elmcitymaven

Getting MPs involved in the process

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

"Eligible for an interview" just means they have your info at the Embassy. Get an interview date within the next week or you're still just "waiting on line" like the rest of the UK hopefuls....

Exactly as I predicted. There's just no winning with you lot. Yes, it's just a curious coincidence that the status of my case changed on the heels of me contacting somebody influential within your state department.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh my God, these two aren't even real, peeps. This is a total wind up.

How do we know you're real? :hehe:

I've not attacked anyone here. Please just leave Marlea and I the he1l alone. We've done nothing to you, so back off. The only thing I ever see you post is antagonizing towards anyone you deem deserves it that day. It's a wonder you've not been permabanned.

I've read many of your posts, and you do attack, both melissa and julian. I don't particularly like them myself, but I keep snide comments where they are unwarranted to myself. You would do well to do the same. It would also be a good idea if you read the terms of service for this forum. Then you might see that I have done nothing to warrant a suspension let alone a permanent ban as you suggest.

I have just spoken to the state department, who report that I am now eligible for an interview. Seems my MP's office have moved things along after all.

Your MP didn't get anything done on your behalf. He may have "contacts" within the U.S. government, but unless he or she knows someone on the level of a foreign minister, they have no real contact with anyone of substance.

Julian, I don't think asking you to post proof that it works is being unreasonable. I could come on here all day long and say I am a one eyed one horned flying purple people eater, and it does not make it true.

If you GENUINELY can show PROOF that calling your MP worked and sped up your case, you will have a sincere "THAT'S AWESOME THANKS FOR HELPING OUT OTHERS ON VJ!!!" from me.

Until then this thread is exactly what it is...you assuring people that it will work, and others repeatedly saying it doesn't work and there is a time proven process that you must follow the procedures to get it all wrapped up. Please PROVE IT WRONG, I would LOVE to see everyone get their visa process sped up!

Jill, you are deluded in thinking that julian either gives a ####### , or that any sort of proof is owed to you.

Edited by Rob & Mel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
But don't bloody well call me a liar.

Where did I call you a liar? All I am saying is if you are going to insist that going outside of the box worked for you, then I think it is fair to provide proof of that statment. The difference is that people could provide back up paperwork for the "normal" activities that are part of the immigration process. However, if you tell me it only cost you $350.00 to file a K-1 when it costs everyone else more than that, I am going to ask for proof. Anyone with half a brain would ask for proof.

Jill, you are deluded in thinking that julian either gives a ####### , or that any sort of proof is owed to you.

RobandMel, you consistently come to the UK forums to attempt to stir trouble, cause grief, and harass. You AGREE per your own words that calling an MP is not helping, yet you're still trying to bait others. Run along.

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Exactly as I predicted. There's just no winning with you lot. Yes, it's just a curious coincidence that the status of my case changed on the heels of me contacting somebody influential within your state department.

Your fiance posted on her blog a few days ago (I just read it today) that your P3 had been logged. That means you have been eligible for an interview since it was logged. You claimed you called your MP late on Friday, she posted first thing Monday morning that the P3 had already been logged. From that, I can tell that the MP had nothing to do with anything and you are now eligible because they finally got to your paperwork.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Timeline

RobandMel, you consistently come to the UK forums to attempt to stir trouble, cause grief, and harass. You AGREE per your own words that calling an MP is not helping, yet you're still trying to bait others. Run along.

Oh jill, you poor poor miscreant. I don't come to cause grief or harass, I do however call out people on their bullsh!t. Yes, I agree that contacting an MP is a frivolous pursuit, but it his right to try to expedite their case in any manner he likes. However unlikely as I see it, it is technically possible that his family does friends high enough that could contact a senator or congressman on their behalf. Unfortunately, that is something that would only be available to someone who had contact with an MP on a personal level. I'm not baiting Jill, I just point out your delusions that melissa and julian or anyone for that matter should actually post proof of what they claim. But you just keep thinking that way. :lol:

Timeline

Just so you dont' think that i'm here for your winning charm Jill, I am sponsoring a family member who is immigrating to the U.S.. So I read information from this sub-forum to pass along to my cousin, and for my own knowledge base.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I really don't want this forum to be shut down, so how about we all agree that Julian is wasting his time contacting his MP, and leave it at that shall we? Clearly there are those here who simply refuse to correlate the overwhelming evidence as anything but coincidental, so I'll just report on my progress, and you can all make up your own mind hmm?

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

I really don't want this forum to be shut down, so how about we all agree that Julian is wasting his time contacting his MP, and leave it at that shall we? Clearly there are those here who simply refuse to correlate the overwhelming evidence as anything but coincidental, so I'll just report on my progress, and you can all make up your own mind hmm?

