Jwhmartin

Need Advice Quickly - Arrested Getting Divorce trying to remove condit

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Guys need your advice urgently - im getting divorced before the 2 years of marriage, she is great and said she will help me get the conditions removed (she wanted a divorce to have time apparent to see if i can get my life in order, if i can get my life together in 6 months she will take me back - i believe her, she doesnt want to leave me, its been very hard on her). the divorce is finalised on november 9th.

she says she will help me stay, however here is the problem, i have been arrested 4 times for public intoxication (this is texas so PIs are a minor offense), i have 2 charges related to minor motoring offenses (parked illegally etc) - i have also a charge of unsafe speed coming up next month.

Should i just assume i have no hope of getting the conditions removed and leave all these problems behind me? it will break my heart to leave and never see my wife again. or ex wife as they are gonna look at it.

I want to stay and get back with her, i can prove the marriage was entered into good faith, i have a good job here and her family will also help me if they are needed. She said she will go with me to the interview and tell them she has divorced me to make me get help and sort my life out and that we plan on getting remarried if do (we actually do plan on this.

your advice will be appreciatedm, thanks guys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Apparently we have very judgmental jerks, also. The OP is looking for advice, not an editorial.

OP, I can't help you much with your question. It is my understanding that, as long as you have very good, extensive evidence of a marriage in good faith, you will be OK. Your divorce has to be filed before removing conditions, and you will have to file a waiver to remove the requirement to file a joint application with your spouse.

Check out this thread...Divorce before removal of conditions...

The truth hurts. I would be more understanding if he had only been arrested once but four times in two years is crazy. I seriously doubt if his conditional status will be removed.

The truth hurts. I would be more understanding if he had only been arrested once but four times in two years is crazy. I seriously doubt if his conditional status will be removed.

i dont think so either, i have alot of issues, i just need to make the decision on where to sort them out - it wont be my native country,

honestly i would like to stay here, i have a very good education and a good job here - like valerie says i taught that proving the

marriage was entered in good faith was enough - as long as it wasnt a serious incident

Edited by Jwhmartin

You will have to answer the question on the form that starts with---Have you ever been arrested.......

If you will download and read the instructions to the form I-751, it gives some specific information about what you must provide if you have a criminal history.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

You will have to answer the question on the form that starts with---Have you ever been arrested.......

If you will download and read the instructions to the form I-751, it gives some specific information about what you must provide if you have a criminal history.

I have already done do, I can provide this info, my question is there any point in doing so

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

does anyone have anything positive for me? still need to make the decision...

If you really want to stay here and your wife is willing to help you through the process even though you are in the process of getting divorced then I say go for it. Send in your petition for removal of conditions. What do you have to lose?

If you really want to stay here and your wife is willing to help you through the process even though you are in the process of getting divorced then I say go for it. Send in your petition for removal of conditions. What do you have to lose?

+1. If you do not try then the results are certain.

My suggestion is to enter a program like AA or Recovery to show you are trying to make progress. This should help in both your ROC case and with your family.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Go to a doctor and get documented proof you are attempting to quit drinking if that's the case. If you aren't trying to stop then you're running a couple quarts low. :help:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

man, you certainly put yourself in a tight corner but all is not lost. You will most definately be called for an interview looking at the divorce and most importantly the 4 arrests :no: . Get all documents pertaining to the marriage including the divorce decree and file alone. She will not be able to attend the interview with you because she will not be any part of the ROC (Not filing jointly) and they won't want her in the room. The previous poster suggested you enter AA not only to use it as a tool to get the conditions lifted but to seek help. get lots of evidence and hope for the best. You won't be able to get citizenship looking at your rap sheet but that should be the least of your worries. Good luck and let's know how things go for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Honestly, I am quite confused as to why your wife is divorcing you IF she is giving you 6 months to get it together? That makes no sense to me. A separation, sure, but divorce is pretty final in my opinion.

Are you SURE she isn't yanking your chain?

With that being said, STOP driving, and I agree you should voluntarily enter some kind of rehab or alcohol cessation program.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Honestly, I am quite confused as to why your wife is divorcing you IF she is giving you 6 months to get it together? That makes no sense to me. A separation, sure, but divorce is pretty final in my opinion.

With that being said, STOP driving, and I agree you should voluntarily enter some kind of rehab or alcohol cessation program.

i have just discovered some horrifying things about my so called wife.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

the divorce is finalised on november 9th
from the OP. Seems the case was already filed with the courts so seems no yankin of the chain.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.