Andy and Kayla

September 2010 K1 Filers

1,456 posts in this topic

What happened Mel, if you don't mind me asking? I'm going over to see my fiance in about 2 weeks. Now you've got me scared! I thought it wouldn't be too much of a problem since we couldn't get married there even if we wanted unless I had a visa to do so?

You can get married without a visa, but you would have to go back to your respective countries, ditch the K-1 and file for CR-1.

This is the reason for always taking as much evidence as is possible of ties back home.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What happened Mel, if you don't mind me asking? I'm going over to see my fiance in about 2 weeks. Now you've got me scared! I thought it wouldn't be too much of a problem since we couldn't get married there even if we wanted unless I had a visa to do so?

Keep in mind, this was before I filed and having entered the UK two years before for an extended stay aswell(6 weeks that time).

It might of been because I was staying 3 months(which is a long time to be fair). The lady i was dealing with seemed angery(or just annoyed in general), first asked me what I was here for. I don't lie or anything, so i said to spend the summer with my boyfriend of 4 years. She jumped to if we were going to get married, and I said not for awhile cause I had college to finish. She asked tons of questions about how we met(and didn't just stop at "the internet" she asked what game we met on even!), how long we were together, where I was staying. She asked for his contact information, so I gave her the housenumber(cause calling his mobile normally is expensive Idk the number off hand), and then demanded for a mobile number the moment the 019 popped out of my mouth. She took my passport and went off somewhere for awhile and made me sit down and wait.

During that time I amused is when she(or someone else idk for sure) CALLED him and asked him the same questions! The moment I got through I was ranting about the hold up(cause the first time, it went really quick) and he told me he got called by Immigration to confirm who i was!

I was so scared during the whole thing as the wait alone was around 30-40 minutes. i really don't know what set them off for such a dig. I brought about 2k american with me to support myself while staying with his family. I was really nervous, but I was nervous the first time and got let in after "visiting my boyfriend and staying with his family" basically.

I flew into Manchester btw, and was not the only person getting made to wait that day. so i don't know WHAT was up :s

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

Ah, okay, I'm only going for 8 days so I hope it'll be okay. I'm flying through Heathrow too. I'm planning on bringing my lease and a copy of the NOA1, as well as my itinerary (for this trip and the next trip I have planned in March, just to show I'm not staying!) I hope it'll be okay... :P

I'm not sure where I got the idea that you can't get married in the UK without a visa? Or maybe it's the waiting period I was thinking of... I'm only there for 8 days, and isn't the waiting period 15?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah my long stays were most likely the problem(though to be honest, If i pay 1k to fly i'm staying as long as work lets me!). So hopefully only 8 days will be quick.

08/31/10: Mailed I-129f package via Express USPS to Lewisville TX.

09/01/10: Forwarded to Dallas from Lewisville.

09/02/10: Delivered to USCIS and signed for by Ben Mcbride.

09/09/10: Check cashed!

09/11/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/03/10! & Touched!

09/13/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched!

02/28/22: NOA2

03/08/2011: NVC received

03/17/2011: London received

03/24/2011: Packet 3 received

05/25/11: Mailed part 1 of Packet 3

??/??/11: Mailed part 2 Packet 3

??/??/11: London logged packet 3

??/??/11: Medical

??/??/11: Interview

s-event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Are some of you guys going to the States for Christmas and New Years? Thats what I'm planning to do. Im still a student and was in the US for 2 months on my summer break. Now Im planning to go for 4 weeks during my winterbreak. Does anyone see a potential problem?

K1:

09/17/10 - I-129F filed

09/20/10 - Package arrived in Dallas,TX

09/22/10 - NOA1 (e-mail), routed to VSC

Ah, okay, I'm only going for 8 days so I hope it'll be okay. I'm flying through Heathrow too. I'm planning on bringing my lease and a copy of the NOA1, as well as my itinerary (for this trip and the next trip I have planned in March, just to show I'm not staying!) I hope it'll be okay... :P

I'm not sure where I got the idea that you can't get married in the UK without a visa? Or maybe it's the waiting period I was thinking of... I'm only there for 8 days, and isn't the waiting period 15?

