one nation

n400

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi!!!i m going thru roc for like year and 5 months and everybody is telling me to file n400!!!i need help somebody to tell me how to apply for n400 without i-751 been adjucatet !!!if there is anybody that know how to do it please help me!!!do ypu think that is good to hire a lawyer or it is easy enought to do it by ourself!!!thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I don't really know , I wish some members have experience can help you.

Good luck.

Sam

I know, says to enclose a copy of a current valid green card, all we had has an expired green card with that crazy one year extension. So copied both of those and sent that in with our application. Wife's ten year card came in about two weeks before her scheduled interview, made a copy of that and she brought that in plus her new card. If that didn't come in, would have brought in her current valid passport with an I-551 stamp in it as some others had to do.

This is still a problem? Doubling the application fees was suppose to fix that, just like tossing a lot more money for our public education system was suppose to fix that. What they really need to do is to hire an old DI with a big boot to kick some butts. A job that I would love to have. But have to admit, I would go nuts looking at the same forms day after day with the same old questions day after day. Probably would end BSing about how we are going to spend our Veterans day off or what we are going to do when we retire with 75% pay and full medical benefits when we hit 55 years of age.

hi!!!i m going thru roc for like year and 5 months and everybody is telling me to file n400!!!i need help somebody to tell me how to apply for n400 without i-751 been adjucatet !!!if there is anybody that know how to do it please help me!!!do ypu think that is good to hire a lawyer or it is easy enought to do it by ourself!!!thanks

Yes - you can apply for N400 while ROC is still pending. Once you are in the process, and about to be naturalized, they will adjudicate your I-751.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline

On second reading of 17 months in the ROC stages, are you maintaining legal status as your one year extension should have expired 5 months ago. They leave that up to you with an infopass appointment and either getting an I-551 stamp or an I-94.

Based on a two year conditional card plus and extra year and five months, already eligible to apply for US citizenship, but based on marriage.

Timeline

yes i have the stamp in my passport and im still legal here!!!!

Would sent in a copy of your expired green card, expired one year extension, and a copy of your passport, first two pages, and the page with that stamp in it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so - (echo'ing what NickD is saying)

you got that I-797-C notice, the receipt of ROC 'thing' - that has the 1 year extension in it, right?

SUBMIT A COPY OF THAT with a COPY of the expired greencard,

plus copies of the passport pages that have the additional (I assume 2 now) I-551 stamps in them,

when you submit the N400 app.

Include a cover letter covering WHY you don't have any 10 year card in yer submittal.

and that's it.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

i don't have a copy from my green card !!!is that ok !!!!after i submit that with my application are they gonna ask for something more or no!!!thanks

tell me what to do when i do not have copy of my green card!!!!

You don't have a copy of your conditional card? How about the mailer in which it came? You do have to submit the copy of the green card (front and back) as part of the N400 process.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you have a copy of your green card included in your ROC files? Did you make a copy to keep for yourself? Do you still have the original green card since you didn't have to turn it in, or is that lost somewhere? Can you find it if it is lost? You really should send a copy of the green card (the expired 2 year card, not the 10 year card that you don't have) if you can.

When you file for citizenship, it will force USCIS to make a decision about the ROC file if it still hasn't been decided, so filing for citizenship is one of the best ways to get USCIS moving.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Do you have a copy of your green card included in your ROC files? Did you make a copy to keep for yourself? Do you still have the original green card since you didn't have to turn it in, or is that lost somewhere? Can you find it if it is lost? You really should send a copy of the green card (the expired 2 year card, not the 10 year card that you don't have) if you can.

When you file for citizenship, it will force USCIS to make a decision about the ROC file if it still hasn't been decided, so filing for citizenship is one of the best ways to get USCIS moving.

How did you get your I-551 stamp? We were told to bring in the expired green card and one year extension notice. Like an idiot, I didn't know about bringing in two passport photos for both my wife and daughter for the I-94 at the time, so we made a trip way down to Chicago to renew their foreign passports that were about to expire as well.

By some weird stroke of life, this was on a Monday, infopass appointment was Wednesday, when we got home late at night, their ten year cards were in the mail, so could cancel that infopass appointment. Two weeks earlier, had contacted my senator's office to learn our application was "misplaced" from the transfer from Nebraska to California, didn't think they would find it that soon, but never requested a backup copy we already had made. Wife's employer was ready to suspend her, was really a tense time for us.

So how long is your I-551 stamp good for, had some friend where they would only give 15 or 30 days. Didn't you make inquiries about your ten year card? Have to say, never heard about fives months after the expiration date, you set a new record for delays. And what will you do if your I-551 expires. I said the hell to my wife carrying her green card and one year extension. Made colored copies of it for her to carry with the originals locked up in a safe. This was after reading the huge expense and extremely long delay of replacing a lost card. But had to carry the originals with me when we left the country, carried those in my inside jacket pocket with a zipper closure, to easy for someone to snatch my wife's purse.

Did read about people will that had to surrender their cards for the I-551, that is entirely stupid. Didn't think it was right for my wife to have to surrender her ten year card BEFORE her oath ceremony, should have been a even trade when they handed her certificate. She felt naked during that hour wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.