StupidJourney

I figured out why USCIS takes so long!!!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I cannot understand why people feel it is necessary to be so uncaring... but it no longer surprises me... for people seem to thrive on that here

People? On this thread I've only seen ONE person exhibit any behavior like that. EVeryone has been pretty caring and supportive on here so far as I can see. Broad generalizations like that based on ONE person on this thread are inaccurate

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this thread yes there is only one person... but this sort of thing happens a lot now... it never used to be so. So if that is a broad generalization in your opinion, then I would say you need to take a closer look at what goes on in other threads.

Paul and I met on the Bazaar on the 14th January (he joined my progressive rock forum that day)

July 3rd he flew to England to meet me

We fell in love while he drove all over the place coz I cannot read maps (we were supposed to go to Ingleton - but touched Darlington 4 times, Pierce Bridge 6 times, Scotch Corner twice and Bernard Castle twice and we never did make it to Ingleton)

It has been so long and so much has happened in between...

Arrived in Houston on October 29th 2006

Married 17th November 2006

Lost my father 8th January 2007 (all dates are a blur after this)

Conditional Green Card dated 24th October 2007

I-751 posted on 6th August 2009

Received on 7th August 2009 in VT

Melo's Prog Bazaar

CTTE

Filed: Timeline
I think I am going to wait until things cool down a bit before officially withdrawing my petition, but just so you know VP he actually asked me to cancel the petition. It was his idea, not mine, even if I am the one who actually has to do it (even though, like I said, I'm going to wait to see if he cools down some.) So it's not like I'm dumping him because of his ultimatium, it's more like he's acting on his words. And I did offer the compromise of coming over there in december, because i don't want to wait a long time without him either, and the praciticalities of my situation don't allow me to just jump on the next plane, but he was unwilling to wait until december. and i thought it was sweet for like the first 2 days, and then it turned into 6 hour daily video chats that consisted of "come back. please. please." "well, there's that whole issue of money." "all you care about is money." "no, that's not what I mean, I mean I have maybe 1/3 of the plane fare in my checking account, so it's kind of impossible." "well, can't you ask your parents, you know the people who refuse to speak to me?" "Umm, probably not such a good idea." and this goes on for 6 hours, only to be repeated the next day. and that's been going on EVERY DAY since I got back july 26.

anyway, thanks everyone for all the advice.

You know what dear? You really don't have to explain yourself to me. I was in a bad mood yesterday and I apologize for taking it out on you.

I don't really think you should be discussin this in an open forum though because if he was to see it, it might make things worse.

I hope you get everything worked out (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

sonicliz, good luck to you!!! my prayers are out to you (L)

hugs,

Tara

Edited by Ionescu

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I guess this thread is long enough and my contribution isn't necessary!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I understand the agony (as we all do) in being without your other half. I can be needy with my fiance but we try to control our temptation to fly over to the other side of the world too often because ultimately we want to set ourself up comfortably when we finally get the visa.

VP was aggressive and as immature as they come. I believe some people join forums just for the sake of a good argument.

If you look at the top of the page, this website is called VISAJOURNEY.COM, THE FAMILY IMMGRATION COMMUNITY. And that's what we are for each other, a community. Personally I find it easy to talk here, somewhat anonomously, rather than go telling all my problems to my family and friends. Lets face it, long-distance love can be tough and we all have our good and bad days!

There is no harm in holding off withdrawing your application. Sometimes a moment apart can give you more clarity and willingness to compromise (he may change his attitude).

Goodluck with whatever you decide :)

Edited by michellek1976

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Update: We made up! :wub: We've worked through our problems! Too bad we're too far to REALLY make up! If you really want to know, you can send me and an email so I can "maturely" discuss it in private! :luv:

timeline doesn't matter.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

It's great that you made up. This is the reason why I hate when people automatically tell the OP to dump him/her and start comparing their wonderful successful relationships to the OP's. The key is communication and Lord knows how hard that is being so far away but sometimes it can be tough when together as well. I just keep in mind that no matter what happens we are both in it for the long haul...it's really hard to be in a relationship when every little fight results in one or both parties wanting to end it. Getting some time to cool off and then talking it out really works.

Edited by Nizzy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
VP was aggressive and as immature as they come.

Hmmm... I think I said I'm sorry already... would you like me to draw some blood? :blush:

here is the ceremonial dagger. you know what to do with it. fires up the alter and lights candles. :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
It's better to find out a mans quirks sooner than latter. Good on you for standing up for your self.

I think that's important...to stand up for oneself. Whether it is the man or the woman, it's best to know all that up front before making a permanent committment. While I wouldn't normally encourage a person to "dump" their SO, if there are definate warning signs, then I think those should be taken into consideration.

Sonicliz, I am glad things are working out. Hope things continue in the direction you both want. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I cannot understand why people feel it is necessary to be so uncaring... but it no longer surprises me... for people seem to thrive on that here... one reason why I spend less and less time here... this is no longer a place where one can feel supported... there is always someone trying to drag another person down... and it is sad.

I agree, Tracy

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Update: We made up! :wub: We've worked through our problems! Too bad we're too far to REALLY make up! If you really want to know, you can send me and an email so I can "maturely" discuss it in private! :luv:

Glad to hear! This is an overwhelming process and very hard to get through. I know we have had our moments too. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

old thread alert!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!