elmcitymaven

Getting MPs involved in the process

156 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Julian, you would be well served to take what I have just told you with a bit of consideration, rather than with a chip on your shoulder.

All I am saying to you is an interview is NOT a guarantee of immediate visa issuance. I did not make the comment with any ill intent. Rather I made the comment as a caution. You and Melissa have proven to be less than perfectly informed about this process.

Your choice as to whether or not you care to listen.

You're all heart mate. Interesting that you haven't proffered this bit of wisdom onto anyone else who announced their interview. No ill-intent huh? Not likely Johnny Boy.

And for your information, Melissa and I are probably two of the most informed people on this site. I'd say I'm more prepared than most. I don't see anyone else here who had the insight to contact their MP to kick the state department into gear.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Filed: Country:
Timeline
And for your information, Melissa and I are probably two of the most informed people on this site. I'd say I'm more prepared than most. I don't see anyone else here who had the insight to contact their MP to kick the state department into gear.

You keep thinking that and wear the big 'ole chip on your shoulder at the interview. They to throw around your perceived clout inside the US Embassy in London.

The Visa process is a very mechanical process and to think that a call to a member of a foreign government on behalf of an everyday Joe would bump you up in line is arrogant.

I would agree with JQ that you 2 seem to have one of the least complete understandings of the process and feel entitled to special treatment. For support of this just look bask at both of your topics, you demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of the time & process involved.

But then I also don't see why anyone is wasting time arguing with your about his as your opinion is meaningless to anyone else's VisaJourney and vise versa...

Regardless, good luck with your interview & enjoy your future...

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Timeline

You keep thinking that and wear the big 'ole chip on your shoulder at the interview. They to throw around your perceived clout inside the US Embassy in London.

The Visa process is a very mechanical process and to think that a call to a member of a foreign government on behalf of an everyday Joe would bump you up in line is arrogant.

People keep saying that. People keep telling me that I'm 'arrogant' (often because they don't bloody understand humour) and that I don't know what I'm doing. And yet at every obstacle I have managed to steer us past it, sometimes using unorthodox methods. So pardon me if I don't see how my 'arrogant' attitude has caused any harm so far. Quite the contrary actually, my attitude to get things done in the most efficient and direct manner have pushed us through this process quite nicely thank you.

I would agree with JQ that you 2 seem to have one of the least complete understandings of the process and feel entitled to special treatment. For support of this just look bask at both of your topics, you demonstrate a clear lack of understanding of the time & process involved.

If your opinion carried any water then Melissa and I would be hopelessly stuck somewhere around, oh I don't know, mailing in the initial parcel I suppose? I've shown more wisdom about this ridiculous process than most, and all you have to do is look at the evidence to see that. Not one single other person on this forum had ever thought to involve his MP, but I did, and it worked. So if it's a lack of understanding of how the process works, then I sure as bloody hell don't want to understand it. At least, not as the lemmings who patiently wait without lifitng a bloody finger to help themselves 'understand' it.

Regardless, good luck with your interview & enjoy your future...

Oh yes, nothing back-handed in that comment, is there? Well sir, 'good luck' to you as well, please do enjoy the fruits of your own considerable investment.

"It has been suggested that we'll squander the sponsors' money on wine, women and song. That is not true. We don't do a lot of singing here at Portman Road" - Ipswich Town owner John Cobbold

Timeline

Julian, sweetie, I think people are just trying to be helpful here. :star:

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations. I am now starting to worry about AP, after what JohnnyQuest wrote. I looked up treehugger's posts and I really worry that could happen to us. I've got a dress fitting tomorrow, and I've already chosen the bridesmaids' dresses, so I hope this doesn't happen! :crying:

"It doesn't matter who you love, or how you love, but that you love"

~Robert Browning~

event.png

My blog, where I ramble on occasionally:

Melissa's Meanderings

Timeline

I am now starting to worry about AP, after what JohnnyQuest wrote.

Much appreciated Johnny Boy. Hope you're having a laugh.

Timeline

J, let's take this offline please. I don't want to draw any more attention to this. I've been getting hateful comments on my blog again, and although I'm not posting them I can't stand getting any more, and this is just going to get more people to do this.

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

You're all heart mate. Interesting that you haven't proffered this bit of wisdom onto anyone else who announced their interview. No ill-intent huh? Not likely Johnny Boy.

As you previously noted, I'm not around much. You'll have to forgive me for not being able to post in everybody's "congrats" threads.

And (in case you care) it wasn't the announcement of the interview that prompted my commentary. It was Melissa's comment about being able to get married when "we want too".

Julian, sweetie, I think people are just trying to be helpful here. :star:

Thanks to everyone for their congratulations. I am now starting to worry about AP, after what JohnnyQuest wrote. I looked up treehugger's posts and I really worry that could happen to us. I've got a dress fitting tomorrow, and I've already chosen the bridesmaids' dresses, so I hope this doesn't happen! :crying:

Melissa, I'm sure your money isn't wasted on the gowns. I'm sure you will be able to wear them on your big day.

But it's not a good idea to pay down deposits or send out invitations till he's got his visa in hand. It's especially not a good idea for guests from abroad to buy travel based solely on an interview date.

I'm not laughing at all.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

If you want to book a big wedding, just be sure to allow in your contract to push the wedding date forward if need be--that's what my husband and I did just in case we didn't get the visa in time. We ended up with plenty of time, although our visa was delayed for 3 weeks due to the payment processing (they didn't ask David to pay for his visa at the Embassy).

I would suggest reading through the 2010 interview thread to get a general feel for the day and what it's generally like with all the little idiosyncrasies...good luck :)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

As you previously noted, I'm not around much. You'll have to forgive me for not being able to post in everybody's "congrats" threads.

