now allowed to write opinion pieces.

There is nothing wrong with that, as long as the demarcation between opinion and news is clear.

I'm not sure why Terri Gross is even coming into this. She hosts an art and entertainment program and not involved in news. Nor is she directly employed by NPR, her program is distributed by NPR.

jaun's comments were on the oreilly factor, an entertainment opinion news program. terri gross came into this when you asked this question:

Considering is generally more on the liberal end of the spectrum, how do you figure?

a far left loons opinion broadcast by NPR is good. a liberals honest opinion on a conservative's opinion program broadcast on another network is bad....36 hours later bad enough to get fired. NPR is a far left bias network.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

the oreilly factor, an entertainment opinion news program.

He's never entertained me. Pulling crabgrass from my lawn is more entertaining.

Now Colbert, that is entertainment. Lehrer, that's news. And Shields & Brooks - that's opinion.

The good stuff is out there, you just need to know where to look.

I must have listened to a different npr. Far left bias lol.

Not everything is about politics.

Not sure I would say far left but it is definitely left.