ace13

Do you recycle?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Only 5% of Indy residents recycle :( I wasn't even aware of a curbside pickup in our community. When I mention it to people, they say recycling causes air pollution :angry: Do you recycle? Just curious.

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't currently, but I think my SO has plans to when she gets here and takes over.

הנפלים היו בארץ בימים ההם וגם

אחרי־כן אשר יבאו בני האלהים אל־

בנות האדם וילדו להם המה הגברים

אשר מעולם אנשי השם׃

I am suppose to but I always forget to :blush: and there no way Im rummaging through garbage to seperate it once its all yucky.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We recycle bottle, can and magazines. Currently living in an apartment so its fairly easy to recycle as they have the bins on each floor. When I owned my house in Victoria recyled as well. They came around every 2 weeks and picked it up. Was no extra fee. I belive one could actually get fined if you did not recycle there.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I have never recycled because the whole thing confuses me of this for that and the other!

The other week we tied together lots of cardboard from the bathroom we had put in new, all tile boxes sink boxes etc etc,,,,we left them where the dustbins go,,,,a few days later I noticed that the bins had been empied ,,,so I left them a few more days thinking it was obviously another day for that,,,,a week later I rang the town hall to "give them a piece of my mind,,,after all we pay alot in taxs" only to be asked how long you lived in this town 2 years was my reply,,,,and you have never thrown cardboard out,,,no never! what about magazines, newspapers,,,,erm,,,I started to think here,,,no we don't have such things here,,, :huh: he than asked me what about tin cans,,,err,,,I don't have tin cans :hehe: ,,,,he then said well for you information there is a recyle point,,,,oh where I asked,,,he told me,,,,then said,,,so in 2 years you have never brough anything to the recyle point :oops::oops: err no i replied,,,,THANK GOODNESS HE DIDN'T ASK FOR OUR NAME! :blush::blush:

Making note: must recyle or keep mouth shut! :ranting::blush::blush:

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

Making note: must recyle or keep mouth shut! :ranting::blush::blush:

:lol::lol::thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Recycling gained about as much popularity in the States as the metric system.

If they wouldn't make it so darned hard, I think more people would do it. It's very easy overseas. In some countries there are recycle bins right next to the trash bins (or dustbins for you UK folks!) Here, most municipalities require glass, plastic, and paper to be sorted, cleaned, neatly stacked, etc. If you make Americans work a little harder, they're not going to do it. It has to be convenient. Hell, these are the same people that are too lazy to get out of their SUVs and walk into McDonalds to get their happy meals.

"Sort my garbage..... yeah right!"

Actually, recycling is awesome! You can recycle all your beer cans and have enough money to get more beer! Now that's an incentive even ex-Texas governors would go for!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Oh, oh, I do, I do!!!

Here in Portland Maine, they make it very easy. You can put all your plastic, glass, cans and cardboard in a big blue box, and they collect it on the same day as the rubbish. :yes:

Admittedly, Chris and I tend to take the glass, plastic and cans down to the supermarket, because they have a redemption centre there and we're one of the states where you get paid to bring these things back. We have a big plastic tub which lives in the kitchen, and when it's full we just stick it in the car. It couldn't be much simpler!

:star:

Make sure you're wearing clean knickers. You never know when you'll be run over by a bus.

Filed: Timeline

In Indy, they charge $5/month for curbside pickup. If you drop it off at the grocery, it is free.

I wish it was easier to recycle. The $$$ is an incentive for some--in other states, but here in IN you get no money for depositing back glass bottles.

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I recyle all our house hold stuff here in the UK and I know my husbands family in NY do the same, as it goes I dont know one single person down my street that dont recycle :innocent:

Almost done with it all

sometimes... :whistle:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

i don't but when Stewart is here, he makes me. I think it's bigger in Australia.

when I lived in NYC and HAD to - i was lost

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Oh yeah we recycle here and when i get over there im gonna make my man do it as well :devil:

And no, its not THAT hard to figure out :no:;)

The world around you gets hazy and the only thing you focus on is you and that person. And for that one moment you've been given this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry at the same time because you're so lucky you've found it and so scared that it will go away.