moroccogirlny

Online dating scam

26 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to find sympathy for anyone who falls for this #######. I mean, come on now.

Hey, did I tell everyone I won 3 million British pounds this weekend? I got an email that said so, so I know it's true!

You too? Let's celebrate together. I just need US$1000 for the deposit on the Elks club in Nigeria.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

just how much canadian tire money can one bring into the usa?

LOL NONE!! Canadian Tire "money" is forbidden in all areas outside of Canada. I know what you are thinking - "No it isn't"....Well it SHOULD BE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This kinda stuff is so stupid, I hardly think it qualifies as a "scam".

I mean this is like playing the shell game with a street hustler and he never even showed you the pea to start with.. or after the shuffle.....he just says you lost so you pay him... and then play again.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel for the woman, that's a lot of cash...but at the same time.....####### WAS SHE THINKING?

I'd ask that for any of these "Nigerian" type online scams and phishing attempts. How can people still be fooled as these scams are as old the Internet and probably older?

My email filter outs a lot of these but it's amazing to see how many I still get and I've never sent them any money. There must be a fresh crop of suckers out there.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I'd ask that for any of these "Nigerian" type online scams and phishing attempts. How can people still be fooled as these scams are as old the Internet and probably older?

My email filter outs a lot of these but it's amazing to see how many I still get and I've never sent them any money. There must be a fresh crop of suckers out there.

Whenever I see thosein my span folder I am thinking "Wow, someone took all this time to type out all this #######, it MUST be paying off somehow"

I once came across a website where a dude contacted these people and even met with them just to hand them over to the police...and publish all the email/phone excanges on the website. It was awesome!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whenever I see thosein my span folder I am thinking "Wow, someone took all this time to type out all this #######, it MUST be paying off somehow"

I once came across a website where a dude contacted these people and even met with them just to hand them over to the police...and publish all the email/phone excanges on the website. It was awesome!!

You mean: http://www.419eater.com/index.php

419 Scambusters. The Trophy room is fun - they get the perps to post for photos with signs like this:

patrick.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm sure most have discovered copy and paste.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

THat might have been it. Not sure as it has been a long time. But thanks for the link, I am sure this will make for some great entertainment!:thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

i'm sure most have discovered copy and paste.

Yepp, but someone was typing it at some point...and then there are so many different ones too. I should archive all the different kinds I recieve all the time.;-)

I have to say though, once I was tempted to fall for it, I wasn't promised anything but I got an email from a former key spouse of mine, saying they were in England and got all their papers and credit cards stolen and now they had to figure out what to do.

I felt sorry, replied, wishing them good luck and to let me know if there was anything I could do.

The reply came just minutes later: "Wire us $2000 via western union" and then a few more emails asking if I already wired the money.

I just wondered how it was possible to recieve an email from her actual email address? I guess someone hijacked her complete account...

Anyway, those people always find new ways to scam people, and some are pretty smart about it too...

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

I am sure that this woman is just lonely in life and was reaching out for anyone to give her their time. I hope the guy gets what he deserves in the end. What goes around comes around.

Capturec.JPG?psid=1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yepp, but someone was typing it at some point...and then there are so many different ones too. I should archive all the different kinds I recieve all the time.;-)

I have to say though, once I was tempted to fall for it, I wasn't promised anything but I got an email from a former key spouse of mine, saying they were in England and got all their papers and credit cards stolen and now they had to figure out what to do.

I felt sorry, replied, wishing them good luck and to let me know if there was anything I could do.

The reply came just minutes later: "Wire us $2000 via western union" and then a few more emails asking if I already wired the money.

I just wondered how it was possible to recieve an email from her actual email address? I guess someone hijacked her complete account...

Anyway, those people always find new ways to scam people, and some are pretty smart about it too...

This happened to my mother recently. Someone hacked into her Yahoo email account by guessing her password (it wasn't very secure, obviously). They then created another email address the same as my Mom's but with one letter change - a 'v' instead of a 'u'. I.e. if the original was abcu@yahoo.com, the new one was abcv@yahoo.com, something most would not even notice. They then changed the reply-to header on her real email account to point to the fake one, and then sent an email to everyone in my Mom's contact list (including me of course) indicating that she was in Spain, in trouble, lost her wallet, need to pay a hotel bill, sob-story like that. Of course I and all of her immediate family knew this wasn't true and that her account was hijacked by a scammer, but a more casual acquaintance may have fallen for it and "replied" to the impostor address. I immediately contacted Yahoo on her behalf and had them shut down the fake address, and then helped my Mom to change her password and revert the reply-to header.