If you work, good evidence of you returning home would be a letter from your employer. Get them to confirm in the letter that, as your employer they have authorized your vacation time, and that they expect you back on a certain date.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello everyone,

well I was almost beeing sent back home yesterday at POE JFK. No joke, and an experience I will never want to have again. Also wont have to, cuz I got threatened not to enter the US again until I have a granted K1.

Funny Story is, with the first Officer everything went fine:

OF:Business or Pleasure?

me: pleasure, but not really cuz my grandmother is really sick and I hope to see her alive.

OF: I am sorry to hear that, have you been here before?

Me:yes

OF:When was the Last time ?

Me: A month ago and I didnt plan to come back this quick but this is a special circumstance

OF: Stamps and Nods.

ho

I continue to get my luggage,find it right away and wanna proceed through Custom Declartion when some one decided of them, cuz they must have been bored, cuz I was one of the last persons to clear immigration ( cuz it was BUUUUUUUSY) to take me aside and look through my Passport.

When they found a various Number of STamps ( since I was mostly the one visiting my Fiance most of the time within 2 yrs), they got suspicious and entered me in their little sneaky ####### computer. Well me and my fiance went to Canada for Vacation and I guess that officer over there must have made some remarks already under my name,cuz after digging in there,...they started DIGGING DEEP.

They took everything apart, my clothes,luggage and started mad questions, of course the usual,how I support myself, who gives me money, why can I go away so often from Germany,who do I know over here, do i work,do i have an own apartment, what does my fiance do,what is his name, how long we known each other,... They even had the guts to ask how much longer my grandmother has To LIVE because i have my return flight for december, so if he was that sick why would i have to stay that long !!!!!

That just startled me and i started crying..

Telling him that we are going the official way of the K1 didnt make any difference, he was just asking : "Oh how is that working out for ya"..

I had Binding Ties,Bank Statements,Insurances of my Car,my Car Papers, and an OFFICIAL Letter by my Lawyer that I have to return to attend in civil court as a witness. They didnt even CARE.

So then it was time for my wallet,and in my wallet supposably what they found must have been so startlin that the supervisor had to come and check everything out. I had various "Business"Cards from Friends that are Photographers. Especially now that my fiance and I are planning our wedding I needed those,t hats why they were in there, but they assumed that I PLAN to work with those photographers,asked me about every single card..

When i told them to call them and verify they dropped it and were interested in calling my mother to see if she would varify my intention of coming back to my Homecountry.

I wrote down the number, turned out, they just tried to mindfuck me right there again. Cuz they never called.

Supervisor and Officer were taking a Moment aside,before mad notes were made in the Computer and the Threat Spoken: Not to return without any Visa Approval of my K1 cuz otherwise I will get denied next time...I wonder what they wrote down int he computer,

but you guys can trust me : not gonna try again to see my fiance until I have some APPROVAL !!!!

I dont wish this on anyone!!

OMG thats so scary and awful! I hope your grandmother is doing OK though...

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Anyone that has been several times for a longer time in the US to see their loved one, will get a deeper closer look.. Even I had binding ties but they didnt care anymore at that point. Make sure to take enough CASH with you, cuz they doubted my amount of cash would be enough for the duration of stay, though i tried to explain to them i dont pay for housing and food and my fiance supports me.

I am happy about my Noa1 now though

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Last night we purchased my next ticket down to see A for Thanksgiving. I have a return ticket and will be able to bring some cell phone and credit card bills with me, but other than that I don't have many of the best ties. :\ I'm living with my mother to a) save money and b) because I was still finishing schooling in 2009 and am currently not working so it will have to do. I can bring a bank statement showing the amount of money I have to support me.

It's only for 13 days so hopefully they aren't too tough on me - my last 2 trips have been longer (6 weeks at the beginning of the year, after I finished school and then over the summer) so they'll probably have some questions. We're still well under the 180 day limit for Canadians.

I'll probably also bring a copy of the I-129f package we sent in as well as a copy of the check receipt and NOA1. I know being in the process can go either way, though - some border guards cab see that you're doing things the legal way and you've already sunk $455.00 into the process and you're in the system so it would be hard to lose track of you and some see it as confirmation that you do want to stay, eventually, and they get a little paranoid.

