Jwhmartin

Need Advice Quickly - Arrested Getting Divorce trying to remove condit

33 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you can actually withdraw it - this is something i have dicussed and it is a possibility

what are my odss of getting the conditions removed when im still married?

While you're "still" married is a very gooood chance most definitely than being divorced since that is the "true" reason the conditional residence was granted.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
from the OP. Seems the case was already filed with the courts so seems no yankin of the chain.

Hmmm, I wasn't clear. Are you sure she is not yanking your chain about getting together with you again if you straighten up? I realize the divorce was already filed, I read that.

It seems VERY odd to me, to get a divorce and say you'll marry someone again in 6 months if they straighten up. That sounds like a woman politely saying "Get out of my life (yes, I'll sign your RFE to get you gone), and I am going to appease you by saying other things with the hope you leave like I want".

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Honestly, I am quite confused as to why your wife is divorcing you IF she is giving you 6 months to get it together? That makes no sense to me. A separation, sure, but divorce is pretty final in my opinion.

Are you SURE she isn't yanking your chain?

With that being said, STOP driving, and I agree you should voluntarily enter some kind of rehab or alcohol cessation program.

I agree with Rob and Jill. First of all, admit that your Ex is gone. Otherwise, a marriage is not a joke. Lets me friends, Lets not.. OK, lets be friends again in 6 months. I have a feeling you would be wasting your time and money here. I feel sorry for you, but I doubt that the outcome would be positive. A lawyer would tell you otherwise, since he sees Green. Once he milks you for the last few $'s, he'll throw in the towel too. That said, there is no harm in applying. What have you got to lose. Just don't back on your Ex anymore. She is irrelevant to your case from now on. Good Luck

IR5 For Parent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

i have just discovered some horrifying things about my so called wife.

So what did you find out ?

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i have just discovered some horrifying things about my so called wife.

Fill Me In

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Timeline

I was the wife. I have been threatened by his family that he better not have issues with his green card. I have had to have protective orders on both myself and my child against him. He has been arrested numerous times after this post. This seems to be someone that duped me into marriage for a green card. He even filed fake assault charges against me because he would get an automatic green card. The charges were dismissed because I had proof that I was not there. He seems to be posting on this board trying to get advice on navigating the system. He is a raging alcoholic and xanax user that is going to hurt someone behind the wheel. It is very sad and he doesn't want help.

I was the wife. I have been threatened by his family that he better not have issues with his green card. I have had to have protective orders on both myself and my child against him. He has been arrested numerous times after this post. This seems to be someone that duped me into marriage for a green card. He even filed fake assault charges against me because he would get an automatic green card. The charges were dismissed because I had proof that I was not there. He seems to be posting on this board trying to get advice on navigating the system. He is a raging alcoholic and xanax user that is going to hurt someone behind the wheel. It is very sad and he doesn't want help.

So was the ROC approved or rejected? In over a year's time since he posted, you would have known the decision.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

yikes.

what a thread.

hope all is well, however it ended. kinda hoping the gentleman was not approved. :/

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

So was the ROC approved or rejected? In over a year's time since he posted, you would have known the decision.

I don't know. I didn't have the divorce finalized until Feb 2011. Then I started to find recommendation letters from people I had never even met. Two of the people were men that had never met me once and the letters said they knew me, my child and that he was a good person that tried to salvage his marriage. He has been terminated from two jobs (really good jobs) and tormented myself and my child. We tried to get him help, but he wouldn't. If people heard the real story they would be shocked. I still am, but I shouldn't haven't married him. I should have waited longer. The family seems to be scam artist as well.

Looks like a clear case of fraud. USCIS does take fraud seriously, so you may want to think about reporting this to them.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

have you contacted ICE (immigration and customs enforcement) to report that he may have used fraudulent documents?

sounds like a scary situation and a very unpleasant guy. hope you are going okay and moving on.

maybe this little cat will help? cat-hug-smiley.gif

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Orp You need to worry about you #1 and your child #2 , he is about #99999. It sounds like both you and your child would be better off if immigration helped your ex understand that America is not the place for him. Call ICE and show them the restraining orders and write a statement that you have never even met the people vouching that they have known you. You have gotten out of this relationship live and talking, the next woman may not be so lucky.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Orp You need to worry about you #1 and your child #2 , he is about #99999. It sounds like both you and your child would be better off if immigration helped your ex understand that America is not the place for him. Call ICE and show them the restraining orders and write a statement that you have never even met the people vouching that they have known you. You have gotten out of this relationship live and talking, the next woman may not be so lucky.

After continued harassment by him I did a search and found that he posted here from his user name. At that time when he posted this, I was already very afraid of him, scared of what he might do. It seems like he was already trying to "line" things up and only wanted a green card - not sure the reason as he can't keep a job and the people he knows are only through the bars and pubs. The police are well aware of him, but actually said if he gets his 10 year, just let him get it. I have written emails threatening me. It is very odd how he wrote on here that I was horrible. Just want to go on and forget about this incident in my life.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

After continued harassment by him I did a search and found that he posted here from his user name. At that time when he posted this, I was already very afraid of him, scared of what he might do. It seems like he was already trying to "line" things up and only wanted a green card - not sure the reason as he can't keep a job and the people he knows are only through the bars and pubs. The police are well aware of him, but actually said if he gets his 10 year, just let him get it. I have written emails threatening me. It is very odd how he wrote on here that I was horrible. Just want to go on and forget about this incident in my life.

You need to report this all to ICE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The police don't usually report things to immigration. You need to . To protect yourself and your daughter. If you have recieved emails that threaten you you need to report each and every one of them. If there is a restraining order then report the email contact as it is also prohibited. If it is his family get restraining orders against them. If you aren't sure let the authorities figure it out. You are making yourself a victim if you let it go.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.