And (in case you care) it wasn't the announcement of the interview that prompted my commentary. It was Melissa's comment about being able to get married when "we want too".

Melissa, I'm sure your money isn't wasted on the gowns. I'm sure you will be able to wear them on your big day.

But it's not a good idea to pay down deposits or send out invitations till he's got his visa in hand. It's especially not a good idea for guests from abroad to buy travel based solely on an interview date.

Thanks Johnny. :) I guess all of this has made me start getting overly paranoid. I've been so busy with preparations AND a sudden increase in my workload that I feel on edge all the time. :wacko: I know it's likely everything will be fine, and we have almost two months in between his interview and the wedding, so I'm only a little worried.

The bigger problem is going to be getting Julian to get all of the loose ends tied up before he leaves. Now that we understand about AP, we know he can't just go back right away to fix anything that needs fixing immediately. Although his father isn't happy about it, Julian's taking a leave of absence so we can do everything correctly. There's a lot he can do until he gets his EAD and AP anyway -- some securities course or something he was interested in doing. And he has some friends he said we should visit in DC, so we'll spend a while out there because I have family out there I have never visited.

I know Julian is maybe even more excited than I am for him to finally come home to me. I miss him so much -- I know we just saw each other, but I still hate having to be apart. I hope that people will have some sympathy for that -- don't we all hate being separated? Does the greater length of time apart somehow make your love greater? I don't think so. We have had some real challenges in our relationship, and we worked through them. We have been lucky to be together a lot of the time we have known each other, but I don't think this means necessarily that we deserve to be made fun of for missing each other despite seeing each other frequently.

Sorry, sorry, just feeling a little vulnerable today. :(

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

(((((hug))))))

Sounds like you needed one today :)

Everyone worries about the interview even though intellectually we all know it's virtually always easy-going... it sounds like a good idea to take the leave of absence to have a little siesta from work and adjusting to a new country/life (David really misses the sidewalks in Britain :lol: )

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

(((((hug))))))

Sounds like you needed one today :)

Everyone worries about the interview even though intellectually we all know it's virtually always easy-going... it sounds like a good idea to take the leave of absence to have a little siesta from work and adjusting to a new country/life (David really misses the sidewalks in Britain :lol: )

:luv:

Thank you Justine. Some days are easy, some are harder. Getting a lot of work piled on you can make you feel weaker than you might be really. I know Julian will be bored, but he is doing this course which will help a little. And at least we have sidewalks here! :lol:

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Thanks Johnny. :) I guess all of this has made me start getting overly paranoid. I've been so busy with preparations AND a sudden increase in my workload that I feel on edge all the time. :wacko: I know it's likely everything will be fine, and we have almost two months in between his interview and the wedding, so I'm only a little worried.

The bigger problem is going to be getting Julian to get all of the loose ends tied up before he leaves. Now that we understand about AP, we know he can't just go back right away to fix anything that needs fixing immediately. Although his father isn't happy about it, Julian's taking a leave of absence so we can do everything correctly. There's a lot he can do until he gets his EAD and AP anyway -- some securities course or something he was interested in doing. And he has some friends he said we should visit in DC, so we'll spend a while out there because I have family out there I have never visited.

I know Julian is maybe even more excited than I am for him to finally come home to me. I miss him so much -- I know we just saw each other, but I still hate having to be apart. I hope that people will have some sympathy for that -- don't we all hate being separated? Does the greater length of time apart somehow make your love greater? I don't think so. We have had some real challenges in our relationship, and we worked through them. We have been lucky to be together a lot of the time we have known each other, but I don't think this means necessarily that we deserve to be made fun of for missing each other despite seeing each other frequently.

Sorry, sorry, just feeling a little vulnerable today. :(

I have never felt it mattered how long people were separated as to the degree of their misery whilst apart. All parties suffer in these relationships where we can't see each other every day. I do feel badly though for those who have been separated a long while through no choice of their own. IMO that's where you get some "competitiveness" on VJ in the misery department. It's only natural to long to see the loved one. Those who can't do so easily do get green-eyed while going through it. I don't fault them for that.

At the end of the day though, once you are together for good, then all the separation and sorrow somehow melts away. It's hard to believe that, I know. But it's true.

Timeline

I have never felt it mattered how long people were separated as to the degree of their misery whilst apart. All parties suffer in these relationships where we can't see each other every day. I do feel badly though for those who have been separated a long while through no choice of their own. IMO that's where you get some "competitiveness" on VJ in the misery department. It's only natural to long to see the loved one. Those who can't do so easily do get green-eyed while going through it. I don't fault them for that.

At the end of the day though, once you are together for good, then all the separation and sorrow somehow melts away. It's hard to believe that, I know. But it's true.

Thanks, Johnny. :) I really appreciate it, especially what you said about the competitiveness. I have been on the receiving end of some of it, and while I really feel bad for people who have not been able to be together as much as my fiance and I have, I also realize I am very, very lucky to have had the opportunity to spend so much time together.

Eyes on the prize! :star:

~Robert Browning~

event.png

Melissa's Meanderings

Thanks, Johnny. :) I really appreciate it, especially what you said about the competitiveness. I have been on the receiving end of some of it, and while I really feel bad for people who have not been able to be together as much as my fiance and I have, I also realize I am very, very lucky to have had the opportunity to spend so much time together.

Eyes on the prize! :star:

Well, :lol: Melissa, I'm not sure you got my point.......let's just say it's good to be grateful for the ease with which you and Julian can see one another. And to be grateful for the relative ease (to date) of your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.