I'm very nervous but I guess there's not a lot I can do until the morning of November 16. Any advice or words of wisdom would be super, though, as well as some ideas for ties without a mortgage or employer letter.

Edited by Andy and Kayla

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

I too, am flying to be with OH over the holidays and im staying for 8 weeks. I, too, am also crapping myself about POE. There is no way of being sure that you wont get some horrilble person on a power trip thinking they can take advantage of you doing nothing wrong and making you feel like you are a criminal. If there is one thing in this world that truly bites my ankles - its this. We are not doing anything wrong and they make you feel like a total criminal just because you wish to visit your other half during holidays. Id like to see half of those officers go through what we have too and then tell themthey cant spend thier holidays with their loved ones and see how they feel for once. I know they are only doing their job but c'mon guys we are already in the legal process so surely we want to do things the right way and why on earth would we muck up this process when weve come so far.

Sorry rant over but it really gets my goat that they can bully you over something that is perfectly legal and in fact a basic human right. :angry:

I will, be taking all I can with me to prove ties back home but it doesnt help that they put you in a awful situation to begin with to make you feel like you have personally gone out of your way to piss them off!!

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This might be addressed somewhere in the 14 pages of postings :wacko:, but...

Is this thread intended for VSC only, or CSC too?

Good luck to all! Watching VSC compared to CSC, I sure wish I lived east of the Mississippi right now...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good luck everyone!!!! I guess I am technically an October filer, but there is no thread yet, so I wanted to pop in here. Maybe I should start an October thread :) I just wanted to ask a question... in a lot of your timelines I see that your packages were sent to Lewisville, and forwarded to Dallas, where they were signed for. How did you determine that?

I am a little worried because I sent mine, via DHL because I sent it from here in Mexico where I am visiting my BF, to the Lewisville Street address marked for express mail. It was received and signed for there on 10/5, but that is where the DHL tracking ends. How will I know if it was forwarded and is in correct hands? How do you determine this? I hope I get more info soon!

K-1 Visa Journey

October 1, 2010: I-129F sent

October 5, 2010: I-129F received

October 12, 2010: NOA1 e-mail received, routed to VSC

October 16, 2010: NOA1 hard copy received (dated October 7, 2010)

April 18, 2011: RFE e-mail

April 20, 2011: RFE hardcopy received

April 20, 2011: RFE response sent to VSC

May 2, 2011: E-mail confirming VSC has received RFE response

July 27, 2011: NOA2 e-mail received (9 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (292 days) after NOA1

July 30, 2011: NOA2 hard copy

August 4, 2011: NVC received case

August 8, 2011: NVC forwarded case to US Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico

August 8, 2011: Consulate received case

August 25, 2011: Consulate mailed packet 3

September 3, 2011: Received Packet 3 in US

September 20, 2011: Interview! Not enough information in the system to make a decision

September 26, 2011: K1 visa approved and received via DHL

October 20, 2011: POE at Phoenix, Arizona

October 26, 2011: Married

AOS Journey

11-7-2011 - AOS package sent to lockbox in Chicago, IL

11-9-2011 - AOS package delivered and signed for

11-15-2011 - NOA1 e-mails received (NOA1 date November 10), routed to NBC

11-16-2011 - Check Cashed

11-21-2011 - Hard Copies & Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

11-29-2011 - Biometrics done via walk-in! (Originally scheduled for 12/14/11)

12-2-2011 - Case transferred to CSC

1-17-2012 - EAD/AP Card Production Ordered

1-25-2012 - EAD/AP card received in mail

3-7-2012 - RFE issued

3-19-2012 - RFE response received by CSC

4-4-2012 - Green Card Production!

4-10-12 - GC received in mail

January 3, 2014: ROC

This might be addressed somewhere in the 14 pages of postings :wacko:, but...

Is this thread intended for VSC only, or CSC too?

Good luck to all! Watching VSC compared to CSC, I sure wish I lived east of the Mississippi right now...

It was intended for VSC but I don't think there are very many CSC posters so a couple have wandered over here. :)

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.