Julian, you are quite naive if you think that a MP in the UK, regardless of stature and relationship has the power, ability, or even connections to affect the immigration process in the United States. At best, he could call the consulate and actually get a real person on the phone to inquire as to the status of the case. But to believe he could actually expedite the case is asinine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

again, cease the bickering or baiting. next instance of a report from this thread will result in thread bans being issued.

thanks for your cooperation.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Oh jill, you poor poor miscreant. I don't come to cause grief or harass, I do however call out people on their bullsh!t. Yes, I agree that contacting an MP is a frivolous pursuit, but it his right to try to expedite their case in any manner he likes. However unlikely as I see it, it is technically possible that his family does friends high enough that could contact a senator or congressman on their behalf. Unfortunately, that is something that would only be available to someone who had contact with an MP on a personal level. I'm not baiting Jill, I just point out your delusions that melissa and julian or anyone for that matter should actually post proof of what they claim. But you just keep thinking that way.

It is in no way delusional to say that if someone is stepping out of the box and it works, to show everyone else how it was done. It is in no way delusional to request proof that his statements have in fact helped him in some way. My stating that the information needs to be proven is NO DIFFERENT then any of the other conversations on the forum that go as such:

You're wrong

No, I'm not

Yes, you are and here is the LINK TO THE PROOF.

I've made my point, you agree with it, and if you don't like that, perhaps that is your issue and not mine.

Edited by Rob and Jill

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Timeline

It is in no way delusional to say that if someone is stepping out of the box and it works, to show everyone else how it was done. It is in no way delusional to request proof that his statements have in fact helped him in some way. My stating that the information needs to be proven is NO DIFFERENT then any of the other conversations on the forum that go as such:

You're wrong

No, I'm not

Yes, you are and here is the LINK TO THE PROOF.

I've made my point, you agree with it, and if you don't like that, perhaps that is your issue and not mine.

It's delusional because an MP has no ability to affect any U.S. immigration. Furthermore, Julian does not need to verify this to anyone as it is not something that would be accessible to anyone who cannot count an MP among their personal friends. Seeing as it is not something that is within their duties, nor do they have any authority or ability to do it. So, even if Julian by some miracle does get some his case expedited as a result of this, it is only because his family have a close, personal friendship with an MP.

Settle down, settle down. I'm just here to clarify a few things here:

1) There is a difference between a packet being "logged" and "eligible for interview". The former means the packet is in the system, the latter means everything's been checked as being good to go, they're just waiting to give you a date. Do I think Julian's MP caused any change in the status from one to the other? Nope. And before anyone says "Oh, but you filed over 3 years ago!" believe me, the terminology hasn't changed.

2) There have been a number of people in the past who have done strange things to speed up interview dates (TimsDaisy springs to mind) where the explanation given never really made sense. People accepted it and moved on. There are sometimes extenuating circumstances that people don't want to talk about or share. As much as it pains me to say it, in most circumstances we just take it as read that this or that certain event or hiccup occurred. We don't expect proof every time someone farts and they think it might have helped the process. In the interests of better forum interaction, we should all -- ALL -- calm down.

3) Rob has just as much right to post in the UK forum as he does to post in any other forum or sub-forum. He has friends who post here (hell, I've posted in the Canada forum too) and if you disagree with him, disagree with the contents of his posts, not the flag on his profile. If he had a Union Jack/Saltire/George Cross/Welsh Dragon next to his name, would you be so upset?

Now, I'm only an organiser and I have no real clout in this forum. But I HATE threads getting shut down. HATE IT. And I know people are reporting this thread not for baiting, or bad language, or racism, or sexist content, but because they do not like the OP and his fiancee. The mods aren't going to get that -- they don't have the time to monitor these threads so closely. It wouldn't be the first time that a thread got shut down when it didn't need to be. Go ahead and hate me, but here's my advice: it's an effing internet forum. Put your big girl pants on and get over it. Ignore the people you don't like (do you KNOW how many times a day I control myself from reporting Gary for borderline misogynistic BS?) when what they're saying doesn't directly affect you. This thread would not have gotten out of control if people knew how to just ignore all the bombast within.

I prefer the UK forum to be a lovely garden of fluffy bunnies and Mint Aeros. Let's all just take a time out and have a drink, okay? I'm having two.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I prefer the UK forum to be a lovely garden of fluffy bunnies and Mint Aeros. Let's all just take a time out and have a drink, okay? I'm having two.star_smile.gif

I'm sitting down...can I have a rum and coke please? :blush:

I've got a bottle of grey goose in the freezer, but I'm out of stuff to go with it. Anyone got cranberry juice they're willing to share??? :help:

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.