elmcitymaven

Getting MPs involved in the process

156 posts in this topic

I might be wrong, this is just me. But I don't think people are going green-eyed monster because you got to spend time together in person often. I think the reason people bring it up is because you yourself often do the "They have THEIR NOA2, they have THEIR interview date, what about me" etc. It's just a way of saying 'they were lucky to get their next step through before you, but you've been lucky to see each other often whilst others haven't been able to' and putting things into perspective.

There was someone in my filing group that had her case lost TWICE by USCIS, so by the time we were getting our visas, she was still putting together another package to send. Then after going to a judge and being told that USCIS must come up with her NOA2 in 30 days and then having that be ignored, she finally gave up after 1.5 years of attempting the K1. Well I heard the other day that her husband has just been granted a visa to HER country, two years after they originally filed for the K1, and they're so happy to finally be able to be together. In a lot of ways, she gets green-eyed that me and my husband were together after 9 months of the K1 and didn't have to go through all that. But in other ways, I get green-eyed that there is a house and job waiting for him in her country, whilst I've been trying to get these things in America ever since I came. Ultimately, they've gone through a lot of pain to be together and I've gone through a lot of pain to make my own life in the US, but no one can say who has suffered more. It's all about give and take, and when you play the game of comparing yourself to others, whether it be about speed of the process, number of visits, ease of transition, etc... it's really a pointless game. My point is, people aren't being jealous of your time together in my view, of it they are it's just in response to your own jealousy about others process.

Try not to stress yourself too much with tying up the loose ends and preparing for the wedding. Julian will be home before you know it, and there will be another big obstacle you have to overcome, and I guess that happens throughout life.

Nicely said, Gemmie.

So much better than what I wrote! :lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I might be wrong, this is just me. But I don't think people are going green-eyed monster because you got to spend time together in person often. I think the reason people bring it up is because you yourself often do the "They have THEIR NOA2, they have THEIR interview date, what about me" etc. It's just a way of saying 'they were lucky to get their next step through before you, but you've been lucky to see each other often whilst others haven't been able to' and putting things into perspective.

There was someone in my filing group that had her case lost TWICE by USCIS, so by the time we were getting our visas, she was still putting together another package to send. Then after going to a judge and being told that USCIS must come up with her NOA2 in 30 days and then having that be ignored, she finally gave up after 1.5 years of attempting the K1. Well I heard the other day that her husband has just been granted a visa to HER country, two years after they originally filed for the K1, and they're so happy to finally be able to be together. In a lot of ways, she gets green-eyed that me and my husband were together after 9 months of the K1 and didn't have to go through all that. But in other ways, I get green-eyed that there is a house and job waiting for him in her country, whilst I've been trying to get these things in America ever since I came. Ultimately, they've gone through a lot of pain to be together and I've gone through a lot of pain to make my own life in the US, but no one can say who has suffered more. It's all about give and take, and when you play the game of comparing yourself to others, whether it be about speed of the process, number of visits, ease of transition, etc... it's really a pointless game. My point is, people aren't being jealous of your time together in my view, of it they are it's just in response to your own jealousy about others process.

Try not to stress yourself too much with tying up the loose ends and preparing for the wedding. Julian will be home before you know it, and there will be another big obstacle you have to overcome, and I guess that happens throughout life.

Gemmie and Johnny, I understand what you're saying, and I feel bad for that person who gave up on the process. It's really put a lot of this into perspective for me. We thought about me coming to England many times, but we decided that given some of the problems I had in settling in when I was over there for six months, it made more sense for Julian to come here. We are lucky to have the luxury to choose. I don't forget this. Ever.

But I don't think that what I'm complaining about in terms of comparing my timeline to other people's is any different from what anyone else does here. I have seen SO many people complain EXACTLY how I've been complaining. Why don't I get to do what other people do, every. single. day? Oh wait, I'm complaining again. :wacko:

Guess I'll go back to wedding planning and not complain anymore if it's not allowed.

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

Gemmie and Johnny, I understand what you're saying, and I feel bad for that person who gave up on the process. It's really put a lot of this into perspective for me. We thought about me coming to England many times, but we decided that given some of the problems I had in settling in when I was over there for six months, it made more sense for Julian to come here. We are lucky to have the luxury to choose. I don't forget this. Ever.

But I don't think that what I'm complaining about in terms of comparing my timeline to other people's is any different from what anyone else does here. I have seen SO many people complain EXACTLY how I've been complaining. Why don't I get to do what other people do, every. single. day? Oh wait, I'm complaining again. :wacko:

Guess I'll go back to wedding planning and not complain anymore if it's not allowed.

Here's how it works with this lot dear. They go through their process and do as much 'complaining' as anybody else. But once they've made it, they forget all about the pain of waiting and being separated. Go back far enough in 'ol Johnny Boy's or Gemmie's history, and no doubt you'll see them doing exactly what they now tell everyone to shut up about. That's how it works here on Visa Journey.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

Here's how it works with this lot dear. They go through their process and do as much 'complaining' as anybody else. But once they've made it, they forget all about the pain of waiting and being separated. Go back far enough in 'ol Johnny Boy's or Gemmie's history, and no doubt you'll see them doing exactly what they now tell everyone to shut up about. That's how it works here on Visa Journey.

:(

Thanks sweetie. I thought that might be the case. I've seen a lot of the "legacy members" be really rude to new filers and then try to excuse it by saying getting "bitchslapped" was a rite of passage in the UK forum. I don't think it should be. Why can't we be nicer to each other in here, like in some of the other regional forums?

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

:lol:

I always thought one got a superior education in Great Britain. I'm now convinced that (at least in your case Julian) reading comprehension was completely overlooked.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.